Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Warhammer 40,000 (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   New Astra Militarum and Storm Trooper dex (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=49126)

ErikVegas April 25th, 2014 04:01 PM

New Astra Militarum and Storm Trooper dex

Does anyone know when the data files with these two upgrades will be complete? My hands are cramping from writing out army lists.

Erik

Madwilly April 30th, 2014 05:00 PM

I too am interested if anybody is working on this!

jboweruk May 10th, 2014 01:39 PM

Give them time, they are volunteers so have work and family lives to get in the way. :) It will be done when it's done. Use Battlescribe for now; better than pen and paper if not as good as AB.

coldhoodie May 16th, 2014 06:42 AM

OK, how do I sign on to get this completed? Excel spreadsheets and paper are pissing me off

cryptoknight May 23rd, 2014 06:56 AM

I don't know... I'll bet they're relaxing right now waiting to see what the 7th ed rulebook has in it on Saturday. There's probably going to be a ton of changes to adjust everything that references pages in the main rulebook to push out as well.

Of course those page numbers aren't awesome for me.... I buy the mobi format of the rulebooks... not the paper one... so page 71 is not the same thing for me... if I'm reading portrait or landscape at the time... lol

fyrebyrd May 24th, 2014 04:21 AM

I can give you all an update on MT and AM. They are in progress, with our new maintainer!!! As soon as the coding is complete I will Test quickly and get this to you all as soon as humanly possible.

On a side note about 7th, It will be addressed with due diligence in time.

:)

coldhoodie June 1st, 2014 08:20 PM

Thanks for the update fyrebyrd, I'm looking forward to it!!

rendus June 14th, 2014 05:58 PM

Any ETA on this?

hastybear June 14th, 2014 10:48 PM

I appreciate the concept of due diligence and I appreciate the fact that the the data monkeys are volunteers. I also appreciate the fact that they are doing something I do not have the skills to do (I looked, I didn't get past the first explanatory note on how to create a codex file thingy).

My concern is that Wolfair doesn't seem to have any oversight on this at all. Otherwise where are the messages explain the delay? An apology? Nope.

Oh look! A WFRPs wood elves update! hold on, didn't that come out AFTER Astra Militarum? I wonder how long the Ork update will take? As long?

Yes I KNOW they are volunteers! And all working on different systems. But you know what? I'm a paying customer. I can't help thinking that should come first when it comes to Wolfairs 'due diligence'.

jlong05 June 15th, 2014 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hastybear (Post 185574)
I appreciate the concept of due diligence and I appreciate the fact that the the data monkeys are volunteers. I also appreciate the fact that they are doing something I do not have the skills to do (I looked, I didn't get past the first explanatory note on how to create a codex file thingy).

My concern is that Wolfair doesn't seem to have any oversight on this at all. Otherwise where are the messages explain the delay? An apology? Nope.

Oh look! A WFRPs wood elves update! hold on, didn't that come out AFTER Astra Militarum? I wonder how long the Ork update will take? As long?

Yes I KNOW they are volunteers! And all working on different systems. But you know what? I'm a paying customer. I can't help thinking that should come first when it comes to Wolfairs 'due diligence'.

OK. Maybe its time for some re-education.

First: Wolflair has NO input on the datafiles AT ALL. They cant. They would be sued by Games Workshop and other companies. I know this because it has in fact been tried on several occasions by GW. Wolflair is not sue-able because they DO NOT work on the files and have ultimately no say in the files being created.

Second: It really is irrelevant what other datafiles gets updates versus when 40k gets updates. They people working on these projects are different, the file complexity is substantially different, and the timelines to complete work are different.

Third: As you indicated, the people working on this are volunteers. They means, unpaid, do it in my spare time, when I want to, if I want to. You are always more than welcome to open up the ABCreator app and dive in to make the updates you feel necessary. Oh wait, that is right, you said you tried and discovered that the skill set is higher than you anticipated. If that is the case, you will just have to accept that the files will be done, sometime in the future. Going online here and complaining isn't making it occur any faster because now we waste time re-explaining these same key points to you and others regularly.