Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Realm Works Feature Requests (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   Ideas on Individual Character Reveal (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=51571)

weogarth January 2nd, 2015 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AEIOU (Post 200717)
I'm certainly not a database person, but the limit may be much less than we think it should be due to the number of links and interlinks possible. And with each edit those links can change. LWD does a nice job of making the data accessible and easy to understand. But I would imagine there's a lot of sorcery happening behind the scenes....

Yup, I totally expect that, that's why I asked.

I also bet that when Rob reads the rest of your post, he will be shaking his head and adding more notes to whatever project planning system they use for that feature as you raised some very salient points.

AEIOU January 2nd, 2015 08:14 PM

I'd be dangerous on the beta team. :) But I also suspect I'm probably stating what the LWD team has already been planning for more often than not. They're smart cookies.

weogarth January 3rd, 2015 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AEIOU (Post 200730)
They're smart cookies.

Totally agree; but smart or not, the Kickstarters and other end users have already found a number of things (bugs, techniques, etc) that the beta team didn't and we've also asked for things that hadn't been considered. It's just the nature of the beast; the more peeps that do things, the bigger the variety of the 'how'. :D

Vargr January 4th, 2015 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AEIOU (Post 200717)
And I'm idly wondering how I want to handle amnesia or mind wipes or memory manipulation.

One way of doing this which is already available is GM directions. Simply note, that this was known prior to the episode we do not talk about and it is no longer remembered.
After that you could "un-reveal" the information, so that it disappears from the players' view and you will know, why it isn't revealed anymore.

Vargr January 4th, 2015 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zogg (Post 199209)
I got bored and started playing around with how I'd like to see the individual character reveal handled and thought I'd share my ideas.

I really like this approach and the suggested UI looks like very useful and like something I could easily work with.

+1

AEIOU January 4th, 2015 08:48 PM

When individual reveals are implemented, could a tag automatically be created for each character that knows the topic so we can sort on them and identify the specific information known by each character? :)

weogarth January 5th, 2015 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AEIOU (Post 200823)
When individual reveals are implemented, could a tag automatically be created for each character that knows the topic so we can sort on them and identify the specific information known by each character? :)

OMG - Yes pls :)

Parody January 5th, 2015 06:38 AM

I think it's more likely that "Enter Player Mode" will have a way for you to select Everyone or a specific character.

weogarth January 5th, 2015 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Parody (Post 200836)
I think it's more likely that "Enter Player Mode" will have a way for you to select Everyone or a specific character.

Sorry, more likely than what specifically?

Parody January 5th, 2015 09:54 AM

Than choosing to put a Tag on everything. Tags have UI requirements and limitations that the developers may not want to fulfill; they clog up the Tags section of the Transitions Pane, you have to write exceptions for things revealed to the whole party, and other things I'm sure I don't know about their implementation.

The Player mechanisms will have to be updated anyway to support individual reveal; piggybacking on that seems easier to me than adding an entirely new Tag system.