Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - User Projects (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   [Modiphius 2d20] Star Trek Adventures (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=58838)

TCArknight July 24th, 2017 06:48 AM

[Modiphius 2d20] Star Trek Adventures

Hello all!

As a fan of both Star Trek Adventures and Herolab (HL going forward), I asked and was given permission by the folks at Modiphius to do a UNOFFICIAL dataset for folks to use. As a developer (in my day job as well as messing around in HL) I know what I would like to see, but I would like to know what you, the potential user, would like to see as well. What's essential, what's ok to have, or what you don't want. I would like to know it all. :)

A few of caveats:
1) I am a programmer as my day job with sometimes hectic schedules.
2) Family life takes precedent to development time (and with wife and three teens in house, that can be just as hectic as work life. :) )
3) I'm doing this as an opportunity to give back to the gaming community for way too many years of enjoyment. :)
4) Users would need, as per HL, access to the Authoring Kit in order to run the dataset in full (non-demo) mode.

My current plan is to tackle thing in this order:
1) Main Character Lifepath - I'm not sure if HL would support the random chart rolls, so it would be up to the user to simply roll on a table (perhaps with the built-in roller) and select the resulting option.
2) Supporting Characters
3) Starships
4) Milestone character advancement

Please let me know your thoughts, interest, etc..

Thanks!
Thomas C.

jbearwillis July 24th, 2017 07:41 PM

I just picked it up, Gleefully Rubbing hands together. LOL

Aaron July 25th, 2017 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TCArknight (Post 253247)
My current plan is to tackle thing in this order:
1) Main Character Lifepath - I'm not sure if HL would support the random chart rolls, so it would be up to the user to simply roll on a table (perhaps with the built-in roller) and select the resulting option.

This is definitely doable. We have random table rolls for the 5th edition files.

AndrewD2 July 25th, 2017 08:49 PM

Not sure if you're planning to do something like put this up on github, but I wouldn't mind helping a bit in my free time.

TCArknight August 4th, 2017 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaron (Post 253334)
This is definitely doable. We have random table rolls for the 5th edition files.

Aaron - Especially for the Career Event tables in STA, this would be VERY useful. :)

Any place I could check out the syntaxes, etc?

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewD2 (Post 253353)
Not sure if you're planning to do something like put this up on github, but I wouldn't mind helping a bit in my free time.

Andrew - I might just do that. I would love some pointers/suggestions on the structures, etc too. I'll post back here with the hub details. :)

Aaron August 4th, 2017 05:46 PM

Ask and you shall receive!

Code:

<portal
      id="additem"
      style="actBig"
      tiptext="Click to add a random personality trait.">
      <action
        action="trigger">
        <trigger><![CDATA[
          var thingid as string
          var tagexpr as string

~Stop if we have no background
          if (hero.tagis[Background.?] = 0) then
            notify "You must select a background first!"
            done
            endif
          tagexpr = hero.tagids[Background.?," | "]

~We exclude any background traits that have already been added
          ~ If the random generator generates one that's already been added and
          ~ and the trait is then deleted, this creates a situation where a 'ghost'
          ~ copy is left on the character that can't be deleted. It goes away
          ~ when the character is next loaded, but an an error message is
          ~ still shown, and this is less than ideal
          if (hero.tagis[BackTrait.?] <> 0) then
            tagexpr &= " & !(" & hero.tagids[BackTrait.?," | "] & ")"
            endif

var found as number

foreach thing in BackPerTrt where tagexpr
            found += 1
            nexteach

if (found = 0) then
            notify "There are no personality traits available for random generation."
            done
            endif

var i as number
          var index as number

var thingid as string

index = random(found)
          i = 0

foreach thing in BackPerTrt where tagexpr
            if (i = index) then
              thingid = eachthing.idstring
              endif
              i += 1
            nexteach

perform hero.addpick[BackPers,thingid]
          ]]></trigger>
        <buttontext><![CDATA[
          if (state.istablet = 0) then
            @text = "Random"
            done
            endif

~we have a lot more space to use on the tablet
          @text = "Add a random{br}personality trait"
          ]]></buttontext>
        </action>
      </portal>

TCArknight August 12th, 2017 08:44 PM

Thanks Aaron! :) I'll have to take a closer look and see how I can use that...

TCArknight August 12th, 2017 08:45 PM

The work in progress:
Quote:

Name: William T RIker
Assignment: First Officer, USS Enterprise (NCC-1701D)
Species: Human
Attributes: Control 8, Daring 11, Fitness 10, Insight 8, Presence 12, Reason 7
Disciplines: Command 5, Conn 4, Engineering 1, Medicine 1, Science 1, Security 4
Focuses: Athletics, Composure, Hand Phasers, Inspiration, Starship Recognition, Team Dynamics
Values: Always Be The Best, Married to the Enterprise, My Duty Is To My Captain, To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Talents: Advisor, Bold: Command, Dauntless, Follow My Lead

Stress: 14

Hero Lab and the Hero Lab logo are Registered Trademarks of LWD Technology, Inc. Free download at http://www.wolflair.com
TBD

Sketchpad August 17th, 2017 03:25 PM

Awesome! Looks great so far.

TCArknight August 31st, 2017 12:58 PM

Yet more progress...

Name: USS Parnikee
Ship Class: Miranda Class

Scale: 4
Power: 10
Shields: 11
Resistance: 4
Systems: Comm 9, Computers 9, Engines 10, Sensors 9, Structure 11, Weapons 11
Departments: Command 0, Conn 0, Engineering 0, Medicine 0, Science 0, Security 0

Overview: During the mid to late 2260s the Federation saw increasing tensions with the Klingon Empire and many analysts thought that war was inevitable with Qo’noS. The design of the Miranda class began as a dual-purpose patrol and combat vessel designed specifically to counter Klingon designs, specifically recent refits of the D7 battle cruiser. A combined team of designers from Starfleet Tactical and the Starfleet Advanced Technologies Group began co-opting and adjusting technologies and systems from the upcoming Constitution class refit, producing a heavily armed attack vessel just as peace broke out between the Federation and the Empire in 2267. Production of six spaceframes occurred before further manufacturing was halted while a complete redesign was undertaken. In 2272, the Miranda development group had beaten the sword into a plowshare by redesigning nearly 70% of the internal volume of the starship, attempting to make the vessel into a science and survey ship. The result was a highly adaptable starship that continues to be in use nearly one hundred years since its introduction.

Hero Lab and the Hero Lab logo are Registered Trademarks of LWD Technology, Inc. Free download at http://www.wolflair.com