Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Creating Configurables (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=53131)

FluffyDingo June 9th, 2015 01:43 PM

Creating Configurables

Back on this horse again after real life caused massive interruptions. Silly life. Anyways, I would like to make a configurable option, like Domains, so I can select a number of abilities to add to a character. Specifically, when you choose the Divine Source mythic ability, you should be able to select two domains, then for the second and third times, one domain and two subdomains. My problem here is that all the options under the Configurables tab in the editor are mostly blank, and I cannot find any config files in the hero lab files to reference. Is there anywhere that I can go to learn how to make these, or somewhere that the files are so I can reference them to learn?

AndrewD2 June 9th, 2015 03:21 PM

Well I'm going to guess that if Lone Wolf hasn't been able to implement Divine Source ability yet, you're going to have a difficult time and there will not be any examples.

You can put any candidate expression you want into the configurable tables, just like a selection expression for a chosen field.

FluffyDingo June 9th, 2015 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewD2 (Post 210492)
Well I'm going to guess that if Lone Wolf hasn't been able to implement Divine Source ability yet, you're going to have a difficult time and there will not be any examples.

You can put any candidate expression you want into the configurable tables, just like a selection expression for a chosen field.

In theory it shouldn't be that hard, I just don't know how to create a configurable. I need to know how to access similar examples, like what a cleric uses to select from a list of domains or when selecting a bloodline for the Eldritch Heritage feat.

FluffyDingo June 12th, 2015 02:55 PM

Attempting to bump this and hopefully get a reply. All I need to know is if there are instructions on how to make a configurable somewhere, if there is a sample file for a configurable, or if someone has one I could look at to figure it out. Please?

Aaron June 12th, 2015 03:05 PM

So the editor has a tab for creating configurables, could you give more detail about what you don't understand about that tab or it's options?

Aaron June 12th, 2015 03:09 PM

Ah, sorry, read further upthread. You're trying to make an ability we haven't yet implemented.

Aaron June 12th, 2015 03:13 PM

After re-reading the ability in question, I believe the issue with divine source is that configurables have a spell table, but they don't have spell slots which can be shared between multiple spells in that table. While you could add domains to one of the tables, detect which spells those domains grant, allow those spells to be added to the configurable spell table, and then make them SLAs and assign them 1/day uses, each would be independantly checked off on the spells tab.

FluffyDingo June 12th, 2015 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaron (Post 210699)
After re-reading the ability in question, I believe the issue with divine source is that configurables have a spell table, but they don't have spell slots which can be shared between multiple spells in that table. While you could add domains to one of the tables, detect which spells those domains grant, allow those spells to be added to the configurable spell table, and then make them SLAs and assign them 1/day uses, each would be independantly checked off on the spells tab.

That's how they are supposed to be, each spell the domain grants of spell level equal to or less than your tier can be used as a SLA 1/day. I just need to have it check how many times you've taken Divine Source, have a table of domains and one of subdomains, let you pick accordingly, and then check the spells they grant and add them to your character as 1/day SLAs.

FluffyDingo June 12th, 2015 03:36 PM

As for the editor having a config tab, yes, it does, but there is ZERO relevant information in the abilities that I pull up in that tab. There is nothing I can see that determines what they do, so I assume they reference files elsewhere. I could set divine source up like mortal herald, based on a list selection, but abilities can only display two lists apparently, not the three that subsequent selection of Divine Source need. Or a Headband of Vast Intelligence +6. Lost skill points right there.

Aaron June 12th, 2015 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FluffyDingo (Post 210700)
That's how they are supposed to be, each spell the domain grants of spell level equal to or less than your tier can be used as a SLA 1/day. I just need to have it check how many times you've taken Divine Source, have a table of domains and one of subdomains, let you pick accordingly, and then check the spells they grant and add them to your character as 1/day SLAs.

I don't believe that is correct. By my reading, if you have 3 domains, which grant you 3 different 1st level spells, you can cast any one of them once per day. You can't cast each of them once.