Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Pathfinder Community Packs (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=51966)

rwglaub May 13th, 2015 08:17 PM

Downloaded, imported and working just fine. Thanks!

Anderlorn May 14th, 2015 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 208760)
So I had to look those up on d20pfsrd as I don't have every 3PP book memorized. :)

Ranger Pack Leader - Not currently on the radar at all. Have not added much by that company yet.

Psychic Mage (Wizard)
- Maybe my search-fu sucks But I can't find this class. :( Ok my bad found it in Ultimate Psionics. So same as Dark Tempest. Its in the list but I can't give an exact date. But it will get done at some point.

Dark Tempest
- This is from Ultimate Psionics and is on the radar for "soon". Of course soon means any day to many months. So it will get added but I can't give a specific time line yet.

Thank you ShadowChemosh for taking your valuable time in answering my questions,

All of the (3) above appear in Ultimate Psionics, Ranger Pack Leader is on pages 293 and 294. And just for reference, Psychic Mage is on pages 295 and 296. Dark Tempest appears on pages 355 - 357.

I looked at the editor to see if maybe I could do it, but I am not sure about where I would add Ranger Pack Leader and Psychic Mage since both are really Archetypes of their classes. I see where you can add a class but not an archetype.

Thank you!

EDIT: I just saw the Video Tutorial link in your signature, I'll look at the videos and give it another go.

Quintain May 14th, 2015 09:58 AM

Creating a archetype is on the same tab in the editor as creating a class. The far left bottom row.

ShadowChemosh May 14th, 2015 11:21 AM

Yep as Quintain says about the Archetype tab. I would recommend starting with inputting the new Archetype class abilities on the "Class->Class Special" tab in the editor. Don't worry about scripting. Just get it in as text.

Then on the "Class->Archetype" tab you can tell it what base class, what Class Abilities are being added and can assign your new Class Specials.

That would get you good exposure to the Editor. Then after that is all working then worry about scripting each Class Special to actually work.

Anderlorn May 14th, 2015 07:23 PM

Ok, I started creating the Ranger Pack Leader Archetype.

ShadowChemosh May 16th, 2015 09:17 AM

A new feature of Hero Lab v7.0 was the ability to have "Encounters Library's" setup for AP and Modules. The community is making use of these so in example the WotW AP and Curse of the Crimson Thrown that use to be downloaded from d20pfsrd is now found inside of HL. Assuming you have setup the Community Servers.

Start HL and in the bottom right corner click on "Find Updates". Then in the list look for "PF Encounters: XXXXXX". Download and let it install. Then you can go to "Gamemaster->Show Encounter Library" to make use of it.

I have also started to change over some of the Modules so in example "Tears at Bitter Manor" is on d20pfsrd for download. When you unzip it you will find a single .hl file inside. Double click it and let it install the Encounter Library.

This is nice new feature that we are taking advantage off. But once converted to these new files the AP's are too big to be stored on d20pfsrd. So I will be setting them up as downloads from inside of HL. On the good side this also means when they get updated you will be prompted to download/install again. :)

rwglaub May 17th, 2015 04:52 AM

I am finding out that I have a problem with creating custom magic items using your packs. A while ago I created a Ring of Sustenance that did not take up an equipment slot. It is no longer slotless and I find that I now cannot create one. As a matter of fact I can no longer create rings at all unless I go through the very cumbersome editor.

Quintain May 19th, 2015 08:16 PM

After creating a new development environment to work with sourcetree, I pulled a new file set down and am now getting the following errors:

The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

The following errors occurred:

File: COM_3PPPack_C7E - Tome of Secrets Classes.user (line 401) - Thing 'cHelpPst' (dynamic tag) - Group 'PackHelper' not defined
File: COM_3PPPack_C7E - Tome of Secrets Classes.user (line 594) - Thing 'cHelpSwa' (dynamic tag) - Group 'PackHelper' not defined
File: COM_3PPPack_C7E - Tome of Secrets Classes.user (line 711) - Thing 'cHelpWaL' (dynamic tag) - Group 'PackHelper' not defined
File: COM_3PPPack_C7E - Tome of Secrets Classes.user (line 915) - Thing 'cHelpKnt' (dynamic tag) - Group 'PackHelper' not defined

As these aren't my files, I don't want to accidentally modify files that might break someone else' product.

Can anyone assist in what I need to do here?

psych777 May 19th, 2015 11:05 PM

the folder you are sourcing your files for sourcetree, you said you pulled a new file set down. what file set are you referring to?
i'm guessing you pulled down the 3pp pack. if it is what i think, in order for it to work, you need to copy in the basic pack files to that folder as well. shadow has a post in the user projects forum i think that describes it

ShadowChemosh May 20th, 2015 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quintain (Post 209233)
After creating a new development environment to work with sourcetree, I pulled a new file set down and am now getting the following errors:

The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

The following errors occurred:

File: COM_3PPPack_C7E - Tome of Secrets Classes.user (line 401) - Thing 'cHelpPst' (dynamic tag) - Group 'PackHelper' not defined
File: COM_3PPPack_C7E - Tome of Secrets Classes.user (line 594) - Thing 'cHelpSwa' (dynamic tag) - Group 'PackHelper' not defined
File: COM_3PPPack_C7E - Tome of Secrets Classes.user (line 711) - Thing 'cHelpWaL' (dynamic tag) - Group 'PackHelper' not defined
File: COM_3PPPack_C7E - Tome of Secrets Classes.user (line 915) - Thing 'cHelpKnt' (dynamic tag) - Group 'PackHelper' not defined

As these aren't my files, I don't want to accidentally modify files that might break someone else' product.

Can anyone assist in what I need to do here?

Pretty much as psych777 says. Everything is "built" upon the Basic Pack but we don't store the Basic Pack inside each Pack on GitHub. So you have to also setup a link to the Basic Pack and pull down its files. Then manually copy the "COM_" files from the Basic Pack to the 3PP Pack on your computer.

See THIS post should help. If you have any issues feel free to post in THIS thread instead as that is where we are keeping the talk for GitHub and stuff.