Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Shadowrun (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   6th Edition (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=62523)

flux October 15th, 2019 07:18 PM

Since this thread has been idle since august, and there hasn't been a followup newsletter -- is there any word on SR6? I'm due to pick a system for the next campaign shortly, and access to this will affect whether or not SR6 is on the table for our group. :) Thanks!

Tekwych October 16th, 2019 01:17 PM

SR6 will not be offered in HLC. It will be available in HL Online but it will be late this year or early next year before it happens. If you want news on SE6 then watch the HLO forums, not these

Quatar October 20th, 2019 07:07 AM

So do I understand this correctly:

- For HLO I need to pay a monthly subscription fee
- I still need to buy the SR6 package
- I still need to buy all the supplement packages when they come out
- I need to be online to use it, the moment I don't have internet (at say a convention or in the basement) I can't use it anymore

I could get behind a subscription model if it gave me access to all the content, but if I have to buy the content seperately anyway, than that feels like you're charging me twice for the stuff.

Toblakai October 20th, 2019 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quatar (Post 283256)
So do I understand this correctly:

- For HLO I need to pay a monthly subscription fee
- I still need to buy the SR6 package
- I still need to buy all the supplement packages when they come out
- I need to be online to use it, the moment I don't have internet (at say a convention or in the basement) I can't use it anymore

I could get behind a subscription model if it gave me access to all the content, but if I have to buy the content seperately anyway, than that feels like you're charging me twice for the stuff.

It's not a subscription it is a server access fee of $2/month, and they haven't even started charging it yet.

Tekwych October 20th, 2019 11:06 AM

You’re tight Quatar, I don’t see any value in where HLO is going. If it were a service then maybe but Hero Lab is a product and I should be able to use anywhere I want without paying additional fees

Toblakai October 20th, 2019 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tekwych (Post 283261)
You’re tight Quatar, I don’t see any value in where HLO is going. If it were a service then maybe but Hero Lab is a product and I should be able to use anywhere I want without paying additional fees

Good luck with that.

Daedster November 14th, 2019 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toblakai (Post 279882)
So you don't subscribe to one of these online products then: Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, Apple Music, Spotify, etc, etc, etc... You would be the very rare one then.

Then I too am a rare one.

Toblakai November 14th, 2019 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daedster (Post 283750)
Then I too am a rare one.

I'm sure :rolleyes:

Michael Chandra November 27th, 2019 12:04 AM

HLO-release! *buys* Now to wait for a HLO forum to be created for Shadowrun.

BJ November 27th, 2019 09:28 AM

The forum is already live. :)