Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - User Projects (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Gamma World anyone? (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=59057)

TomSolo August 26th, 2017 09:45 PM

Gamma World anyone?

So I want to use a Gamma World version of Hero Lab. I found a fairly accurate pdf someone made online on how to use Savage Worlds as a starting point, and then add Gamma World aspects. It is pretty comprehensive.

So, I would like to use the authoring kit and make a Gamma World version of Savage Worlds on Hero Lab, but I was wondering if anyone else has made a Gamma World Hero Lab. I certainly don't mind going through the effort, but would rather not if someone has already worked on this.

Has anyone seen anything like this?

Dami August 29th, 2017 04:25 AM

I have a d20 Gamma World using the Pathfinder system. It's fairly complete, but I haven't coded weapons yet, or done all the detail for Prestige Classes.
I'm happy to share it (and the rule system its based on) if you are interested.

TomSolo August 30th, 2017 07:53 PM

Thanks so much for your reply and your offer. At this time though, I am not interested in the d20 system right now. Good on for taking the time to make it, though.

What edition of Gamma World did you use as your base? I am probably going to base mine off of the 4th edition, but it will only be very loosely based on this edition. I'm kind of going with my own version of what I think a Savage Worlds version of Gamma World would be like.

Dami August 31st, 2017 03:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomSolo (Post 255126)
What edition of Gamma World did you use as your base? I am probably going to base mine off of the 4th edition, but it will only be very loosely based on this edition. I'm kind of going with my own version of what I think a Savage Worlds version of Gamma World would be like.

The bulk of my system is based on 4th edition for mutations, races/genotypes, creatures and equipment. I've utilised classes (and prestige classes) from 6th edition, with a little influence from d20 Modern (some equipment and mutations).

TomSolo September 1st, 2017 01:00 PM

I am also going to be using the 4th edition mutations, but limit the number for each character for the campaign I am going to run. 5 mutations at the start seems excessive. I am the type of GM though that if a player can come up with a reasonable backstory and explanation for a character's attributes, abilities and such, then I will probably allow it, as long as the character is balanced. And I will not have classes at all in this.

I have an idea for an npc that is a mutant plant. The character is a corsage worn by a mayor of a town who like to dress very proper. The corsage is actually controlling the mayor, who is a puppet and has been for years. The town is unaware that their town is really being run by an inanimate flower with powerful mental mutations.

Also, I'm probably going to be changing a lot about Gamma World, at least tech-wise. The advanced tech will be few and far between, and will probably only be found items. Robots will be a fairly rare thing, as well as power armor and such. In some areas, they may have an almost myth-like status.