Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Hero Lab Online Discussion (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   Feature Request - Logout all devices (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=63190)

anthony55b September 16th, 2019 12:29 AM

Feature Request - Logout all devices

Hi,

I would like to see a button in the account management to "Log out all devices"

I often find that I close a window on one of my mobile devices without logging out then when I got to use HLO on my PC I have to try and remember which device I was using last and try opening the site and logging out.

Itzi September 16th, 2019 10:03 AM

Hmmm...

I must be doing something wrong, then. I've never logged out of HLO and I access it on at least five different devices.

Whenever I log on with a different device it just informs me that it's logged me out of the previous device. I don't have to remember anything.

dacoobob September 16th, 2019 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Itzi (Post 282207)
Hmmm...

I must be doing something wrong, then. I've never logged out of HLO and I access it on at least five different devices.

Whenever I log on with a different device it just informs me that it's logged me out of the previous device. I don't have to remember anything.

Same. When I log in on a different device it automatically logs me out of any previous device. The only reason to log out manually is if you're using a public computer and don't want the next person to have access to your account.

wynlyndd September 16th, 2019 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dacoobob (Post 282208)
Same. When I log in on a different device it automatically logs me out of any previous device. The only reason to log out manually is if you're using a public computer and don't want the next person to have access to your account.

Me three

Lj Stephens September 17th, 2019 05:36 AM

Hi Anthony, the others are describing what should be happening with you. When you log in on one device, any previous device should automatically log out. If that's not what's happening with you, let us know and we'll see if we can't figure it out with you.

jma3974 September 15th, 2020 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lj Stephens (Post 282244)
Hi Anthony, the others are describing what should be happening with you. When you log in on one device, any previous device should automatically log out. If that's not what's happening with you, let us know and we'll see if we can't figure it out with you.

This seems like a bug to me. If I have access to 3 devices, logging me out of the previous device means that if I am jumping through devices (ie. one instance on my main computer for tracking a scene, one instance on a tablet to open full character details), I'm constantly being logged out of one of the devices. Either we should have a way to log out of a device to keep our number of devices to 3, or the device with oldest timestamp should be logged out.

Functionality as is, I only have access to one device.