Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Making a feat that uses a different attribute (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=58027)

Sturmrider March 28th, 2017 07:47 AM

Making a feat that uses a different attribute

Hi,

I am both new to HeroLabs and the forum. I am attempting to recreate an old feat that uses Charisma for the will save. I am also new to XML haven't done any programming in years. So I am stumbling along. Here is what I have so far and I am getting an error message. It is in the syntax, any help will be appreciated.

hero.child[svWill].assign[SaveAbil.aCHA]

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Larry

Minous March 28th, 2017 11:52 AM

There is an Adjustment in the community pack that does that, Saving Throw Ability Score

ShadowChemosh March 28th, 2017 01:10 PM

The Pathfinder Community Pack adjustments are also great places to "copy" or borrow script logic. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sturmrider (Post 246976)
hero.child[svWill].assign[SaveAbil.aCHA]

So this is "really" close. But when doing stuff with "tags" (ie Delete, Assign, Push, Pull) you need to tell HL perform.

Code:

perform hero.child[svWill].assign[SaveAbil.aCHA]

Sturmrider March 28th, 2017 01:45 PM

Thank you for your help. I will tackle this along with the other things I am trying. Are the Community packs in the basic Pathfinder?

Thank you again for your help.

ShadowChemosh March 28th, 2017 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sturmrider (Post 247002)
Are the Community packs in the basic Pathfinder

Not 100% sure I am following the question sorry. The Community Pack are "extra" addons that you install. You have to do a one time setup for the community server URL. Then you can download and install from inside of HL. HL will also let you know if new versions of the community Pack comes out.

These are community created additions like adjustments or 3PP books like Ultimate Psionics or converted campaign worlds like Eberron.

Unlike the stuff you get from LW the community stuff can be fully seen using the editor.

Hope that helps...

Sturmrider March 28th, 2017 04:38 PM

I am definitely in the dark on how to set up Community packs. I clicked on the commuinty server setup and found the new url, but have no idea where to start. They seem to be saying everything has changed. I will try to plow thru this, but if you have a condensed step1 to whatever, that would be a great help.

Thank you for all the time you have taken with me.

Sturmrider March 28th, 2017 04:54 PM

I have entered the URL supposedly got the updates, but when I go to the find updates after restarting Hero Lab I do not find the “Lawful_g d20(vX.XX)” of any type in other words there is no Lawful to start. I must be missing something.

Silveras March 28th, 2017 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sturmrider (Post 247022)
I have entered the URL supposedly got the updates, but when I go to the find updates after restarting Hero Lab I do not find the “Lawful_g d20(vX.XX)” of any type in other words there is no Lawful to start. I must be missing something.

That's not the Pathfinder Community Pack at all.

Are you posting in the correct forum? d20 is not Pathfinder, and is for old 3.x material (which will NOT work in Pathfinder at all; the underlying setup is totally different).

Sturmrider March 28th, 2017 11:53 PM

I thought something was wrong. I thought u had followed the Pathfinder location and directions looks like I will have to go back.

Sturmrider March 29th, 2017 02:40 AM

Thank you for your help. Have solved that problem. Boy there is a lot of Community add ons. Are there any you suggest I don't use or should I just turn them all on. I am not familiar with most of it.