Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Requesting help with creating custom spell list (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=59597)

Bob G November 21st, 2017 08:44 PM

Requesting help with creating custom spell list

Hi everyone, new user to the editor. I'm creating a custom class, and want to make a custom spell list for it.

I used tutorial #5 as a guide, and added versions of the spells usable only by this class. However, when I go back into Hero Lab and click the Spellbook button on the class tab, nothing happens...

I did create a tag ID called 'StartBook.sbStartArn' (Arn is the class ID), but that didn't seem to help.

Is there some other bootstrap that I need to perform to link the class to the spellbook? If so, where?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Kaleb November 22nd, 2017 10:51 AM

HI Bob, to create a spell list for a new class you have to enter each spell in the *extend thing tab in the general tab. Maybe Collin or Errin could walk you through it when they tried it for me I did not understand it.

Aaron November 22nd, 2017 02:04 PM

To clarify, are you trying to set up the starting spellbook for your class or set up a spell list? Or Both?

Bob G November 23rd, 2017 05:16 AM

Both actually, but the starting spellbook is what is currently confounding me.

Bob G November 26th, 2017 06:10 AM

Dotting in hopes of further assistance...

ShadowChemosh November 26th, 2017 07:39 AM

Hard to help as you didn't provide allot of details.

See THIS post for where I helped someone else with starting spells book issues and provided a working .user file. If this does not help then please provide your .user file and I will try and take a look to see what is missing.

Bob G November 26th, 2017 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 259355)
Hard to help as you didn't provide allot of details.

See THIS post for where I helped someone else with starting spells book issues and provided a working .user file. If this does not help then please provide your .user file and I will try and take a look to see what is missing.

Brilliant! Thank you so much SC for your help with this. I tried your suggestion, and it worked perfectly. I really appreciate your help!

Aaron November 27th, 2017 12:44 PM

I am very sorry Bob G. The holiday and family distracted me and I forgot about this thread until today when I am catching up on my foruming.

ShadowChemosh, thanks again for helping out.

Bob G November 27th, 2017 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaron (Post 259429)
I am very sorry Bob G. The holiday and family distracted me and I forgot about this thread until today when I am catching up on my foruming.

ShadowChemosh, thanks again for helping out.

No problem Aaron, it was a holiday weekend, and I completely understand. I hope you'll be able to help me out with other questions which are undoubtedly on the horizon :D.