Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Realm Works Feature Requests (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   Tables that can be sorted and filtered (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=61576)

daudvyd November 15th, 2018 01:13 AM

Tables that can be sorted and filtered

It would be useful to have tables that can be sorted, e.g. alphabetically. It would also be useful to have tables that can be filtered.

Merion November 15th, 2018 01:29 AM

+1 would be useful!

If a dice roller is ever included it would also be nice to be able to roll on encounter tables and such.

Greebo November 15th, 2018 01:40 AM

+1

Not on my personal list of priorities, but it still sounds quite useful.

kbs666 November 15th, 2018 11:31 AM

I'm more than a little rusty on HTML tables, can they be sorted directly without resorting to javascript or some other trickery that isn't available in RW?

Merion November 15th, 2018 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbs666 (Post 272736)
I'm more than a little rusty on HTML tables, can they be sorted directly without resorting to javascript or some other trickery that isn't available in RW?

What makes you think Javascript does not work in RW? The afore mentioned button for rolling on encounter tables uses a simple js script to pull a random number from an array.

It's been a few years since I cobbled that together, but if I recall correctly, RW uses a rather antique interpreter, so anything fancy probably won't work, but sorting is quite basic, so chances are good.

kbs666 November 15th, 2018 02:27 PM

Really, I just assumed that the JS interpreter got left out. Now that you mention though I do remember fooling around with the dice roller thing and it was definitely some pretty basic javascript.

I just wish this was better documented. Knowing which version of this stuff we were working with would tell us precisely what we could and couldn't do.

Parody November 15th, 2018 03:36 PM

If nothing has changed from a couple of years ago, it uses Internet Explorer and defaults to acting like IE 7. You can use a meta tag to have it act like the latest version of IE instead.

kbs666 November 15th, 2018 03:39 PM

I doubt giving it a meta tag will actually change the javascript version or which html tags it understands.

Parody November 15th, 2018 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbs666 (Post 272747)
I doubt giving it a meta tag will actually change the javascript version or which html tags it understands.

In normal Internet Explorer it changes the emulated bugs and missing features, which can indeed make it error or act differently on things that aren't supported in a specific version of IE. (IE 11 Migration Guide.)

It may not do anything in Realm Works (==the .NET WinForms WebBrowser control?), though; RW still reports as IE 7 even though my Dice Roller asks for "IE=edge". Thankfully I'm not trying to do anything fancy with CSS or JavaScript.

You should be able to sort tables with what's there.

ruhar April 20th, 2019 10:37 PM

+1
I'm trying to incorporate Syrinscape into my games, so I'm using the ability to use links. I thought I could make a table with the linked sounds I would use the most, and when I add more, I can sort them alphabetically. Unfortunately, I discovered this wouldn't work, so I agree 100% that we need to be able to sort.