Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Savage Worlds (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Hero Lab Savage Setting Index (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=47707)

zarlor April 1st, 2014 01:07 PM

Dartnet: It might help if you include in your update notifications what it was that was updated. I forget too easily what was there before and what's been updated since. :/

Nostromos: Which files are missing creatures? All of the ones I've done should have them.

Nostromos April 1st, 2014 01:49 PM

I'm looking for them in the Hellfrost one. I may have an older file that doesn't have the creatures in it though. I also know CapedCrusader is pretty busy so he may not have gotten them added in yet.

zarlor April 1st, 2014 02:14 PM

Ah, yeah, that's one of of CapedCrusader's and he is pretty busy right now, that's for sure. You can try to PM him for his latest copy, but I'm pretty sure I have the latest and I don't see any creatures in that one, either.

Nostromos April 1st, 2014 02:26 PM

Kinda what i figured. I got one from him back in December/January I think so its probably the most updated. Might try to get some creatures added into it when I have the time (when I'm not adding campaign things into Realm Works and making maps).

Quick question for you though, when you've added them for your settings files, have you created custom creature types or just use the generics and tweak them? IE...dragon..do you create one for each type or just use dragon and somehow tweak it to different stats?

zarlor April 1st, 2014 02:56 PM

Depends on if there is something like what I need to add. So when doing Hydras for Weird Wars Rome, for example, I probably used a Hydra or Dragon or something just to give me something to work from. Other things I create from scratch, but I think most of the time I copy something, even if it's the monster I just created, just because I find it easier to work from a template, so to speak. It does mean I have to make sure and clean up the things I don't change, though.

Aardvark892 April 15th, 2014 03:08 PM

Please forgive a newbie to this forum with a question. I see that the Savage Worlds license is available for 20 bucks, and that the three separate companions are also available either alone or as a pack. What I don't understand is how I get the data to use for all the settings listed in this first post. Do these come with the basic Savage Worlds package, or are they all separate purchases. If so, where do I find them to purchase?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Tim

zarlor April 15th, 2014 03:45 PM

All of the settings in that post, except for the Companions, are available for free. The "Official" ones show up in the updater for Hero Lab and while you could technically download them without purchasing Savage Worlds they won't really work without having that. The "Unofficial" and "Fan Conversion" ones are available by sending a PM to the listed data author.

EricaOdd April 23rd, 2014 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harliquinn (Post 175108)
Is there an ETA on the Rippers Companion?

Quote:

Originally Posted by dartnet (Post 175115)
April/May at the latest. Got a few data files that I want to finish first.

*Eagerly awaits the RC files, rubbing her hands together greedily...* :D

dartnet April 26th, 2014 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EricaOdd (Post 181435)
*Eagerly awaits the RC files, rubbing her hands together greedily...* :D

Quick update. Accursed is done! Just sent it off the the creators to see if they want it as ab official setting or not. Rippers is 90% done and should be out some time in May.

EricaOdd April 26th, 2014 07:10 AM

Awesome, thanks!