Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Realm Works Discussion (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Is it possible to share information across campaigns? (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=48747)

Barwickian March 29th, 2014 04:35 AM

Is it possible to share information across campaigns?

As subject.

Examples:

I'm running a Rise of the Runelords campaign. I can see putting quite a bit of Varisia and Golarion background whcih would be useful for running other Adventure Paths or my homemade freeform campaigns.

Or Traveller's Spinward Marches - I'd be using similar baseline info on the Third Imperium and the Marches for The Traveller Adventure and the Ancients series.

I don't want to have to input all the background, field by field, into multiple realms.

Is it possible to create a master realm to hold the common background of the gameworld, exporting the data into specific applications of that gameworld (ie, individual campaigns)?

Portilis March 29th, 2014 11:12 AM

From my understanding this is part of what will be offered eventually with the cloud service. You'll both be able to purchase RW versions of pre-written campaigns, and be able to have a content template you can drop into your realm with ease.

rob March 29th, 2014 03:51 PM

Once we get content sharing into place, you also be able to "share" content with yourself. At that point, you can create a master realm with lots of information in it and then "share" that realm to yourself as the foundation for new realms. That capability is not yet in place, and there's no way to "share" information across realms until we get that implemented later this year. But it's definitely coming. :)

Barwickian March 29th, 2014 08:28 PM

Thank you. I'll look forward to that feature. ;)

chava April 1st, 2014 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rob (Post 179017)
Once we get content sharing into place, you also be able to "share" content with yourself. At that point, you can create a master realm with lots of information in it and then "share" that realm to yourself as the foundation for new realms. That capability is not yet in place, and there's no way to "share" information across realms until we get that implemented later this year. But it's definitely coming. :)

Want so so much!

Glad to hear it will be that 'easy' :)

lifer4700 April 2nd, 2014 04:25 AM

+1

Extra characters added to comply with forum rules

Perverseness April 2nd, 2014 10:18 AM

SO need this for World of darkness. Doing WoD setups for real places for mixed campaigns is tons of data entry. The greater Houston Area has 6mil people and by my count about 6k of them should be some form of non-mundane. Even just dropping that many place holders is rough