Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Free Clothes (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=21782)

mbran01 June 27th, 2012 08:22 PM

Free Clothes

Is there a way to add to/change the free clothes list? It's a minor annoyance that I can't change what outfits are given for free.

Angela2013 June 27th, 2012 10:23 PM

Make a set of clothes that you wish to be free in the editor under Gear. Give it a name you can live with. Under the Gear Type option choose Free Clothing.

Angela2013 June 27th, 2012 10:29 PM

Ok, I just tried that myself and it didn't work. I even restarted the program and still nothing. Maybe there is another step that I am not seeing so don't listen to me.

Help Please

Sendric June 28th, 2012 05:08 AM

Here's what you can do. Go to the Gear tab in the editor, do New (Copy) and select Standard Clothing (gClothes). Give it a unique id. Enter the old tag (gClothes) into Replaces Thing Id. Scroll down to "Array-Based Menu?" and click the edit button. Enter whatever you want. In order to put these changes into effect, you will need to save then reload from the portfolio window (Test Now won't change your character). You can do that with CTRL+R assuming you have Data File Debugging Enabled (Develop menu).

(apologies if I over-explained things you already knew how to do)

Angela2013 June 28th, 2012 08:06 AM

Thanks. Looks like there is room for four more outfits (unless Lone Wolf increases the size of the array menu).

Kraupaul June 28th, 2012 08:17 AM

Let me assure you, for some of us, you can’t over explain the editor. Free Clothing is a little thing… but the fine details are part of what make Hero Lab so cool. I’d been trying to figure this out for weeks and was missing the “Replaces Thing Id”.

mbran01 June 28th, 2012 11:45 AM

That works, thanks a bunch. Just out of curiosity is there any way to remove the free clothing completely? I tried to hide gClothes, but it still appeared on the gear tab.

Kraupaul June 28th, 2012 12:23 PM

I was able to remove it using the preclude tab in editor.

Is it possible to add a second similar list or is it hardcoded?

ShadowChemosh June 28th, 2012 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kraupaul (Post 85807)
I was able to remove it using the preclude tab in editor.

Is it possible to add a second similar list or is it hardcoded?

You would create a Mechanic that would bootstrap your new clothes Thing.

So you can do most of what Sendric said above but don't do the "Replaces Thing ID". Go to the Mechanic tab and create a new one and bootstrap your new Cloths Thing to it. I would recommend attaching a Source to the Cloths thing the same as you used for the Preclude tab. This way the old one gets hidden and your new one will show up.

For this to be tested you need to do a CTRL-R to totally reload the data set. Once your into Mechanics and bootstraps I recommend just doing a Reload instead of "Test Now".

Kraupaul June 28th, 2012 08:53 PM

Wow! It really works. All you have to do is copy the Standard Clothing file on the gear tab, give it a new name & Id, and substitute your list in the array. Then go to Mechanics tab, open new blank, give it an id and insert the id from your new gear list in boortstrap…cool.