Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - d20 System (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Version 5.11 of the d20 System data files is now available! (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=59258)

Colen October 2nd, 2017 12:09 PM

Version 5.11 of the d20 System data files is now available!

Hi everyone,

A new d20 release is now available! Special thanks to ShadowChemosh, Kendall-DM, and Sendric for their work on this release!

Enhancements & Changes

• Spells E to Z have been updated with full details (ie Range, Target, Effect, Area, Focus Component, Material Component, and XP Cost) from the SRD. Special Thanks to Kendall-DM and Sendric for inputting all these spells!
• Spells that reference another spells details (ie Mass Bull's Strength references Bull's Strength) now includes the text from the referencing spell.
• Variant class "Paladin of Freedom" fully implemented.
• Variant class "Paladin of Slaughter" added.
• Variant class "Paladin of Tyranny" added.
• Special variant spell "Corrupt Weapon" added and is available to Blackguard, Paladin of Slaughter and Paladin of Tyranny.

Data File Authoring

• Updated the editor tab "Magic->Spell" to have a "Append Reference Information" that allows for including another spells text into another spell.
• Added a new tag group DescInfo.? that can be added to spells to allow for referencing the description text from another spell.
• All spellcasting classes that do not already have a sClass.? will now generate a sClass.? tag based on the unique id of the class automatically. This prevents the need of having to create custom sClass.? tags for each new class added to d20.
• All spellcasting classes create a sClassNot.? tag based on the unique id of the class automatically.
• Variant classes can be tagged with "Helper.VarSpells" to cause the auto generation of sClass.? and sClassNot.? tags based on the unique id of the variant class automatically. This allows for spells to be specifically setup only for a variant class.
• Updated the editor tab "Class->Variant Class" to have a "Variant Class Has Specific Spells?" option that causes the variant class to be tagged with "Helper.VarSpells".
• Added a new tag group sClassNot.? that can be added to spells to prevent a class from gaining access to the spell. In example the Paladin of Freedom does not gain several alignment based spells like Protection From Chaos. The Protection From Chaos spell contains the tag sClassNot.cvPalFree to prevent the variant class from gaining access to this spell.
• Variant classes push their sClass.? and sClassNot.? tags to the Class at First/10000. This causes classes to allow and disallow spells from the base class and the variant class. This is used for the Paladin of Freedom which gains access to some spells and loses access to other spells.

Horcoel October 2nd, 2017 12:39 PM

I Just tried to install package a few times but i am always having an error.(I uninstalled/reinstalled) Its about Players Handbook I. Now I am trying to return to old version

ShadowChemosh October 2nd, 2017 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Horcoel (Post 256764)
I Just tried to install package a few times but i am always having an error.(I uninstalled/reinstalled) Its about Players Handbook I. Now I am trying to return to old version

The official version of the community Pack is not out yet. You can use THIS beta version to be compatible in the mean time.

I am sure Sendric will have the official community release out very soon.

Horcoel October 2nd, 2017 02:14 PM

I tried now,had Thing Extension 'spMisead6'- thing 'spMisead6' not defined error.

Sendric October 2nd, 2017 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Horcoel (Post 256774)
I tried now,had Thing Extension 'spMisead6'- thing 'spMisead6' not defined error.

That appears as an Extend Thing in Oriental Adventures. You can delete that from the file in the editor (or a text editor) and it should compile.

In the meantime, I've uploaded a new package but I'm not seeing it appear as a new update. Not sure why, but if you see it you can download it.

Update: Nevermind. I figured out my problem. You can download the latest release. I will make an official post in the morning.

Horcoel October 2nd, 2017 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 256776)
That appears as an Extend Thing in Oriental Adventures. You can delete that from the file in the editor (or a text editor) and it should compile.

In the meantime, I've uploaded a new package but I'm not seeing it appear as a new update. Not sure why, but if you see it you can download it.

Update: Nevermind. I figured out my problem. You can download the latest release. I will make an official post in the morning.

Thank you,it helped ^^

Sendric October 3rd, 2017 03:55 AM

Big thanks to Shadow, Kendall and Colen for getting this out! I should now be able to start putting out community updates on a more frequent basis.

Kendall-DM October 4th, 2017 12:28 PM

Apologies for falling down on the last bits of spells. Things have happened in the first half of this year that kept me ridiculously busy and I was not able to contribute those. I should have had the courtesy to inform you guys, but it fell to the wayside with everything that was going on at the time. Just glad to see that it was picked up and completed! Thank you to everyone involved with that!

Sendric November 1st, 2017 04:47 AM

Receiving an error when I add the Samurai (OA) class variant to a portfolio. Not sure what it means or how to fix it:

Quote:

Invalid syntax for tag template
Location: 'eval' script for Component 'BaseVary' (Eval Script '#2') near line 58
Any help would be appreciated.

ShadowChemosh November 1st, 2017 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 258140)
Receiving an error when I add the Samurai (OA) class variant to a portfolio. Not sure what it means or how to fix it:

Invalid syntax for tag template
Location: 'eval' script for Component 'BaseVary' (Eval Script '#2') near line 58

Any help would be appreciated.

Will try and take a look tonight. Is the Samuari (OA) variant something in the current released community pack?

Sendric November 1st, 2017 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 258169)
Will try and take a look tonight. Is the Samuari (OA) variant something in the current released community pack?

Yes, it is. It's found in the file 3.0 - Oriental Adventures.

ShadowChemosh November 1st, 2017 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 258176)
Yes, it is. It's found in the file 3.0 - Oriental Adventures.

The issue appears to be related to having more than one skill set to be removed from the base class. The code appears to have been here for a long time and I only find like 3 variant classes that make use of it and all three are tossing the same error.

I am going to have to ask Colen a question and most likely fix this for the next release.

Do you know if this was working before?

Sendric November 2nd, 2017 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 258178)
The issue appears to be related to having more than one skill set to be removed from the base class. The code appears to have been here for a long time and I only find like 3 variant classes that make use of it and all three are tossing the same error.

I am going to have to ask Colen a question and most likely fix this for the next release.

Do you know if this was working before?

Sorry, I don't. I think Illyahr created it, so maybe he knows if it was working previously.

Illyahr November 2nd, 2017 09:52 AM

It had been. I only started getting that error with the last update. It worked fine before.

Kendall-DM November 2nd, 2017 10:00 AM

I've been going back through all my portfolios and re-assigning all my spells to use the new ones, and there is a strange anomaly.

I can't added Dispel Magic, Greater to any spell list. Not sure why I can't, but I'd appreciate if you could test as well and see if it is just my files.

Thanks!

Sendric November 2nd, 2017 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kendall-DM (Post 258194)
I've been going back through all my portfolios and re-assigning all my spells to use the new ones, and there is a strange anomaly.

I can't added Dispel Magic, Greater to any spell list. Not sure why I can't, but I'd appreciate if you could test as well and see if it is just my files.

Thanks!

I just created a sorcerer and was able to add Dispel Magic, Greater. Are you not seeing the spell, or getting an error when trying to add it?

Kendall-DM November 2nd, 2017 11:12 AM

I just do not see it. I'll have to see if I didn't do something to cause this, especially if you can see it. I was not able to see it on a wizard, cleric, and bard. I just made an assumption about the sorcerer, but after testing here it isn't showing up in my list. It has probably got something to do with my files. Stay tuned.

Kendall-DM November 2nd, 2017 12:24 PM

For some reason, it just isn't appearing in my files. Can't find a rhyme or reason for it though.

ShadowChemosh November 2nd, 2017 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kendall-DM (Post 258206)
For some reason, it just isn't appearing in my files. Can't find a rhyme or reason for it though.

Do you have a replace thing id vs this spell? Did you double check which tags are on the spell and made sure Helper.Obsolete is not on it?

Kendall-DM November 2nd, 2017 07:28 PM

Yes, I checked and double-checked. Something in my files is causing it, just have no clue what it might be.

This is not replaced or even fiddled with. This is the standard spell that is part of the Spells file, I have no version of it that I've made (in fact, I've deleted all my non-unique spells because of the new spells, since the only reason I was using them was to add the Area/Effect/Target to them). It's an interesting problem...

Kendall-DM November 2nd, 2017 07:38 PM

I think I've found it. It has an SRDDomain tag, which I think means I can only see it if I have the EXTRA Domains and Spells set up. I do not include the extra domains, I have a feeling your files are including them.

I made a copy of it and removed the SRDDomain tag and it started showing up. It is part of the SRD, but not the extra domains and spells that this tag indicates.

Thanks!

Darkbagel November 3rd, 2017 01:34 PM

Can't Add Cleric 3rd Level Domain Spell

Hello,

I was referred here by Lone Wolf Support, if this is not the best place, please let me know and I'd be happy to try a different spot.

I play D&D 3.5 using the d20 SRD 3.5 in Hero Lab. Yesterday I updated Hero Lab and the d20 3.5 rules to the latest version. Later in the evening, I was fortunate enough for my Cleric to level up from level 4 to level 5.

Hero Lab correctly tells me I must add a 3rd level domain spell.

However, it will not let me select one. When I go to add the domain spell, my only option is "Custom/Metamagic Spell", and if I select that option, it will not accept it since it is spell level 0. (and needs to be 3rd level.)

The best option would be for it to offer the correct spells for my domains (which are Creation and Artiface). Failing in that, a custom spell would be okay, if it let me enter the spell name and level -- but it does not.

I'm running on Mac OS, Hero Lab version 8.3.

Kendall-DM November 6th, 2017 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkbagel (Post 258252)
Hello,

I was referred here by Lone Wolf Support, if this is not the best place, please let me know and I'd be happy to try a different spot.

I play D&D 3.5 using the d20 SRD 3.5 in Hero Lab. Yesterday I updated Hero Lab and the d20 3.5 rules to the latest version. Later in the evening, I was fortunate enough for my Cleric to level up from level 4 to level 5.

However, it will not let me select one. When I go to add the domain spell, my only option is "Custom/Metamagic Spell", and if I select that option, it will not accept it since it is spell level 0. (and needs to be 3rd level.)

The best option would be for it to offer the correct spells for my domains (which are Creation and Artiface). Failing in that, a custom spell would be okay, if it let me enter the spell name and level -- but it does not.

Are you using a replaced Domain? If you are, you will have to go and re-add the domain spells to that Domain, I had to do the same for this reason, as I couldn't get anything to show until I did.

ShadowChemosh November 6th, 2017 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkbagel (Post 258252)
Hello,

Sorry I missed you posting this back on the 3rd. :(

Pretty much what Kendall-DM is asking is my same question. Do you have any custom content running? I made a change to the way Cleric Domains function in d20 to better support the future changes. But if you had used "Replaced Thing ID" on core domains then things don't display any spells.

If you have done a Replace Thing iD then open up your file in the editor. Go to the domain and setup the Spells associated to the domain. That will let you select spells again.

Sendric November 7th, 2017 03:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 258353)
Pretty much what Kendall-DM is asking is my same question. Do you have any custom content running? I made a change to the way Cleric Domains function in d20 to better support the future changes. But if you had used "Replaced Thing ID" on core domains then things don't display any spells.

If you have done a Replace Thing iD then open up your file in the editor. Go to the domain and setup the Spells associated to the domain. That will let you select spells again.

I looked into this on my system, and it appears the Artifice domain has no spells assigned to it. Neither does the core version of Creation (the version found in the Spell Compendium does). There may be others as well.

Kendall-DM November 7th, 2017 09:38 AM

Another thing of note. If you had spells that come with the standard d20 package, and you made portfolios before the new spells were put into place (no custom/replaced spells), none of those spells are showing up on my portfolios. I think this is by design, that they are keeping their originally assigned spells (the now obsolete ones) rather than the new spells (which should be superseding the obsolete ones). I'm having to go back through all my profiles and do replaces on all the spells just to get them into the new versions.

An FYI for everyone.

Sendric November 7th, 2017 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kendall-DM (Post 258378)
Another thing of note. If you had spells that come with the standard d20 package, and you made portfolios before the new spells were put into place (no custom/replaced spells), none of those spells are showing up on my portfolios. I think this is by design, that they are keeping their originally assigned spells (the now obsolete ones) rather than the new spells (which should be superseding the obsolete ones). I'm having to go back through all my profiles and do replaces on all the spells just to get them into the new versions.

An FYI for everyone.

Yes. The old spells will still be in the portfolio, but if you want the updated version of the spell, you'll need to remove the old spell and select the new one. Unfortunately, there's really no way for us to replace selected spells in old portfolios.

ShadowChemosh November 7th, 2017 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kendall-DM (Post 258378)

An FYI for everyone.

Yes this is exactly how Colen said to make d20 work.

This way old characters are still working and will continue to work. You only have to do this remove and re-add if you MUST have the full spell stats. Since you have been using the old character for years does it really hurt to have the old spells?

Kendall-DM November 7th, 2017 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 258383)
Yes this is exactly how Colen said to make d20 work.

This way old characters are still working and will continue to work. You only have to do this remove and re-add if you MUST have the full spell stats. Since you have been using the old character for years does it really hurt to have the old spells?

No issue, just pointing it out. I've got several years of portfolios to mow through and after 10 hours of this spell replacement, I'm just realizing the amount of work involved. I was just holding out hope for a more efficient solution. :)

Dark Lord Galen November 7th, 2017 06:41 PM

Ditto to that... would it be possible to use a find / replace outside the HL editor? or is there more to it than simple substitution of an old pathing for a new one??

Or is this even a more troublesome attempt fraught with potential error making .. hehe (thinking this is the answer, just hoping for a more time efficient approach)
:)

Darkbagel November 9th, 2017 02:43 PM

Quote:

No, I haven't done anything like that -- just running core rules. I don't even know how to change which spells are in a domain.

Sendric November 10th, 2017 05:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkbagel (Post 258459)
No, I haven't done anything like that -- just running core rules. I don't even know how to change which spells are in a domain.

Download the attached file and unzip. Copy both files into your data folder. If you don't have the community set, then you can ignore the Spell Compendium file.

Note that it appears core is missing the list of additional domains available in SRD. Some of those get replaced by the ones from the Spell Compendium, but there's a better way to handle that. I will put in some changes to the community set to address this issue.

Sendric November 14th, 2017 06:08 AM

The SRD domain Repose grants the spell Deathwatch which has the evil subtype. Clerics who take this domain are typically good, which would normally prevent them from casting this spell, but as it's a granted spell from their good-aligned deity, it seems as though they should be allowed to cast it.

ShadowChemosh November 14th, 2017 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 258587)
The SRD domain Repose grants the spell Deathwatch which has the evil subtype. Clerics who take this domain are typically good, which would normally prevent them from casting this spell, but as it's a granted spell from their good-aligned deity, it seems as though they should be allowed to cast it.

From everything I know about 3.5 rules even in Pathfinder a cleric can NOT cast a spell opposed to his deity.

From the official 3.5 FAQ 6/30/2008:
"For example, clerics and druids can’t cast spells of an alignment opposed to his or his deity’s (if he has one). A neutral good cleric of Moradin couldn’t cast spells with the Evil descriptor (because that’s opposed to both his and his deity’s alignment). Even though the cleric himself isn’t lawful, he also couldn’t cast spells with the Chaotic descriptor, because that’s opposed to Moradin’s alignment of lawful good."

Sendric November 14th, 2017 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 258594)
From everything I know about 3.5 rules even in Pathfinder a cleric can NOT cast a spell opposed to his deity.

From the official 3.5 FAQ 6/30/2008:
"For example, clerics and druids can’t cast spells of an alignment opposed to his or his deity’s (if he has one). A neutral good cleric of Moradin couldn’t cast spells with the Evil descriptor (because that’s opposed to both his and his deity’s alignment). Even though the cleric himself isn’t lawful, he also couldn’t cast spells with the Chaotic descriptor, because that’s opposed to Moradin’s alignment of lawful good."

Agreed. And yet, there's this:

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/divine/dom...m#reposeDomain

ShadowChemosh November 14th, 2017 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 258596)

Well touche! :D :p

Will add it to the to-do list.

Kendall-DM December 10th, 2017 06:56 PM

Found another mistake in the spells... that I more than likely made.

Hypnotism doesn't have sorcerer/wizard, it's only got bard. So that needs to be fixed.

My bad. :P

Sendric December 15th, 2017 05:14 AM

The procedure fTargetId only works if one Target tag is applied.

Code:

var id as string
    var name as string

~ if we have a single Target tag, use it as the id. If we have more,
    ~ something is wrong - we need to return a single id.
    if (tagcount[Target.?] = 1) then
      id = tagids[Target.?, "???"]
      id = replace(id, "Target.", "", 0)
      name = tagnames[Target.?]
    else
      id = field[fChosen].chosen.idstring
      name = field[fChosen].chosen.field[name].text
      endif

There are cases where the feat in question will have more than one Target tag applied (such as Favored Deity Weapon). In this case, the code to apply the tagids and names to the variables is skipped.

Note: This is likely intentional, but it's causing a bug with Favored Deity Weapon. Is there a way to do this with multiple Target tags?

To clarify, what Favored Deity Weapon really needs is a way to take multiple "Target.?" tags and apply them to the hero as "WepProf.?" tags. Is this possible?

Kendall-DM December 16th, 2017 07:24 PM

Arcane Sight (3rd Level) does not have a Target text of 'You'. Again, probably something I overlooked.

ShadowChemosh December 17th, 2017 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 260202)
The procedure fTargetId only works if one Target tag is applied.

Code:

var id as string
    var name as string

~ if we have a single Target tag, use it as the id. If we have more,
    ~ something is wrong - we need to return a single id.
    if (tagcount[Target.?] = 1) then
      id = tagids[Target.?, "???"]
      id = replace(id, "Target.", "", 0)
      name = tagnames[Target.?]
    else
      id = field[fChosen].chosen.idstring
      name = field[fChosen].chosen.field[name].text
      endif

There are cases where the feat in question will have more than one Target tag applied (such as Favored Deity Weapon). In this case, the code to apply the tagids and names to the variables is skipped.

Note: This is likely intentional, but it's causing a bug with Favored Deity Weapon. Is there a way to do this with multiple Target tags?

To clarify, what Favored Deity Weapon really needs is a way to take multiple "Target.?" tags and apply them to the hero as "WepProf.?" tags. Is this possible?

Correct its intentional as how could it target "two" different Things? :(

I need more info cause I can't find a "Favored Deity Weapon" ability and not sure I am following how/why the feat would be getting multiple tags?