Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   How can I do that .... (Pathfinder) (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=13201)

tkarn June 8th, 2011 06:43 AM

How can I do that .... (Pathfinder)

I know how to apply a bonus to a single skill or all skills. But how can i apply a racial bonus to all craft skills?

Adam.Ormond June 8th, 2011 08:30 AM

I don't think there's a "Racial Bonus" type. I'm not really sure if those are tracked. I believe the code below will add a +2 bonus to all Craft Skills.
Code:

var value as number
value = 2
foreach pick in hero from BaseSkill where "CraftSkill.?"
  eachpick.field[Bonus] += value
nexteach

Mathias June 8th, 2011 08:50 AM

"CraftSkill.?" isn't unique to Craft skills - it's used to track what skills need tools and what skills have tools, and that mechanism isn't actually restricted to functioning only on craft skills - any skill in the game can be marked as needing tools, and you can create a piece of gear that functions as a tool for any skill.

What is unique to Craft skills is:

Code:

Helper.CraftSkill

So you'll want to use that in your foreach, after the where.

Also, don't forget the .value after [Bonus]

Frodie June 8th, 2011 09:13 AM

This is what I used in a Feat:

#applybonus[Bonus, hero.child[AllCraft], 1]

It gives a +1 to all Craft skills.

ShadowChemosh June 8th, 2011 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frodie (Post 56913)
#applybonus[Bonus, hero.child[AllCraft], 1]

Something to keep in mind with the #applybonus macro is that it only applies the value (ie 1) if it is higher than what is already in Bonus. So normally this works great when you have Named bonuses like Luck that are not meant to stack.

Normally unnamed bonuses are suppose to stack so its better to use
Code:

hero.child[AllCraft].field[Bonus].value += 1
as this way you will actually be adding to the existing value.

i.e. if I had +2 bonus to all craft skills and you used the #applybonus macro trying to apply another +1 for total of +3 you actually would end with a +2 as the macro won't stack same bonus types.

Also their is a AllSkills thing you can use:
Code:

hero.child[AllSkills].field[Bonus].value += 1
That would give a +1 bonus to all skills on a character without having to do a Foreach loop which is pretty CPU intensive to do.

Please correct me Mathias if I misspoke here. :)

tkarn June 8th, 2011 10:37 PM

Thank you...

tkarn June 23rd, 2011 09:28 AM

I have a incorporeal two headed monster. Each head has a beak and deals 1d6 wisdom damage as a natural attack. How can I add this?

tatteredking June 23rd, 2011 11:14 AM

figuring out how to do things in heroLab can be pretty easy if you think a little bit. What creature has similar abilities to what you are trying to do? A ghost is incororporeal, and with the draining touch, it's touch attacks drain points from abilities.

I don't have access to HL right now, so I can't tell you exactly how to do it, but I'm thinking it's going to be very similar to how the ghost's draining touch works.

tkarn June 23rd, 2011 12:04 PM

The damage is not the problem. I want to create the beak natural attack. I creted a beak waepon (natural) but it do not appear in the natural attack list.

tkarn June 23rd, 2011 12:20 PM

OK, I simply bootstrapped the weapon.