Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   World is Square house rules (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=55761)

wdmartin May 5th, 2016 12:37 AM

World is Square house rules

I am pleased to announce the initial release of the World is Square house rules for Hero Lab.

These rules eliminate a number of feat taxes by granting a bunch of bonus feats, and combining other feats (mainly combat maneuvers). The basic ideas were spelled out by Michael Iantorno in a blog post, and further developed in his Yavmir campaign setting.

The rule set I've put together is based mostly on the blog, with a couple of minor variations. Set up procedures, usage, and the full gory details of what all was added/changed/removed are spelled out in:

The Download Page

That includes an update channel for the package.

Please post any bug reports or questions in this thread. Hope these are useful!

TobyFox2002 May 5th, 2016 08:49 AM

I have found a small bug, that even when the use NPC option (so npcs use normal rules), is selected weapon focus, weapon specialization and their greater versions use the Fighter weapon categories and not the normal individual weapon choices.

--Edit:

I have found that most of the no feat tax versions of the feats are being added to NPC characters. Which mostly works, but in the case of the Focus/Spec feats creates some funky results. In the feat selection list there are often duplicated entries of some feats which creates some confusion as to which feat to chose. I will try and make a list of all the feats as I come across them.

wdmartin May 5th, 2016 04:25 PM

I think I may be confused as to what you were after when you suggested the "NPCs pay feat taxes" option.

Here's how I set it up:

1) I used the *Preclude tab to preclude the normal versions of the feats when the WiS rules are active.

2) I used the Mechanics tab to grant a bunch of bonus feats: Deadly Aim, Combat Expertise, Power Attack, Weapon Finesse, Point-Blank Shot, and Agile Maneuvers.

3) I set up the "NPCs pay feat taxes" option to disable the granting of the bonus feats, but nothing else. So if an NPC wants, say, Power Attack, they have to spend a feat to get it, but they still have access to the newer combined feats like Powerful Maneuvers.

Could you please describe in a bit more detail how you expect the "NPCs pay feat taxes" option to behave?

TCArknight July 28th, 2016 06:50 AM

I have to say I love this. :)

However, I've found a bug that, while not totally breaking the usability, could be a pain in some instances.

* Monks, Unchained Monks and Brawlers, who normally get Improved Unarmed Strike for free, shows the Unarmed Strike weapon as non-lethal damage.

TCArknight August 3rd, 2016 11:11 AM

I also just realized that the Weapon Focus feat is missing the +1 BAB requirement.....

Fuzzy August 30th, 2016 10:10 AM

So awesome that I found this before taking the time to slowly implement this on my own. Some observations on first use:

- Some things that grant bonus feats with replaced feats (Kapenia Dancer grants Weapon Focus (Bladed Scarf) as a bonus feat) do not grant the new Weapon Focus (flails) feat, Not sure if this is fixable, but might be worth a note about it.

wdmartin August 30th, 2016 11:35 AM

That's a good point. I'll take a look and see what I can do about that. It might take a modified version of the archetype that would be active with WiS rules are turned on.

Gragan September 27th, 2017 09:05 PM

I hate to necro a thread, but this is exactly on the point i was looking for. Would there be some way of altering this so you can activate only some of these house rules? Basically our group is wanting to incorporate either all of them one at at time until we get used to them or try them, or might only want to incorporate some. (especially the weapon grouping ones) is this possible?
I would have a bash myself by my coding abilities are about 20 years rusty and studying law doesnt leave me much time to learn to code again!

lacker October 12th, 2017 09:39 PM

Anyone using this mod on Hero Lab for iPad?

I am able to use this mod on HL for desktop but when I try to use on HL for iPad I get exception rules for the no-feat tax options. When I try to change my character setup to choose the no-feat tax option I can't find it as an option. If I try to click on User Content, this is not an option either.

Anyone have this working on HL for iPad?

Thx

Fuzzy October 16th, 2017 03:58 PM

I noticed a slight issue with this. The replacement Weapon Focus feat is missing the Helper.AnimCompOK tag, so it is not showing in the list of available feats for animal companions anymore. Should be an easy fix to add it.

wdmartin October 17th, 2017 07:37 AM

@Gragan Maaaaybe. I'll have to go back and look at how I did it.

@lacker I have no idea if it works on iPad -- I haven't got one to test it. Anybody?

@Fuzzy I'll see if I can fix that this evening when I get home.

TobyFox2002 October 17th, 2017 09:10 AM

I realize this is a bit off-topic from the currently, discussed issue. But, I'm currently running a Mythic game and while I understand that the rules were never set up to work with mythic versions of the feats. There are some issues regarding how it the no feat tax rules interacts with the mythic versions of the feats.

Especially those that require you to select a weapon such as Mythic improved critical. Which actually seem to produce errors because you cannot select weapons properly.

lacker October 17th, 2017 09:26 AM

Fix Found - My User Error

So for those who may use an iPad and want to use the No Feat Tax system... it DOES work with the iPad.

My error was in not selecting the WiS software to download to my iPad (under licenses, update software).

Since my character was created on my laptop using No Feat Tax it was readily accepted on my iPad once the software was loaded.

Happy camper now 😊!

wdmartin October 17th, 2017 10:00 PM

I sat down tonight to start looking at some revisions to these. Here's my to-do list.

[ ] Give Unarmed Combatant to Monks, Unchained Monks, and Brawlers
[ ] Make Weapon Focus require BAB at +1
[ ] Investigate the possibility of turning on and off individual feats
[X] Make Weapon Focus work for animal companions
[ ] Figure out Mythic Improved Critical issues, which are super weird

I also thought I would go looking for archetypes and other abilities that might need to be modified. For example, a Ranger with the two-handed combat style can still select Power Attack as a bonus feat even though it's already been supplied by WiS. Similarly, a Feral Child Druid is supposed to Improved Unarmed Strike, which should be converted to Unarmed Combatant.

I made it through every option listed for the core classes on d20pfsrd. That includes: Barbarian rage powers, Cleric domains and subdomains, Ranger combat styles, Rogue talents, Sorcerer bloodlines, Wizard schools, and all archetypes for all core classes.

At that point my list was 82 items long, and I know for a fact I missed several because I overlooked Deadly Aim and Improved Steal early in the process.

... yeah, I think I'm going to fix those when somebody complains about them. I don't really want to go through and rewrite a major chunk of the entire Pathfinder system.

So I'll work on this shorter list, probably tomorrow night. I already added Helper.AnimCompOK to Weapon Focus, so it works for animal companions now. (Note: I haven't pushed out an update yet, I'll do that once the above checklist is done.)

wdmartin October 31st, 2017 12:09 AM

[X] Give Unarmed Combatant to Monks, Unchained Monks, and Brawlers
[X] Make Weapon Focus require BAB at +1
[ ] Investigate the possibility of turning on and off individual feats
[X] Make Weapon Focus work for animal companions
[ ] Figure out Mythic Improved Critical issues, which are super weird
[ ] Grant Weapon Focus (Flails) to Kapenia Dancer magus archetype

Some progress. I got Unarmed Combatant onto monks, unchained monks, and brawlers with no particular difficulty.

Weapon Focus now complains if you take it without having a BAB of +1 or higher.

I started looking into the Mythic Improved Critical issue, and staggered out feeling rather dizzy a couple hours later. That sucker is complicated.

To clear my head, I thought I'd go work on granting Weapon Focus (Flails) as a bonus feat to Kapenia Dancers, who ordinarily get Weapon Focus (Bladed Scarf). The logical approach was to use a Mechanic that checked for the appropriate archetype and bootstrapped the feat on if so, then gave it skippreq.

The original Weapon Focus uses the tag Target.? to auto-assign a value to a bootstrapped feat. For example, tagging the feat with Target.wBite gives you Weapon Focus (Bite). My own Weapon Focus doesn't share much code with the original, so I set out to replicate that feature. And it works! Mostly.

I created a new tag GTarget, and tagged the bootstrapped feat with GTarget.Flails. Okay so far. After banging my head at it for a while, I even got it to correctly pick up the targeted weapon group from GTarget.?. It correctly applies the +1 bonus and tags the hero as having Weapon Focus with all weapons in the Flail group. Mechanically, everything is working fine.

Buuut ... the UI doesn't work so well. My sample Kapenia Dancer winds up with Weapon Focus (-No Selection-) and a validation error saying to choose an option for Weapon Focus, even though she's getting the bonus applied correctly. I've gone over and over the code for the original Weapon Focus, and I'm stumped.

How do I inform the drop-down selector that it should be set to Flails? And, preferably, not allowed to change?

Aaron October 31st, 2017 05:23 AM

Why do you need to create the new GTarget tag group? I'd simply use a script to find the copy of weapon focus bootstrapped by Kapenia Dancer, then at an early timing switch the Target tag it has.

wdmartin October 31st, 2017 09:07 AM

Well, correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the Target tag only allow for specific weapons? Under the World is Square rules, Weapon Focus applies to weapon groups. I need to be able to say something like "Target.Flails" or "Target.BladesHeavy", but the compiler complained about non-existent tags when I tried that.

I tried extending the Target tag by adding the groups as options in my .1st file, but then the compiler complained about a duplicate id "Target", which is perfectly reasonable. So I shrugged and made it "GTarget" for "Group Target".

Aaron October 31st, 2017 09:15 AM

So basically they all get the benefit of the following feat from ARG:

Martial Versatility
You further broaden your study of weapons to encompass multiple similar weapons.

Prerequisites: Fighter level 4th, human.

Benefit: Choose one combat feat you know that applies to a specific weapon (e.g., Weapon Focus). You can use that feat with any weapon within the same weapon group.

I'd say copy that and see how it modifies whatever feat it selects. Then your mechanic can do the same modification, but for every copy of weapon focus on the hero.

wdmartin October 31st, 2017 10:08 AM

That part is already working. I have a fully coded weapon focus that allows you to select a weapon group instead of a specific weapon. I've used a *Preclude rule to suppress the standard weapon focus when the World is Square rules are active.

The preclude rule, however, poses a problem in cases where an archetype grants weapon focus as a bonus feat. For example, the Kapenia Dancer archetype of the Magus class gives you Weapon Focus (bladed scarf) at level 1. Because the standard weapon focus has been precluded, characters with that archetype do not receive the bonus feat they are entitled to.

In order to correct that, I'm using a Mechanic that checks for the appropriate archetype tags and bootstraps the modified weapon focus feat instead. For example, a Kapenia Dancer would get Weapon Focus (Flails) instead of (bladed scarf) because a bladed scarf is in the flails weapon group.

That's where it breaks down. I can bootstrap my feat to the archetype just fine, but so far I haven't been able to pre-select flails. It always bootstraps the base feat with no group selected, when I need it to grant it with one specific group already set.

The original weapon focus solves this by tagging the feat with Target.Whatever when it is bootstrapped, and then its eval script uses that instead of usrChosen1 to determine the selection. I'm trying to do the same. My code is at home, I'll post it after work.

On a final note, this missive is probably the longest thing I've ever typed on my phone. Not a fan of tapping away on a teeny screen for long compositions!

Aaron October 31st, 2017 11:41 AM

Alright, so if I understand correctly, you have all the mechanics working how you want, you just need to force a selection. You tried adding a new tag group which shared Target's group ID, but that ran into duplication errors. Target is a dynamic tag group though, so you are free to make new ones at will with whatever Tag IDs you want. As long as it is defined on something in a common file, the tag should be usable.

Try this. Create an ability which isn't added anywhere, purely to store the new Target tags you'll define. Then define them on this ability, making sure to set the name attribute when defining.

Code:

<thing id="abTagDf"
    name="Tag Definition Helper"
    description="Just something to define some tags we want to use elsewhere."
    compset="Ability">
    <tag group="Target" tag="wGrpFlail" name="Flail Weapon Group" abbrev="Group (Flail)"/>
    </thing>

Then when you bootstrap the copy of weapon focus, use these newly defined tag. Because there isn't a matching unique ID for the Target tag, the feat won't do anything itself, but it will look right, and if I understand correctly you've already worked around that somehow.

wdmartin October 31st, 2017 11:54 AM

I'll give that a try. I wish I were at home and could post my code for Weapon Focus so you could see it directly though -- it's pretty different from the stock Weapon Focus. Look for an update in a few hours!

Fuzzy October 31st, 2017 12:11 PM

I'm not sure I understand why a custom Weapon Focus is even required here - why not just bootstrap in Martial Mastery from the main mechanic, since that is essentially what the feat tax rules describe anyway.

wdmartin October 31st, 2017 12:53 PM

I initially thought the same, but abandoned that approach. Basically, it came down to a user interface choice.

Martial Mastery functions by choosing a specific weapon, and then you get the benefits of Weapon Focus for all other weapons that share a group with that weapon. That requires the end user to understand that if they want Weapon Focus (Heavy Blades), they have to pick Weapon Focus (Greatsword) or another heavy blade, and the bonus will be silently applied to whatever heavy blade they happen to have in their possession even though it's listed on their character sheet as "Greatsword".

It also requires them to navigate the incredibly long list of every possible weapon in the game, which is hundreds long at this point. Particularly since Hero Lab implements all the weird little one-off weapons which have to appear in the feat because one monster in some splatbook has Weapon Focus (Tentacle Beard).

Compare to being given a list of 16 weapon groups and picking one. You don't have to guess which weapon is in which group, or understand that picking one weapon is technically the same as picking its whole group. You just pick your group and be done.

The coding was somewhat more difficult on the back end, but the end result is substantially easier to use.

wdmartin October 31st, 2017 06:25 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Okay, shopping is done, dinner is cooked and eaten, dishes have been dealt with, and now here's the code.

The Mechanic I currently have set up looks like this (after some compositing into a single screenshot):

http://forums.wolflair.com/attachmen...1&d=1509501788

In addition, it has a fairly simple eval script that runs at Final Phase 100:

Code:

doneif (hero.tagis[source.WiSRules] = 0)

~ We're an NPC, and subject to feat taxes, so we're done
doneif (hero.tagis[WiSRules.PayFeatTax] <> 0)

~ Check if we're a Kapenia Dancer, and bail out if not
doneif (hero.tagcount[ClassVary.arMagKapen] = 0)

perform hero.child[fwsWepFoc].assign[thing.skipprereq]

All that really does is tell it to ignore the pre-reqs.

Meanwhile, the eval script for Weapon Focus, running at Post-Levels 10000, is as follows:

Code:

~ If we're disabled, do nothing
doneif (tagis[Helper.FtDisable] <> 0)

~if we haven't chosen anything yet, just get out now
doneif (field[usrChosen1].ischosen + tagis[GTarget.?] = 0)

~get the wFtrGroup tag from our choice or GTarget tag
if (tagis[GTarget.?] <> 0) then
        perform this.pulltags[GTarget.?,wFtrGroup]
else
        perform field[usrChosen1].chosen.pulltags[wFtrGroup.?]
endif

~if we didn't find a wFtrGroup tag, there's nothing more we can do
doneif (tagis[wFtrGroup.?] = 0)

~ Get the list of weapons in the group.
var searchexp as string
searchexp = tagids[wFtrGroup.?,"|"]

~ Tag the hero has having weapon focus for each weapon
~ in order to satisfy pre-requisites for feats that
~ require weapon focus with a specific weapon.
foreach thing in BaseWep where searchexp
        if (eachthing.tagis[WepFocus.?] <> 0) then
                perform hero.assignstr[eachthing.tagids[WepFocus.?, ","]]
        endif
nexteach

~ Iterate through the weapons currently in the hero's possession
~ and apply the bonus to those that the hero is proficient with.
foreach pick in hero from BaseWep
        var proceed as number
        proceed = 0

~ Must be part of this weapon group.
    if (eachpick.tagmatch[wFtrGroup,wFtrGroup,initial] <> 0) then
                proceed += 1
        endif

~ Hero must be proficient with the weapon.
    if (eachpick.tagcount[Helper.Proficient] <> 0) then
                proceed += 1
        endif

~ Yay, passed both tests.  Award them their shiny +1.
    if (proceed > 1) then
                perform eachpick.assign[Broadcast.WepFocus]
    endif
nexteach

~ Finally, tag the hero as having group weapon focus.
var boundary as number
var group as string
boundary = pos(searchexp, ".") + 1
group = mid(searchexp, boundary, length(searchexp))

perform hero.assignstr["WepGFoc." & group]

The end result on my test Kapenia Dancer looks like this:

http://forums.wolflair.com/attachmen...1&d=1509502248

The attack bonus appears to be correct. Under World is Square rules, all heros get Weapon Finesse automatically on light weapons, hence the dex mod in the attack bonus. And the weapon focus is applied to the scarf, but not the unarmed strike.

The only problem is that the Weapon Focus feat remains in an unselected state instead of selected. It should look like this:

http://forums.wolflair.com/attachmen...1&d=1509502452

Ideally, it would also be impossible to change the assignment away from Flails, since the PC is supposed to get this specific one, not their choice of any. That's all I really need to do -- set the state of usrChosen1 to the correct value and then turn it off.

Mathias November 1st, 2017 08:34 AM

The Target group can look as if it pre-selects something, because in the core files, we can control the display scripts, and make the display of that drop-down pretend to have chosen something. That is not something your made up tag group can get in on.

So, to repeat something Aaron said earlier, why create this new GTarget group? Why can't you use Target tags? If you need new picks to choose from just for this purpose, that's what the Selection Helper compset is for, but I'd look at borrowing the fighter weapon training abilities, first.

Aaron November 1st, 2017 11:15 AM

So, I feel like I have better context, but my recommendation hasn't changed.

wdmartin November 1st, 2017 03:21 PM

Okay! I tore out the GTarget stuff, put in a dummy thing with tag definitions per Aaron's suggestion, and adjusted my eval scripts to match. It works fine now. Thank you both very much.

I could wish for a more obvious mechanism for setting the value of a drop-down menu. Numeric fields can be set with .value, and textual fields can be set with .text, but unless I've missed something there's no operation for specifying what a menu should be set to.

Ah well. Onward!

wdmartin November 4th, 2017 02:18 PM

3 Attachment(s)
All right! I think I have completed all of the requested changes, plus a few things.

[X] Monks, Unchained Monks, and Brawlers now get Unarmed Combatant for free
[X] Weapon Focus requires BAB of +1 or higher
[X] Weapon Focus works for animal companions
[X] Mythic Improved Critical works with World is Square rules
[X] Kapenia Dancer magus archetype gets Weapon Focus (Flails) for free
[X] Feral Child druid archetype gets Unarmed Combatant for free
[X] Corrected a bunch of typos in the feat descriptions
[X] Made it possible to selectively enable portions of the rule set.

If you have an existing character using WiS rules that has Mythic Improved Critical selected, you will need to delete that feat and re-add it after updating. The original Mythic Improved Critical feat has been suppressed with a Preclude, and replaced with one that uses Weapon Groups instead of individual weapons. The critical multiplier increase applies to all weapons in the selected group, except those for which the hero lacks proficiency.

The last item on the list is involved, and needs explanation. The list of World is Square options in the hero configurator (CTRL+K) now looks like this:

http://forums.wolflair.com/attachmen...1&d=1509833561

Enable all World is Square rules: Formerly named "Eliminate feat taxes". This turns on all of the World is Square house rules at once. If you have an existing character using this rule set, this will already be checked and the PC should continue to function as normal before.

Grant Default Combat Feats: when this is active, the PC will receive
Agile Maneuvers, Combat Expertise, Deadly Aim, Point Black Shot, Power Attack and Weapon Finesse for free, provided their BAB is high enough to qualify. Agile Maneuvers will only be applied if the hero's DEX mod is higher than their STR mod. Point Blank Shot is given to the hero so that they will qualify for subsequent feats, but its effects are suppressed. Weapon Finesse will not appear in the list of feats, but its effects are applied to light weapons when the PC's DEX mod is higher than their STR mod.

Group Weapon Feats: uses fighter weapon groups in the selectors for Weapon Focus, Greater Weapon Focus, Weapon Specialization, Greater Weapon Specialization, Improved Critical, and Mythic Improved Critical. Also enables Weapon Focus (ray), because rays are not present in any weapon group.

Combine Combat Maneuvers: replaces the usual combat maneuver feats with Unarmed Combatant (Improved Unarmed Strike, Improved Grapple), Deft Maneuvers (Improved Feint, Disarm, Dirty Trick, and Steal), and Powerful Maneuvers (Improved Bull Rush, Drag, Overrun, and Sunder).

Dodge and Two-Weapon Fighting: combines Dodge and Mobility into a single feat, and causes Improved Two-Weapon Fighting to scale with level.

NPCs pay normal feat taxes: functions as before.

I made adjustments to a couple archetypes, Kapenia Dancer (magus) and Feral Child (druid). These archetypes grant bonus feats that were replaced or altered by the World is Square house rules. PCs with these archetypes are now granted the equivalent World is Square feat at the appropriate level. If you would like a similar adjustment for some other archetype in the same position, please post a request here. There are an awful lot of other archetypes that could do with adjusting, but I think I'd rather adjust on a per-request basis than attempt a comprehensive reworking of the vast profusion of options out there.

At this point, I would like to ask for assistance with testing. If you are one of the people who requested a change, or just happen to be interested, please consider taking a moment to help with testing. To do so:
  • download the attached files and place them in your pathfinder game system folder
  • Rename world-is-square.txt to world-is-square.1st
  • Open Hero Lab, let it compile and load the data files
  • Load up a character and check to see if it's working.

Try enabling and disabling things. I would prefer to catch as many bugs as possible BEFORE pushing out an update through the update channel I established. Thanks.

wdmartin November 14th, 2017 06:29 PM

Hearing no objections, I have pushed this into the update channel.

wdmartin November 19th, 2017 12:55 AM

Just pushed out 1.2, a quick bug fix. Warpriests are supposed to get Weapon Focus for free at level 1, and weren't because it was suppressed. I've corrected that.

I thought it worked correctly with the Sacred Weapon damage bonus, too, but on further investigation, not quite. The sacred weapon damage die increase is working for your deity's favored weapon, but it's supposed to work for any weapon in which you have weapon focus also. And it's not. So, for example, a devotee of Calistria with Weapon Focus (Flails) will get the increased damage dice on a whip, but not on a heavy flail even though they technically have weapon focus for both and should get the increased damage dice for both.

I'll have to poke at it some more.

The Wyrm Ouroboros December 20th, 2017 10:56 PM

When using the WiS Weapon Focus ability, I continue to get this after selection of the weapon class:

Quote:

Invalid syntax for tag template
Location: 'eval' script for Thing 'fwsWepFoc' (Eval script #1) near line 32
I also occasionally get this:

Quote:

Invalid tag expression specified for 'foreach' statement
Location: 'pre-requisite rule' script for Thing 'fCoverFirV' near line 9
'fCoverFirV' has, of course, Weapon Focus (in this case with any firearm) as a prerequisite.

Hm. Would it work better for you to, instead of precluding 'fWepFoc', instead have 'fwsWepFoc' replace 'fWepFoc'?

wdmartin December 21st, 2017 12:00 AM

Unfortunately, no. I initially used replace instead of preclude, but doing so caused problems. Specifically, if you use replace, that replacement happens even if the WiS rules are not enabled. Which naturally bollixes up every non-WiS character who has Weapon Focus. There are a lot of those.

Could you please post a copy of the portfolio that's causing this problem, with a description of the exact steps to reproduce the error? I have come across those errors before, but they've been sporadic. It would help a lot to have a consistent way to reproduce the problem so that I can diagnose the root cause. It may be a timing issue.

wdmartin December 22nd, 2017 12:21 AM

Wyrm, never mind on that request for a .por file. I think I've got it nailed down.

And, amazingly, it's not a bug in my code! (For once.) It's a bug in the pre-reqs script for the feat Covering Fire (the one from the Villain Codex).

The pre-req code for that feat currently looks like this:

Code:

var tagexpr as string

if (hero.tagis[WepFocus.?] <> 0) then
        tagexpr = "wCategory.Firearm & (" & hero.tagids[WepFocus.?] & ")"
else
        @valid = 0
        done
endif

foreach thing in BaseWep where tagexpr
        @valid = 1
nexteach

Because the error says it was an invalid tag expression, I copied this script over to a fake feat called Blork and added a line like this right after the tagexpr variable is defined:

Code:

debug "Tag expression is: " & tagexpr
Then I set up a Gunslinger with the World is Square rules turned on, added Weapon Focus (Firearms), and Covering Fire. The debug output looks like this:

Code:

Tag expression is: wCategory.Firearm & (WepFocus.wAasenMort,WepFocus.wMHAirPist,WepFocus.wMHAirRifl,WepFocus.wArcPistol,WepFocus.wArcRifle,WepFocus.wAutograpn,WepFocus.wAxeMusket,WepFocus.wBlunderbu,WepFocus.wBombardHv,WepFocus.wBombardLt,WepFocus.wBombardSt,WepFocus.wBuckGun,WepFocus.wCannon,WepFocus.wCannFiend,WepFocus.wGRCannGre,WepFocus.wGRCannHvy,WepFocus.wGRCannLgt,WepFocus.wGRCannSct,WepFocus.wMHHKMP5,WepFocus.wMHHKMP5K,WepFocus.wMHM4Carbi,WepFocus.wMHUzi,WepFocus.wCulverin,WepFocus.wDartGun,WepFocus.wDeathRay,WepFocus.wDblHackbu,WepFocus.wGRDragon,WepFocus.wDragMuske,WepFocus.wDragPisto,WepFocus.wEMPPistol,WepFocus.wEMPRifle,WepFocus.wFirelance,WepFocus.wMHFlameth,WepFocus.wFlaTh1917,WepFocus.wMHFlareGn,WepFocus.wFlareGun,WepFocus.wMPBBGatgn,WepFocus.wGRGorgon,WepFocus.wGravPisto,WepFocus.wGravRifle,WepFocus.wMHM792,WepFocus.wGRHarpy,WepFocus.wHotchkiss,WepFocus.wIdRifle,WepFocus.wInfPistol,WepFocus.wLasPistol,WepFocus.wLasPist2,WepFocus.wLaserRifl,WepFocus.wLMGMadsen,WepFocus.wMHM2HB,WepFocus.wMHM60,WepFocus.wMHTTMG,WepFocus.wGRMedusa,WepFocus.wMHNetLaun,WepFocus.wMHPntBlGn,WepFocus.wMHBer92F,WepFocus.wMHBer93R,WepFocus.wMHCM1911,WepFocus.wMHCDE10mm,WepFocus.wMHDerring,WepFocus.wMHDestEgl,WepFocus.wMHFalcon4,WepFocus.wMHGlock17,WepFocus.wMHGlock20,WepFocus.wMHMAC10,WepFocus.wMHSITESM9,WepFocus.wMHSkorpin,WepFocus.wMHTEC9,WepFocus.wMHWalPPK,WepFocus.wGRPrivate,WepFocus.wMHCPython,WepFocus.wMHPathfin,WepFocus.wMHRugerSv,WepFocus.wMHSWM29,WepFocus.wMHAK47,WepFocus.wMHBarLtFy,WepFocus.wMHHKG3,WepFocus.wMHHKPSG1,WepFocus.wMHM16A2,WepFocus.wMHOICW,WepFocus.wMHRem762,WepFocus.wMHSterAUG,WepFocus.wMHTACMIL,WepFocus.wMHWinch94,WepFocus.wMSRDConcs,WepFocus.wMSRDCryon,WepFocus.wMHLAW,WepFocus.wMHBene121,WepFocus.wMHBerM3P,WepFocus.wMHBrnBPS,WepFocus.wMHMoss12G,WepFocus.wMHSawShot,WepFocus.wMPSCEGRSG,WepFocus.wMHSkFmSpr,WepFocus.wGRStinger,WepFocus.wMHSpWatGn,WepFocus.wGRSwivGun,WepFocus.wMHTaser,WepFocus.wGRTitan,WepFocus.wMHWaterCn)
Yup -- the hero was successfully tagged as having Weapon Focus with every single firearm in the game. But the resulting tag expression is totally invalid -- hence the error.

If you disable the WiS rules and create a gunslinger with Weapon Focus (Blunderbuss) and Covering Fire, everything works great. In that case, my test code yields this:

Code:

Tag expression is: wCategory.Firearm & (WepFocus.wBlunderbu)
This is a valid tag expression and works fine.

But if you take that same gunslinger (without the WiS rules) and add a second Weapon Focus feat, it triggers the invalid tag expression error. Here's the debug output for a gunslinger who's got Covering Fire, Weapon Focus (Blunderbuss) and Weapon Focus (Lance):

Code:

Tag expression is: wCategory.Firearm & (WepFocus.wBlunderbu,WepFocus.wLance)
So basically, the Covering Fire pre-req script is bugged in such a way that it cannot tolerate a PC with more than one Weapon Focus feat.

I'll file a bug report.

The Wyrm Ouroboros December 23rd, 2017 05:08 PM

And I was just testing stuff out and putting together a file. :P :) Fair enough.

Avalon2099 January 2nd, 2018 08:27 PM

Having some issues with this mod. Ive followed all the instructions for import, when I get to the in-game setup step I scroll down to House Rules and cannot find the "World is Square" options in any form.

Please help.

wdmartin January 3rd, 2018 07:14 AM

Hrm! Well, that's unexpected.

Just to confirm, you added the source, and it did the import and told you the import was successful, right?

Did you get any error messages at any point? If so, when did they occur and what did they say?

What other Hero Lab mods do you have installed, if any? It's possible they might not be playing nice with each other.

Try deleting the WiS rules using the "manage third-party updates" option and then reinstall them.

SpectreMarkVI January 6th, 2018 06:36 PM

I've noticed recently that when I equip a shield an ACP is being applied to my attacks as if I'm not proficient with it. It happens when I use the first 2 option in the newest update.

Aaron January 8th, 2018 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpectreMarkVI (Post 261157)
I've noticed recently that when I equip a shield an ACP is being applied to my attacks as if I'm not proficient with it. It happens when I use the first 2 option in the newest update.

Using weapon finesse? if so, that is working as intended (unless world is square is supposed to change that).

wdmartin January 9th, 2018 04:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I built a level 1 rogue with WiS enabled, and gave him a short sword and a shield. When he has the shield equipped, his attack bonus looks like this:

Quote:

Melee -2 = +0 (BAB) +2 (dexterity mod) -2 (ACP from armor) -2 (ACP from shield)
Then I disabled the WiS rules and gave him Weapon Finesse normally. His attack bonus then looked like this:

Quote:

Melee -2 = +0 (BAB) +2 (dexterity mod) -2 (ACP from armor) -2 (ACP from shield)
I'm getting identical results whether the World is Square rules are enabled or not, so I don't think it's a WiS thing.

As to whether it's really supposed to apply that armor check penalty TWICE, I don't know. It seems a tad punitive.

My test PC wasn't wearing armor -- his only gear was a shield and the short sword. I've attached the portfolio in case anyone wants to verify that I'm not crazy. Please, please verify that I'm not crazy. I'M NOT CRAZY! *froths*

Dami January 9th, 2018 11:28 PM

Your character is not proficient with a shield, thus you get a penalty (equal to its ACP) on all attacks. That's the -2 armour penalty. You then get an additional -2 penalty because of Weapon Finesse and a shield.
This has nothing to do with the WiS data files - I don't have them at all, so they weren't active. You could report this as a bug if you don't think both penalties should stack.