Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Warhammer 40,000 (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Sixth Edition (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=21914)

usmc961 July 14th, 2012 06:26 AM

Sixth Edition

This may have been covered somewhere, I didn't see it though so could it be bumped up if it has been addressed? I was wondering if we had any estimate of a sixth edition version of army builder? I just renewed my subscription for three years for this :)

Thanks guys!

O&G'sRule July 22nd, 2012 02:41 PM

GW have pulled the plug on that Im afraid. no more gw updates allowed. Real shame as It was a superb system

fyrebyrd July 22nd, 2012 04:28 PM

Yup GW pulled the plug on the hosting website where we kept our files. However, It will still be released, when it is done. On our website...

O&G'sRule July 23rd, 2012 02:24 PM

So its still going to be updated?

DthShdw July 23rd, 2012 05:50 PM

Yes, it's still going to be updated. The only thing that is changed is the primary place that Army Builder is going to look for the datafiles when they get updated. They spent a few days going over this so people would know that it was going to be 'business as usual' for 99% of users. They just wanted to make sure that *if* there were any hiccups, even if only for a day or two, that they were upfront about the reasons and for transparency with the userbase.

fyrebyrd July 23rd, 2012 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O&G'sRule (Post 87192)
So its still going to be updated?

Yessir. ab40k6 will arise in due time. There are some LARGE changes that have to be done and are in progress. Bare with us!

jboweruk July 25th, 2012 03:24 PM

I wonder why GW are being so A&&ey about it. Oh yeah they just signed a massive deal with Apple so they can do much the same at a vastly over inflated price.

jlong05 July 26th, 2012 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jboweruk (Post 87300)
I wonder why GW are being so A&&ey about it. Oh yeah they just signed a massive deal with Apple so they can do much the same at a vastly over inflated price.

This is incorrect.

First the Digital codex is not an Army Builder.

Second, there is no 'contract' or 'deal' that is any different from any other publisher on iBooks.

Mr_Rose July 26th, 2012 06:48 AM

Why do people feel the need to invent conspiracies? Especially based on wild speculation that is easily controverted by simply looking at primary sources rather than what the last hysterical fool said he heard they contained?

jboweruk July 26th, 2012 02:25 PM

I didn't say the digital codex was an army builder, it's a lot of people's belief that it is a precursor to them doing one, and we all know when (not if) they do one it will be at a vastly over inflated price like every damn thing else they do now. I mean come on guys, they really need to charge 70 quid for something that a year ago cost 55?