Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Realm Works Feature Requests (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   Attach GM directions Below snippet (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=51697)

meek75 December 23rd, 2014 07:40 AM

Attach GM directions Below snippet

I don't remember seeing this before, but why can't I attach GM directions below a snippet rather than above it? There are times I would rather it be below. It seems like (to my very limited understanding) that it should be easy to have RW attach it to either place at the users direction. So, I know I missed the survey :) but thought I'd throw out the suggestion.

davidp December 23rd, 2014 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meek75 (Post 200169)
So, I know I missed the survey :) but thought I'd throw out the suggestion.

The survey is open until January 11, 2015:

http://www.wolflair.com/realmworks/2...urvey-is-live/

Exmortis December 23rd, 2014 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meek75 (Post 200169)
I don't remember seeing this before, but why can't I attach GM directions below a snippet rather than above it? There are times I would rather it be below. It seems like (to my very limited understanding) that it should be easy to have RW attach it to either place at the users direction. So, I know I missed the survey :) but thought I'd throw out the suggestion.

By attach do you mean "add a GM Snippet"? Because you can add any type of snippet above or below the snippet your clicking on in question. You can also change any snippet to GM Direction.

AEIOU December 23rd, 2014 10:32 AM

Ctrl-D creates a GM snippet above the current PC snippet and attached to it. I agree with OP that below would be nice too. I use these extensively so that chests and doors and tactics are attached to the things they describe.

Most modules put the text in a block on top of the GM text that it refers to.

I would strongly prefer GM text after PC text if it was an option.

Exmortis December 23rd, 2014 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AEIOU (Post 200180)
Ctrl-D creates a GM snippet above the current PC snippet and attached to it. I agree with OP that below would be nice too. I use these extensively so that chests and doors and tactics are attached to the things they describe.

Most modules put the text in a block on top of the GM text that it refers to.

I would strongly prefer GM text after PC text if it was an option.

AH yeah sorry, yes I agree that would be cool, I never even thought of that, obviously the OP is keener then I am.

jkthomsen9 January 1st, 2015 11:23 AM

I agree with this. I would like to be able to do both, but if I had to choose one over the other I would want it below, as that is the standard layout of most adventure paths.

Exmortis January 3rd, 2015 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkthomsen9 (Post 200646)
I agree with this. I would like to be able to do both, but if I had to choose one over the other I would want it below, as that is the standard layout of most adventure paths.

Actually having it either or both would be slick, as writer of my own material I like the GM snippet where it makes sense, is it info as GM I need to know before players enter/check door/listen? then it goes on top, if it is info for after you have done the above, then it would go after.

Being able to attach above, below or both would be sweet.

Gord January 7th, 2015 05:43 PM

Am I missing something here or are you? When you click to the right of a snippet (F9), go to "Add Snippet Above" or "Add Snippet Below" and you can choose "GM Directions" to create them. They are not attached to the snippet (as if you created "GM Directions" from the first menu so they might not be what you want but they seem to accomplish the same thing and can be moved on their own if you decide you need to do so.

jkthomsen9 January 7th, 2015 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gord (Post 201022)
Am I missing something here or are you? When you click to the right of a snippet (F9), go to "Add Snippet Above" or "Add Snippet Below" and you can choose "GM Directions" to create them. They are not attached to the snippet (as if you created "GM Directions" from the first menu so they might not be what you want but they seem to accomplish the same thing and can be moved on their own if you decide you need to do so.

If you hit Ctrl D you add a GM note to a snipit. It always adds above the snippet it modifies.

meek75 January 8th, 2015 04:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gord (Post 201022)

If you attach the GM note to a snippet the program will always keep them together. That way if you move one the other is automatically moved with it. You can add a GM not snippet below any other snippet, but they will not be tied together and can get accidentally separated when moving them. I often do place a GM not below a snippet and don't attach them, but it would be nice if I could. A minor thing, but nice none the less.