Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Realm Works Feature Requests (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   Upload/create new calendar. (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=59750)

Maoisai December 12th, 2017 06:15 AM

Upload/create new calendar.

Hi,

A feature I really wish to see implanted is the possibility to import or create your own calendar as for reason not all setting are played on earth with 12 month.

I really like the timeline feature but as it is now... the feature is inconvenient to use in a setting like blade in the dark where month, week and year are not configured the same way.

Thank you for your time.
Have a nice day.
Mao

kbs666 December 12th, 2017 10:22 AM

Carefully backs away custom calendar thread.

Vargr December 12th, 2017 12:07 PM

:-)

Custom calendars are planned.

They are not yet in a state where they are useable. (This is my understanding.)

One day they will be ready - we are many that hope that day will occur sooner than later.

Until then we patiently wait and use all the other great features in RW.

Dark Lord Galen December 12th, 2017 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbs666 (Post 260088)
Carefully backs away custom calendar thread.

LOL thats funny.....:D

Greebo December 12th, 2017 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vargr (Post 260092)
:-)

Custom calendars are planned.

They are not yet in a state where they are useable. (This is my understanding.)

One day they will be ready - we are many that hope that day will occur sooner than later.

Until then we patiently wait and use all the other great features in RW.

What Vargr said, only a bit less patiently. :)

So, a +1 to the feature request from me.

And, since I am not sure, whether BJ posted this information here or in the Facebook group: As far as I understood her, the custom calendar feature needs about one month of additional work by one developer before it can be used by us. And she hopes that this can be allocated once the content market is implemented.

Vargr December 13th, 2017 06:00 AM

Not to douse any hopes the above post might cause, but I believe it will take a "bit" more than one month's work by one developer.

I believe the kickstarters (kickstartees??) had an early version of custom calendars at the very beginning but it still needed a lot of work to be really useable. If it would "only" take one guy (or guyine) one month to finish they would have done so ages ago - what a bone to throw to the wolves, eh? :-)

I really, really hope that you are right and that I am wrong!

Acenoid December 13th, 2017 04:28 PM

or ... aliens from another dimension have infiltrated LWD and are preventing the release due to the potential cosmic-interferences it would cause.

not needing the calenders myself but since it's a long promised feature I'll give +1 points :)