Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Realm Works Feature Requests (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   Feedback Notes (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=50414)

Viking2054 August 21st, 2014 02:15 AM

Feedback Notes

I blame LadyofDragons for suggesting this become a feature request. :) Since I was the one that suggested it in another thread, here it is.

Once the Repository is up and running and we are able to allow other people to look at, purchase, download or whatever our unique work it would be nice if we could allow others to send us feedback and notes. This feedback, notes, suggestions or what have you should be assignable to the whole project or individual parts of a project. The project owner should be able to turn on/off this feature.

This could have a few benefits once the Repository and sharing is made possible:

First, corrections could be suggested (possibly with references) and the originator of the content can decide if those corrections are warranted.

Second, this could facilitate group projects where one person is responsible for maintaining the project but the co-creators of the content can post feedback and notes that the others in the group can review and discuss. Once the group reaches consensus the person that created the project could then implement the changes and remove notes as needed.

Maidhc O Casain August 21st, 2014 02:36 AM

+1 for this - Great idea!

Dark Lord Galen August 21st, 2014 08:19 AM

+1 Viking.....
and you cant blame anyone else when you "voluntold" the forum about it....:cool::D

Ladyofdragons August 21st, 2014 08:32 AM

+1 again. It's an interesting way of possibly resolving multiple feature gaps.

EightBitz August 21st, 2014 08:41 AM

Another +1

mirtos August 21st, 2014 09:23 AM

Agreed: +1

Grey Mage August 21st, 2014 10:12 AM

I also give this a +1.

Ladyofdragons September 11th, 2014 03:52 PM

While I gave this a +1 already, I have to say now that I'm playing with being the recipient of a realm via the player version this is rather important. There's currently no way to provide context-sensitive feedback of what you're reading to the GM, which is going to be an issue. I'm cool with not being able to edit the realm, I just need to provide context-sensitive notes to the GM so that he can fix issues and maybe add content I suggest.

Dark Lord Galen September 11th, 2014 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ladyofdragons (Post 192764)
........................... I'm cool with not being able to edit the realm, I just need to provide context-sensitive notes to the GM so that he can fix issues and maybe add content I suggest.

+1 to the Lady...

This also further enforces the need for a separate posting category(s) to capture what will surely be a growing number of discussions, feedback, and feature requests for the Player version of RW.....

IMHO
DLG

Gord September 13th, 2014 08:54 AM

+1 to this. It would make spotting and correcting simple/major errors so much easier. Many eyes/hands etc.

ruhar September 15th, 2014 05:05 PM

+1 also

Troedel September 17th, 2014 10:47 AM

Great idea. I love discussion pages in wikis. +1

Viking2054 October 11th, 2014 04:13 PM

If we are bumping things for Rob to consider for his survey, then consider this bumped.

rob October 11th, 2014 11:47 PM

There's NO need to bump anything. Unless a thread has lain dormant for well over a year, I've gone through and noted it. :)

Hyos January 18th, 2015 05:52 AM

+1 to this

If possible as a second step, maybe even allow a note to be a snippet that the GM can ADD to the realm, as merging would be a technical challenge.

Vargr January 27th, 2015 08:13 PM

+1 I will add

mazzy July 5th, 2016 06:22 AM

Just recently purchased Realm Works so I'm a little late to the party ;) Still learning the ropes, but it is a fantastic program that hopefully will grow with the community and its needs. Feedback and communication are integral to my GM style so this definitely gets a +1 from me, +infinity if I could!