Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Army Builder (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   64 bit version for Mac (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=63235)

Tekwych September 23rd, 2019 05:05 PM

64 bit version for Mac

Is there going to be a 64 bit version for Mac? I’m still getting a warning when I launch the program

jtisdel October 11th, 2019 10:29 AM

Upgrading to the new MacOS will break AB as 32-bit support is dropped with this release. LFMF.

Caradryan October 14th, 2019 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtisdel (Post 283086)
Upgrading to the new MacOS will break AB as 32-bit support is dropped with this release. LFMF.

So? Is there any hope to wait a 64-bit version of AB?
Thanks

Tekwych October 15th, 2019 10:17 AM

Just got this answer:
Quote:

Hello,

I am sorry for the inconvenience, but right now we do not have a 64-bit version of this released or being worked on at this time. Army Builder as a product has not had development on it in many years, and while we have had discussions regarding revisiting it for a 64-bit update in the past few weeks, the leadership has not yet come to a consensus on if or when this update will happen.

For now, I am sorry to say, that our users will need to either retain at least 1 device using a 32-bit OS, or use a virtual machine emulator to run this software.

--
Ryan Furnas
Lone Wolf Development Support

jtisdel October 15th, 2019 06:29 PM

Yep - I got the same answer. If they won’t support it, I wonder if they would make the source code available?

Tekwych October 16th, 2019 01:14 PM

The windows version is still functioning. It’s just the Nac side that is broken. I hope they fix it though as I am not switching

jtisdel October 17th, 2019 03:24 PM

I agree - I won’t buy Windows just for AB.

Caradryan October 21st, 2019 08:00 AM

Mmm... okay, I will definitely switch on Battlescribe.

jlong05 October 21st, 2019 11:39 AM

It's kind of sad that it has been commonly known for over a year that 32bit support would be going away and this was never placed as a priority for the business. They updated the iOS version to 64bit when iOS11 released and they were forced to, why did they ignore the desktop client?

Toblakai October 21st, 2019 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlong05 (Post 283270)
It's kind of sad that it has been commonly known for over a year that 32bit support would be going away and this was never placed as a priority for the business. They updated the iOS version to 64bit when iOS11 released and they were forced to, why did they ignore the desktop client?

I imagine it is because of their current staffing reduction combined with an application that probably doesn't sell very well any more. If it took them 3 man months (~ $40k) to do, how long to recoup their costs?