Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Hero Lab Discussion (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   NEW: Which games should Hero Lab support? (N-Z) (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=9080)

Colen August 24th, 2009 12:51 PM

NEW: Which games should Hero Lab support? (N-Z)

Since Hero Lab was released, we've added support for a number of much-requested games. Now it's time for another poll - which game do you think should be added next?

The poll here lists 10 games, whose names begin N-Z, that you can vote for. Please vote for all the games you would like to use Hero Lab with - if you want to vote for more than one, vote for as many as you want!

Games with names beginning A-M can be found here:

http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=9078

Please check this list as well, and vote for the games you'd like to see!

DMG August 24th, 2009 02:29 PM

I've put in my votes for Hunter & Mage...

Guess which games I play... :)

Now there's a thought...Werewolf isn't on the list. Does that mean it's next after Changeling?

texaspoet August 25th, 2009 09:50 AM

Wild Talents 2! and REIGN!

Alric August 25th, 2009 09:17 PM

How about systems that aren't on the list? Perhaps a list of systems you won't be doing so we can stop bugging you about them.

I would like to see

Mongoose's

Traveller (Standard, Judge Dredd, Hammer's Slammers, Strontium Dogs, etc)
Runquest (Standard, Elric, Hawkmoon, Lahnkmar, Slaine, etc)

rob August 26th, 2009 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMG (Post 32324)
I've put in my votes for Hunter & Mage...

Guess which games I play... :)

Now there's a thought...Werewolf isn't on the list. Does that mean it's next after Changeling?

From talking to White Wolf, they have indicated that they want us to do at least one of Mage, Hunter, or Geist before doing Werewolf. So this poll omits Werewolf because it won't be next. :-(

rob August 26th, 2009 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texaspoet (Post 32372)
Wild Talents 2! and REIGN!

I'm not familiar with these two games. Who publishes them? Where can I find out more?

rob August 26th, 2009 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alric (Post 32390)
How about systems that aren't on the list? Perhaps a list of systems you won't be doing so we can stop bugging you about them.

I would like to see

Mongoose's

Runquest (Standard, Elric, Hawkmoon, Lahnkmar, Slaine, etc)

These are another two games that we overlooked in putting together the list. Maybe we need to add a third poll with a bunch of stuff we forgot to include in the first two lists.

Sketchpad August 26th, 2009 05:39 AM

No Spycraft 2.0, huh? :(

rob August 26th, 2009 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sketchpad (Post 32416)
No Spycraft 2.0, huh? :(

See the other thread for this exact question.

Tashtego August 26th, 2009 04:07 PM

I'd be interested in either Castles & Crusades (a d20, rules light variant) or Trail of Cthulhu, based on the GUMSHOE engine by Pelgrane Press. (This could also cover other GUMSHOE games such as 'The Esoterrorists or Mutant City Blues.)

terrestrialboy August 27th, 2009 09:58 PM

Good lord, Shadowrun NEEDS a good character builder. The game is fun enough, but the character creation is such a chore that if I was running the game, I'd not want to kill off characters or NPCs just so I wouldn't have to run through the tax-audit of making a character again.

jgalak August 28th, 2009 07:10 AM

Shadowrun. Also, the old (pre-reboot) WoD.

jsmith54 August 31st, 2009 07:00 PM

The only thing stopping me from buying Hero Lab is the fact that you do not support Shadowrun or Scion. If you had either one of those I would buy it tonight. My first choice is Shadowrun btw since I am starting a campaign up this weekend.

whtknt September 3rd, 2009 11:56 AM

Of all the games you have listed, the only one that catches my eye is True20 (as it is the only other one I play regularly). Games that it would be useful to me to see supported include Mongoose's Traveller and Wizards of the Coast's Alternity (which is long out-of-print).

As far as Mongoose goes, they have already explicitly stated that there will not be a Hero Lab version of their Traveller rules, though I don't recall ever having seen a reason.

And for Rifts, all I can say is, good luck. Palladium is unbelievably paranoid about their intellectual property. Even if you can convince them to ease up a little, I can only imagine the problems inherent in setting up the data files for a game that doesn't even agree with itself on many points (ever looked up the same rule in different books?) and for which the classes become more and more ridiculously overpowered with every supplement that is released. Not to mention that the system itself is clunky and about as streamlined as a child's lunchbox.

texaspoet September 8th, 2009 03:56 AM

Wild Talents 2 and more!

Quote:

Originally Posted by rob (Post 32407)
I'm not familiar with these two games. Who publishes them? Where can I find out more?

http://www.arcdream.com/home.php

The amazing Greg Stolze's ORE engine powers Wild Talents 2, Kerberos Club, This Favored Land, Monsters and Other Childish Things, REIGN, Godlike, and more!

Texaspoet

Brinstead September 19th, 2009 06:44 PM

Something that .needs. a good character builder is Rolemaster - all the ones I've found online are outdated and buggy. Character Creation can take two or three sessions between all the charts and books..

fenriswolf September 21st, 2009 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsmith54 (Post 32580)
The only thing stopping me from buying Hero Lab is the fact that you do not support Shadowrun or Scion. If you had either one of those I would buy it tonight. My first choice is Shadowrun btw since I am starting a campaign up this weekend.

Same here. I'd buy it now if it supported Shadowrun.

SAbel November 29th, 2009 08:21 AM

Top Secret/SI (an old Classic from TSR)

Lawful_g November 29th, 2009 08:21 PM

I would like to see WoD:Mage

flyingcircus February 11th, 2010 10:29 AM

OMG we need a TRUE 20 system, forget Shadowrun ewww!

ozchandler March 15th, 2010 08:31 AM

i'd like to throw my hat in the mongoose wishful ring, more specifically traveller and rq2. i use herolab for pathfinder and cortex and it's a wonderful product!

dragonladytoo March 24th, 2010 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alric (Post 32390)

I would like to see

Mongoose's

This has my vote!!

Shadowchaser March 26th, 2010 06:17 PM

I would love to see DC Heroes, and Torg and/or Masterbook. I've been trying to teach myself the Authoring Kit, but it's slow going. I understand some of the concepts, but the examples in the wiki are a little hard for me to follow. I'm probably just dense. :)

Anyway, Torg, Masterbook, DC Heroes (or Blood of Heroes) would be games I'd like to see. Though, as they're all defunct, I doubt you'll be able to get licenses for 'em...

Argamae April 18th, 2010 07:06 PM

Well, everyone would love to see his favourite system supported. Unfortunately, most of my favourite systems are out of print which hardly qualifies them as valid candidates. But if I had any say in this, I would very much like to see ALTERNITY supported--together with it's most prominent settings, STAR*DRIVE and DARK°MATTER. TALISLANTA would be next on my wish list.

Also, I would like to see D20 MODERN added to the D20 System licence!

From the poll list I would love to see the D6 SYSTEM and UNISYSTEM getting a HL treatment.

Sketchpad April 28th, 2010 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argamae (Post 37772)
Well, everyone would love to see his favourite system supported. Unfortunately, most of my favourite systems are out of print which hardly qualifies them as valid candidates. But if I had any say in this, I would very much like to see ALTERNITY supported--together with it's most prominent settings, STAR*DRIVE and DARK°MATTER.

It's too bad that someone couldn't snag Alternity from WotC ... the system had some real potential for such a short lifespan.

Webwarlock June 1st, 2010 11:43 AM

I would love to see Unisystem myself.

I'd even be will to do the work to have it since I have all the Unisystem games.

Tim

VictorC June 2nd, 2010 03:50 PM

Shadowrun would be the one for me. But I would also get Hunter. I would caution against rifts as KS has a reputation as... well, you know.

ozchandler June 13th, 2010 08:34 PM

i'd also like to see d20 modern included :D

ChaosInc80 June 17th, 2010 10:18 PM

Voted on mage. Our current chronicle has mage antagonists and was disappointing that the support wasn't available yet. :(

Dragonstar July 19th, 2010 12:02 PM

Shadowrun and D20 Modern are high on my lists of "please, please, soon." :)

FifthWanderer July 20th, 2010 05:51 AM

Shadowrun is being worked on now.

jonbartels July 21st, 2010 04:01 AM

is it possible to reset the poll now that shadowrun has been started?

Bryangustaf July 23rd, 2010 01:50 PM

I think WoD: Geist & WoD: Inferno should be added to the poll in addition to Hunter & Mage.

ChaosInc80 August 9th, 2010 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonbartels (Post 41482)
is it possible to reset the poll now that shadowrun has been started?

I don't think it will matter if it's reset or not. Although I'm a strong supporter of Shadowrun over Exalted, by my count Exalted actually "won" the vote.

Yet Shadowrun is the next system.....

Can we get a little light on this decision? I'm not trying to start a flamefest, but we were given the appearance that the poll was a waste of time.

Duggan August 9th, 2010 09:32 AM

^_^ Not an employee, so this is not an official answer, but my understanding from other forum topics is that they started adapting Shadowrun years ago. Financial troubles with Catalyst Games has delayed actually releasing it. So I wouldn't be surprised if the Shadowrun release predates the poll's results, or even the poll itself.

flamepulse August 9th, 2010 02:05 PM

Shadowrun was i negotiations before the poll started. things have been delayed on it because of said financial troubles with catalyst.

I doubt the poll has any bearing on when things will be made, they are jsut using it as data to determine where to focus their efforts in getting deals made.

rob August 10th, 2010 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaosInc80 (Post 42395)
I don't think it will matter if it's reset or not. Although I'm a strong supporter of Shadowrun over Exalted, by my count Exalted actually "won" the vote.

Yet Shadowrun is the next system.....

Can we get a little light on this decision? I'm not trying to start a flamefest, but we were given the appearance that the poll was a waste of time.

As Duggan pointed out, the poll tells us where we should focus our efforts in talking to potential licensors. However, there are many additional factors that come into play when working out a license with someone. One obvious factor is the financial details. In the case of White Wolf, there are other factors involved. White Wolf is gearing up for some major announcements at their Grand Masquerade event next month. Sometimes, licensing and partnership announcements are timed to coincide with such events, and other times major announcements result in secondary licensing arrangements being put on hold until after the announcements. All I can say is that external factors are at work with respect to White Wolf, so please stay tuned (and patient).

MarkNorfolk August 14th, 2010 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadowchaser (Post 37162)
I would love to see DC Heroes, and Torg and/or Masterbook. I've been trying to teach myself the Authoring Kit, but it's slow going. I understand some of the concepts, but the examples in the wiki are a little hard for me to follow. I'm probably just dense. :)

Anyway, Torg, Masterbook, DC Heroes (or Blood of Heroes) would be games I'd like to see. Though, as they're all defunct, I doubt you'll be able to get licenses for 'em...

I'd love to see a Torg in Herolab. But its old, OOP and the shear number of options and crossover rules make it a challenge, but if they can do it for Shadowrun...... (no chance of that being 2nd edition I suppose).

Cheers
Mark

Spikey August 31st, 2010 02:27 PM

Scion would be a great help (but a huge undertaking). As a cross reference heavy system it could truly benefit from HeroLab's tracking during character creation and in play.

I'd also love to see an Eden studios / Unisystem support (even though that comment probbaly ought to go in the A-M section).

I'd also like to suggest heroLab support for the Old World of Darkness/storyteller system. It may be out of print but the generally accepted wisdom is that there are still far more people playing that than there are playing the New World of Darkness.

RedBeardSean September 2nd, 2010 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spikey (Post 43735)
Scion would be a great help (but a huge undertaking). As a cross reference heavy system it could truly benefit from HeroLab's tracking during character creation and in play.

I tried to get this together myself, but didn't get far before finding I simply haven't the skills. So, I'm still hoping that Exalted is next, with Scion piggy-backed for similarity (though I don't play Exalted).