Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Realm Works Feature Requests (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   Collapsible Sections (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=52527)

meek75 March 17th, 2015 06:15 AM

Collapsible Sections

So, I have been entering some secret societies for a 7th sea game. Some of the societies have a lot of historical information and tidbits. The entry gets very long. It would be really great if I could collapse an entire section to hide the information when it is not being used. This feature would make many entries easier to use and find info during games.

Grey Mage March 17th, 2015 01:22 PM

Great minds and all of that...

Definitely a BIG +1 for this idea.

corycubbage March 17th, 2015 06:25 PM

+1, I have thought on this as well!

rob March 17th, 2015 07:20 PM

This is already supported. Look at the section name, then scan all the way to the far right. There is an up-arrow symbol that looks identical to the ones within the navigation and transitions panes on the left and right. Click the up-arrow and the section is collapsed. Click it again to expand.

Hope this helps!

AEIOU March 17th, 2015 07:29 PM

Yes you can collapse sections. But it isn't sticky between sessions. Having to close each item every time we open the program is...tedious.

rob March 17th, 2015 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AEIOU (Post 205938)
Yes you can collapse sections. But it isn't sticky between sessions. Having to close each item every time we open the program is...tedious.

That wasn't indicated anywhere in the original post, and the question actually sounded more like it was a temporary collapse that was wanted ("when not being used"). So RW already does what I believe the original poster asked for. However, it does NOT persist the collapsed state, as you point out.

meek75 March 18th, 2015 04:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rob (Post 205936)
This is already supported. Look at the section name, then scan all the way to the far right. There is an up-arrow symbol that looks identical to the ones within the navigation and transitions panes on the left and right. Click the up-arrow and the section is collapsed. Click it again to expand.

Hope this helps!

Awesome! I never noticed that feature. I love it when your prescience allows you to read my mind and have the features included before I even know I need them.

AEIOU March 18th, 2015 05:45 AM

@Rob - It sounds like some folks hadn't found that collapsing already works. I thought that collapsing topics was obvious so I was looking for what hasn't been implemented. I'll keep watching for persistence and multiple storyboards down the road.

And thanks for popping into the forums for a vacation evening to answer our queries. I hope it was relaxing.

McTaff March 21st, 2015 12:24 AM

I must also point out I have 150+ topics in approximately ten Container topics. The Almanac tree is big. I have to collapse it every time I load up the realm (annoying when you just ducked out for a sync).

Having the sections and trees remember their state would be a nice polish item for later, can someone please stick it on the fridge in your meal room as an action item for later?