Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Realm Works Feature Requests (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   Reveal Map via Pins (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=49201)

Zaphod Beebledoc May 2nd, 2014 05:43 AM

Reveal Map via Pins

It would be nice to be able to create a pin, then reveal an area of the map and link it to the pin.

Then the reveal status could be toggled.

Then large areas of the map could be revealed very quickly.

gloranphile May 2nd, 2014 09:01 AM

Oh, I like that concept! +1 to this.

mirtos May 2nd, 2014 09:12 AM

I like it too. +1

Vargr May 2nd, 2014 10:56 AM

+1 for this

zarlor May 2nd, 2014 12:33 PM

+1 here, too.

Gord May 2nd, 2014 03:40 PM

I like the concept of this but the trick will be matching the size of the map area (and what the visible scale is) to the pin. I suppose you could somehow just reveal a section and then have some way to pin that particular area but that sure seems complex to program. On the other hand, some of the stuff in RW also seems impossible to do to me so who knows what other miracles are possible.

+1

mirtos May 2nd, 2014 06:34 PM

i would think if you predefined the selection after selecting the pin (theres another thread about doing that with a polygon tool, then the database would simply have to have a list of the pixels revealed and tie it to a pin. the only problem with this, is this could end up being quite a large table. so maybe in this case, it would be limited to squares, or circles, something that can be easily programatically defined?

Zaphod Beebledoc May 2nd, 2014 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mirtos (Post 182338)
i would think if you predefined the selection after selecting the pin (theres another thread about doing that with a polygon tool, then the database would simply have to have a list of the pixels revealed and tie it to a pin.

I would think that's the easiest way of doing it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mirtos (Post 182338)
the only problem with this, is this could end up being quite a large table. so maybe in this case, it would be limited to squares, or circles, something that can be easily programatically defined?

I hadn't thought about the amount of data needed to remember this, but if, as you say mirtos, it was restricted to simple shapes, you could vastly reduce the data. Squares could be Start x,y to End x,y, and circles could be x,y Radius.

mirtos May 3rd, 2014 02:45 AM

Actually, I'm an idiot. When I wrote this, I was busy at work. Even complex polygons wouldnt be that bad.

A polygon of 13 lines has 13 end points, so its 13 x,y cordinates, with an order of the drawing, in whatever table, and then the reveal can be saved.

lifer4700 May 3rd, 2014 10:11 AM

+1

No wait...

+3!