Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Realm Works Feature Requests (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   Scope Tags -- en mass (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=49282)

meek75 May 8th, 2014 05:58 PM

Scope Tags -- en mass

So, the new Tips and Tricks document turned me on to the proper use of scope tags for sorting data. I love the idea of being able to move from location to location and use the scope filter to see only stuff related to the given village or adventure or whatever. However, I have already enters A LOT of data and going back and manually assigning the scope tags is very labor intensive. In an ideal world I would have created the tags when I first created the entries. That would have been easy with the auto assign feature, but let's be honest, it's a pipe dream. I'm ALWAYS going to think of things after the fact I want to add to a batch of entries. There needs to be a way to assign the same tags to multiple entries and then have RW auto save each entry it added the tag to.

In a similar way I find moving stuff from one almanac to another to be too labor heavy. If I have an adventure prepared in the world almanac and want to move it to the story almanac I had to move each group of entries one at a time. I know I can move a topic and all the entries under it together and a well organized realm will be easier to deal with, but again, a bit of a pipe dream I'm afraid. I often don't organize things perfectly at the start. Being able to select and move batches would be very nice. If this can be done already I don't know how.

MaxSupernova May 8th, 2014 06:24 PM

+1 to any implementation of bulk actions on objects. Multiple selection and actions on all selected objects would be great.

Acenoid May 14th, 2014 11:54 AM

+1 on any implementation that supports bulk operations. Realm works is like an editor the tools should be as flexible as possible.

FreeBooter May 14th, 2014 03:57 PM

+1 to this.
There are lots of instances where one might want to update many topics in the same way at the same time. For example, it would be very useful to be able to apply a scope tag to "one topic and all its child topics", or "one topic and all topics it directly links to".

bgrimm May 15th, 2014 03:57 AM

+1 to this

Gord May 18th, 2014 08:38 AM

+1 to this. Not just for scopes but bulk changes in general. Using filters to narrow down the changes would be a nice addition too.

Vargr May 18th, 2014 12:45 PM

+1 for this.

AEIOU October 2nd, 2014 08:11 PM

+1 please

Dark Lord Galen October 2nd, 2014 08:32 PM

+1 to this

kate October 4th, 2014 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreeBooter (Post 183221)
There are lots of instances where one might want to update many topics in the same way at the same time. For example, it would be very useful to be able to apply a scope tag to "one topic and all its child topics", or "one topic and all topics it directly links to".

+1 to OP and also this. Being able to move child topics to world almanac is handy, I'd love to be able to do that with tags