Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed. (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Skaven Bugs (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=11038)

wildcardukfra August 16th, 2010 06:30 PM

Skaven Bugs

Hi

Sorry to mention this but I've just noticed a bug with the Skaven.

When creating a 2,000pts list I have Lord Skrolk as my General and 4 Units of 30 Plague monks all with full command which are now core not special because of Skrolk's ability to make Plague Monks a core choise, the option to select them into the army moves to the Core Tab and the points spent fills the core points bar, however at the bottom of the screen it mentions that I have "Too many of the same Special", this then causes it to say that my army list is illegal when trying to save it.

hope this description helps

yours

wildcardukfra

Yobtar August 20th, 2010 09:20 PM

not a big deal but Rat Swarms and Stormvermin have Max Choices: 1 listed in their unit details window.

genx3000 August 21st, 2010 11:39 PM

fixed

both of these problems have now been fixed

Rushputin August 24th, 2010 09:03 AM

Reposted from the primary thread:

- In units of Rat Ogres, Packmasters are incorrectly capped at (# Rat Ogres / 2). Per the Skaven FAQ, this should be ((# Rat Ogres /2) + 1). ("Q. Can I take a unit consisting of 2 Rat Ogres and 2 Packmasters when I pick an army? (p104) A. Yes.")

Yobtar September 1st, 2010 10:43 PM

Whips for packmasters and master moulders currently state that whips can attack over any number of ranks of giant ranks. It should state that whips can attack over 3 ranks of giant rats max.

Yobtar September 2nd, 2010 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yobtar (Post 43795)
Whips for packmasters and master moulders currently state that whips can attack over any number of ranks of giant ranks. It should state that whips can attack over 3 ranks of giant rats max.

Noticed that this wasn't fixed in v1.4 release. Just a heads up for next update.

Duckman September 11th, 2010 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rushputin (Post 43410)
Reposted from the primary thread:

- In units of Rat Ogres, Packmasters are incorrectly capped at (# Rat Ogres / 2). Per the Skaven FAQ, this should be ((# Rat Ogres /2) + 1). ("Q. Can I take a unit consisting of 2 Rat Ogres and 2 Packmasters when I pick an army? (p104) A. Yes.")

The fix for this is pretty simple. It requires two changes. First, in the Rule bskRatOgre you have to raise the allowance (I added 2 to the right-hand-side of the comparison to get "entity.count[effective] +2") and then in the Option bskOgremas you need to modify the size and increase @maximum by 1 (simple +1 at the end).

Yobtar September 16th, 2010 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yobtar (Post 43811)
Noticed that this wasn't fixed in v1.4 release. Just a heads up for next update.

Seeing as how I've volunteered to be the Skaven file guy Ill make this change for next update (1.6).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duckman (Post 44249)
The fix for this is pretty simple. It requires two changes. First, in the Rule bskRatOgre you have to raise the allowance (I added 2 to the right-hand-side of the comparison to get "entity.count[effective] +2") and then in the Option bskOgremas you need to modify the size and increase @maximum by 1 (simple +1 at the end).

Thanks alot gonna try this out and see if it works. Hopefully it will be ready by next update (1.6).

EDIT: It worked. Also fixed Clawleaders save to 6+ (not 5+). Hopefully these will be included in next update.

Yobtar September 17th, 2010 01:03 PM

9/17/10

Fixed Issues
- Whip rules
- Number of Packmasters in Rat Ogre units
- Clawleader armor save now 6+ (was 5+)
- Deathrunner multiple magic item error with Weeping Blade and Smoke Bombs
- Warbanner cost for Skaven now 25pts
- Only one Warbanner per army now

Fixes should be in next update

orangecoke September 17th, 2010 01:32 PM

As Rat Ogres are Monstrous Infantry, might be good to list "Stomp" in addition to Fear and Frenzy when you print out a roster list.

Yobtar September 17th, 2010 04:09 PM

Great Idea. I will include troop type info and abilities gained in the next few days.

Yobtar September 19th, 2010 01:45 PM

Asking for help with this next issue also.

Currently Scavenge Pile allows multiple choices per character of the same item (ie 5 Rat hound bodyguards) when 1 per character is the limit.
Anyone have any suggestions on how to implement this change?

Yobtar September 25th, 2010 10:19 PM

9/26/10

Fixed for Skaven
- Rat Ogre Bonebreaker now gives rider +1 armor save
- Troop Types included in description along with brief summary of troop type abilities
- Warlord on Rat Ogre Bonebreaker no longer shows 6+ ward save for parry
- Warlord on Warlitter no longer show a 6+ ward save for parry

Should be in next update (sometime soon I hope)

Frank September 30th, 2010 09:51 AM

Warp lightning canon

The skaven FAQ says to delete the Pondorous Warmachine from the warp lightning canon. The canon also no longer has 4 wounds, but acts as any warmachine and has number of wounds and attacks equal to remaining crew(3).

Yobtar September 30th, 2010 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank (Post 45214)
The skaven FAQ says to delete the Pondorous Warmachine from the warp lightning canon. The canon also no longer has 4 wounds, but acts as any warmachine and has number of wounds and attacks equal to remaining crew(3).

Thanks will look into this as soon as possible.

hammerofulric October 3rd, 2010 04:34 AM

Save files won't keep the number of Rat Ogre packmasters. Resets to 1 per unit when I reload my roster.

Yobtar October 3rd, 2010 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hammerofulric (Post 45335)
Save files won't keep the number of Rat Ogre packmasters. Resets to 1 per unit when I reload my roster.

Thanks for posting! Just a few questions.
- What version of AB are you using?
- what version of the WHFB8th ed data file are you using?
- how/where do you save your files?
- do you have debugging on or off?

I have tried to replicate this to no avail. Ive brought whole armies of rat ogres and packmasters, armies with mixed units including rat ogres and packmasters, valid armies, invalid armies, etc...cant get the bug to "work" for me.

Im using 3.2d AB, 1.7 (which shows as 1.3) data file, save in the default save folder, and have debugging on.
EDIT: also just tested in with the 1.8 data file with debugging off and still cant get the bug to "work". Could you pls provide more details as to what is going on?

hammerofulric October 3rd, 2010 07:47 AM

AB 3.2d
WFB 1.8
I save my files in a sub folder of the roster folder.
Debugging is off.

I set the number of packmasters as normal, save the file. Next time I open the file, the number of packmasters is 1.

Yobtar October 3rd, 2010 10:14 AM

Did the same thing and saved my test armies into subfolders and still not having this issue. It could be an OS issue. What OS do you use?

I would suggest uninstalling AB then reinstalling it and update to 1.8 again and see if that solves the issue.

Other than that I have no answer to resolve the issue as nothing in the data files that has been changed would have anything to do with the saving of armies.

I would also check to see if it happened in previous updates (1.7, 1.3, etc). I have tried all 3 now just to be sure and none of them have this issue for me.

hammerofulric October 3rd, 2010 02:18 PM

I'm getting it on both WinXP and Win7 machines, so it's unlikely to be the install.

Just discovered the problem only arises when I upgrade one of the rat ogres to master bred.

Yobtar October 3rd, 2010 04:19 PM

Alright, I do not know what exactly the issue is at the moment but i do know that the problem occurred with 1.7 as 1.6 loads the saved lists with packmasters properly.

Am looking into it.

Checkm8 October 3rd, 2010 05:21 PM

Not sure if this is a bug, for for Night Runner and plague runner profiles are showing attacks as 1/2/1/2 and 1/3/1/3. Shouldn't it just be the 1/2 and 1/3?

Yobtar October 3rd, 2010 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Checkm8 (Post 45357)
Not sure if this is a bug, for for Night Runner and plague runner profiles are showing attacks as 1/2/1/2 and 1/3/1/3. Shouldn't it just be the 1/2 and 1/3?

Im assuming you meant Night Runners and Plague Monks?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duckman (Post 44249)

Actually this does work but causes a save issue when you have a Master Bred Rat Ogre in a unit with multiple Packmasters. It saves the number of packmasters as 1 regardless of how many packmasters you have in the unit. You can add them back in after you load up a saved list but that is not the answer to the problem.

ill admit this one is over my head and any help would be appreciated.

Checkm8 October 3rd, 2010 07:29 PM

Yes, sorry, Night Runners and Plague Monks. Shows up to me as 1/2/1/2 and 1/3/1/3 in the attacks column.

Yobtar October 3rd, 2010 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Checkm8 (Post 45359)
Yes, sorry, Night Runners and Plague Monks. Shows up to me as 1/2/1/2 and 1/3/1/3 in the attacks column.

Thanks for reporting!
I am currently going through each unit one by one and writing down mistakes and bugs and fixing them as i go. Here is what i have fixed atm and have to mail to UltraPrime for inclusion in next update.

10-4-10
First
Known Bugs
- Armor of Silvered Steel not working correctly with warlords and chieftains
- Characters may incorrectly take multiples of the same item from the Scavenge Pile
- Packmasters in units of Rat Ogres with Master Bred Rat Ogres are not saving correctly. They must be reselected upon loading of a roster from a file

FIXES
- added Unbreakable to Screaming Bell and Plague Furnace per FAQ
- Clarified Rat Ogres, Jezzails, Brass Orb, Doom Rocket, Storm Banner, Creature Killer and Skavenbrew per Faq
- Plagueclaw Catapult and Warplightning Cannon rules and stats clarified per Faq
- Master Bred Rat Ogre has fear and frenzy now correcting attacks
- Plague Monks, Night Runners, Assassins and Tretch Craventails attacks displaying correctly
- Assassins LD corrected
- Added Sneaky Infiltrator rule to Assassins and Deathmaster Snitch
- Deathmaster's Armor Save removed
- Tretch Craventail no longer shows with a Deathmaster Snitch heading, added tail blade to Tretch and clarified his rules
- Special Characters display a validation error if selected more than once
- Forbid Special Characters now working properly
- Listed Known Bugs at startup

Leachim October 6th, 2010 01:42 AM

You get a error on Warp-Energy condenser if you take it and another Arcane even though it does NOT count as an arcane item.

Yobtar October 6th, 2010 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leachim (Post 45493)
You get a error on Warp-Energy condenser if you take it and another Arcane even though it does NOT count as an arcane item.

The only arcane item I can find in the army book that does NOT count as an arcane item is Warpstone Tokens. Could you provide a page number or other information that would aid me in finding this information?

Yobtar October 7th, 2010 07:44 PM

Update 10/7/10

List of fixes (should be in next update)
- Added Scurry Away and/or Strength in Numbers rule to relevant units
- Forbid Special Characters option working correctly now
- Special Characters now show error if taken more than once
- Listed Known Bugs at start up
- Points costs now displaying properly for half point cost options
- Added Unbreakable to the Screaming Bell and Plague Furnace per the FAQ
- Clarified Rat Ogre rules per FAQ
- Clarified Jezzail rules per FAQ
- Clarified Brass Orb rules per FAQ
- Clarified Doom Rocket rules per FAQ
- Clarified Storm Banner rules per FAQ
- Clarified Skavenbrew rules
- Clarified Plagueclaw Catapult rules and crew stats per FAQ
- Warplightning Cannon rules and stats updated per FAQ
- Creature Killer clarified per FAQ
- Master Bred Rat Ogre has Fear and Frenzy now for correct number of attacks
- Clarified Plague Monks attack stat
- Clarified Night Runners attack stat
- Corrected Assassins attacks and Ld, added Sneaky Infiltrator rule
- Added Sneaky Infiltrator rule to Deathmaster; corrected Deathmasters armor save
- Tretch Craventail no longer lists as Deathmaster; Fixed Tretch's attacks and added Tail Blade to Tretch
- Deleted Warpfire Thrower info from Storm Daemon item
- Fixed Ikit Claw's Strength
- Added Light Armor to Throt
- Fixed Queek's Attacks
- Added Rat Daemon rule to Vermin Lord
- Clarified Warpfire Thrower misfire chart per FAQ
- Skavenslaves now list corrected
- Added Slinking Advance rule to Night Runners
- Added Warp-lash magic weapon to Skweel Gnawtooth
- Added Fight in Extra Ranks rule to Giant Rats per FAQ
- Jezzail Sharpshooters now have a 4+ armor save
- Globadiers now have heavy armor for a 5+ save
- Bombadiers extra hand weapon removed

Yobtar October 22nd, 2010 08:53 AM

Update 10/22/10

Heres a list of fixes I have made but I have no idea when they will be made available.

FIXES
- Warlock Engineers can take magic armor unless they are upgraded to wizards in which case they can only take Warpstone Armor
- Assassins can now take all magic shields
- Warp Scroll is now limited to one per army
- Fixed magic banners found in BRB to one per army
- Fixed Scavenge Pile multiple of same item bug!! (WOOT!)
- Fixed Packmaster and Master Bred Rat Ogre save file bug!!! (Woot!)

morbid October 28th, 2010 06:48 AM

war banner

The War banner hs a points problem. :)It should be 35 points to take. It is currently only 25 points..Thx in advance!

Mr_Rose October 28th, 2010 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morbid (Post 46487)
The War banner hs a points problem. :)It should be 35 points to take. It is currently only 25 points..Thx in advance!

I hope this isn't your idea of a "joke" - Read the FAQs; the war banner's point value is correct.

Yobtar October 28th, 2010 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Rose (Post 46488)
I hope this isn't your idea of a "joke" - Read the FAQs; the war banner's point value is correct.

What he said and thanks!

It should also be noted that in "fixing" the save file issue with MBROs and Packmasters I made some changes that change the option for MBRO from an upgrade to an addition to the unit.
For the upgrade you have already paid the initial cost for the rat ogre so the upgrade would cost what is listed in the army book.
With the save file bug fix you are currently ADDING a whole new MBRO so you have to pay the initial cost for a new rat ogre and then have to pay the upgrade to MBRO cost hence the reason why it is calculating MBROs at said point cost.
Also please note that this also increases the total number of models in the unit as it is an addition to the unit and no longer an upgrade of an existing model (at least until I figure out how to keep the bug fix and get it back to an upgrade).

Yobtar October 28th, 2010 09:45 PM

Unfortunately my "fix" of the save file bug with MBROs and Packmasters has actually created more problems than I noticed to begin with and without getting into details I am sad to say that I must revert the file to the way it was before with the save file bug still present.

However I have discovered what is causing the save file bug to happen and am asking for any assistance in fixing this bug as it does seem to be beyond my skills.
Here it is...
In the Skaven.dat file in the Size tab of the bskOgremas OPTION the Edit Size Limit Script reads

if (tagis[BSkavStuff.PackX?] <> 0) then
@minimum = 0
else
@minimum = 1
endif
@maximum = round(count[effective] / 2,0,-1) - tagcount[BSkavStuff.PackX?] + 1
@start = 1

The save file bug is being caused by the +1 in bold. this +1 enables packmasters to be half plus one of the unit size of the rat ogre unit they are in (so ROs/2 + 1 = number of packmasters allowed).

Can anyone please take a look at this and give me a fix to prevent the save file from loading up showing packmasters at 1 instead of how many you actually assign to the unit? I know it saves it correctly but when the army gets loaded from a save file it only has 1 packmaster and you have to add the number of packmasters back in.

morbid October 29th, 2010 09:25 AM

war banner

No, it was not a joke:mad: Because of the response though, i went and re-looked at the FAQ. I had missed the statment about using points from your army book over the main rulebook. Did not see at 1st because i was looking for something specific about the war banner. Now i am all clear on this issue

Yobtar October 29th, 2010 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morbid (Post 46555)
No, it was not a joke:mad: Because of the response though, i went and re-looked at the FAQ. I had missed the statment about using points from your army book over the main rulebook. Did not see at 1st because i was looking for something specific about the war banner. Now i am all clear on this issue

I think he was so blunt because there have been MANY MANY posts about the war banner points costs being incorrect for all armies all over the warhammer 8th ed forum.

morbid October 29th, 2010 08:34 PM

war banner

ah ok, this was my 1st post, so i never noticed. We are all good now

Moshi_Kaminari November 11th, 2010 07:23 AM

I don't know if it is just me, but I keep getting the Biting Blade as 5 points when I attach on a character but the BRB says it is 10 points.

Mr_Rose November 11th, 2010 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moshi_Kaminari (Post 47310)
I don't know if it is just me, but I keep getting the Biting Blade as 5 points when I attach on a character but the BRB says it is 10 points.

Three posts up dude. Three. :confused:

Anyway; costs go as the Army book, per the FAQs.

Kagejin November 14th, 2010 10:45 AM

Another Rat Ogres/Packmasters issue

Adding a fourth Rat Ogre to a unit of three Rat Ogres plus a Master Moulder will result in a Packmaster being added to the unit. This additional Packmaster cannot be removed. Adding additional Rat Ogres beyond four does not add additional Packmasters.

Yobtar November 14th, 2010 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kagejin (Post 47456)
Adding a fourth Rat Ogre to a unit of three Rat Ogres plus a Master Moulder will result in a Packmaster being added to the unit. This additional Packmaster cannot be removed. Adding additional Rat Ogres beyond four does not add additional Packmasters.

After thinking I had the data file correct I reread the army list and understand what you are talking about.
The list says you start with Y packer and X ROs (im not providing details so as not to upset some people). It goes on to say you can add X number of ROs but does not say that you have to purchase Y packers per X ROs. It also says you can upgrade Z packer to a MM. The list doesnt carry a minimum requirement for packers other than the initial packer, which you can do whatever you want with, which is where the bug is coming from.
I am working on a fix at the moment that will hopefully still follow the rules for packers and not create more bugs. TBH the RO/GR + packer rules have me at a loss for how to code them into AB as they are pretty complex and I am not a prolific coder.