Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed. (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   [Bug Reports] Lizardmen (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=12552)

Supergeek March 3rd, 2011 12:29 AM

[Bug Reports] Lizardmen
 
Hi Guys, I hope this is the right place to list these. If not let me know.

I was just doing up a lizardmen list and noticed a couple of things.

In the print out, where it lists the details of all the weapons, Javelins are listed as 8" range. In the Big book, Javelins are listed as 12".

Also in the latest Lizardmen FAQ, Horned ones are no longer count as a magic Item but are now a cavalry mount. Would it be possible to get it added underneath the cold ones on the character section, so their stats show up the same as a horned one. Also I should now be able to select one of these for all my heroes(if I wanted)

Again, I hope I've done this correctly as I don't want to annoy the excellent people who maintain these files
cheers
Matt

gkgnight March 3rd, 2011 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supergeek (Post 52929)
Hi Guys, I hope this is the right place to list these. If not let me know.

I was just doing up a lizardmen list and noticed a couple of things.

In the print out, where it lists the details of all the weapons, Javelins are listed as 8" range. In the Big book, Javelins are listed as 12".

Also in the latest Lizardmen FAQ, Horned ones are no longer count as a magic Item but are now a cavalry mount. Would it be possible to get it added underneath the cold ones on the character section, so their stats show up the same as a horned one. Also I should now be able to select one of these for all my heroes(if I wanted)

Again, I hope I've done this correctly as I don't want to annoy the excellent people who maintain these files
cheers
Matt

thanks for your post, ill look into the issue this weekend.

Mr_Rose March 3rd, 2011 03:05 AM

Regarding that last part; the FAQ does not make Horned Ones a simple mount option. It says they don't count as a magic item for rules purposes, not that they aren't bought from the magic items list or that they no longer cost "magic item points" or similar.

Supergeek March 4th, 2011 12:35 AM

Fair point Mr Rose. What I am trying to get at, is that multiple characters should be able to select a horned one, given that the aren't magic items for rules purposes and therefore aren't affected by the rule that forbids duplicate magic items.

I'd also like the stats for my horned one to appear in the same manner as a regular cold one. Of course I could be wrong on all counts :)

UltraPrime March 15th, 2011 02:20 PM

No, they are magic items. What it means by 'not counted as for rules purposes' is if you have an item that nullifies other magic items, the Horned One would not be affected by this. All other rules still apply.

Benny6Toes September 20th, 2011 06:12 PM

As a follow-up to the Horned One bug already reported, it should grant the rider an armor save but does not. Added to a scar-vet it would grant a final save of 3+, oldblood ends with a 2+, and a skink would get a 5+.

I've also found that...
1) Slaan Mage Priests are unable to add magic weapons, but they should be able to (they are restricted from armor; not weapons).

2) You list Chameleon Skinks as being able to deploy within 12" of an enemy, but this is no longer the case.

3) Shields are shown to grant a 6+ ward save even when the character has a magic weapon (single or paired) or an extra hand weapon

Biscuit October 30th, 2011 04:30 PM

Hi,

I've just spent 15 minutes updating the descriptions for the Lizardmen.dat to FAQ 1.4. Do you want a copy?

Daeghrefn February 3rd, 2012 04:56 PM

I noticed a slight issue with magic armor; the 8th edition book allows characters to take both a magic shield and some other (non shield) form of magic armor. Doing this in the current army builder file causes a "Too many magic items worn" error.

Also, this may have been mentioned before but the last reply here was several months back - the Horned One should add to the character's armor save in the same manner that the Cold One does.
Thanks for your hard work!

mwisnefsky February 13th, 2012 04:37 PM

Slann
 
Gents,

Thanks for your work on this - I do believe that the restriction against wizards wielding magical weapons has been lifted in this ruleset though. Currently I cannot give my slann a magic weapon. And I believe this is something i desire and my enemies fear :)

UltraPrime March 7th, 2012 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mwisnefsky (Post 74519)
Gents,

Thanks for your work on this - I do believe that the restriction against wizards wielding magical weapons has been lifted in this ruleset though. Currently I cannot give my slann a magic weapon. And I believe this is something i desire and my enemies fear :)

Fixed.

conspiracynutt April 22nd, 2012 02:51 AM

Hiya,

I have found a little problem with lizardmen temple guard, their save is listed as 3+ which is correct for LA, SS and Shield but in combat they use Halberds which requires 2 hands so they cannot use a shield so their saves should be 3+ for shooting and 4+ for combat :)

Goldenwolf April 24th, 2012 07:31 AM

The Chameleon Skinks still generate a rule from 6th or 7th that lets them setup between 2" from an enemhy on the list, and they do not have this rule anymore, they just use the scout and aquatic rules.

UltraPrime April 25th, 2012 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by conspiracynutt (Post 80840)
Hiya,

I have found a little problem with lizardmen temple guard, their save is listed as 3+ which is correct for LA, SS and Shield but in combat they use Halberds which requires 2 hands so they cannot use a shield so their saves should be 3+ for shooting and 4+ for combat :)

AB can't really tell whether you are in combat or not, so this is more an inconvenience.

UltraPrime April 25th, 2012 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldenwolf (Post 80954)
The Chameleon Skinks still generate a rule from 6th or 7th that lets them setup between 2" from an enemhy on the list, and they do not have this rule anymore, they just use the scout and aquatic rules.

Fixed for next release.

Mathias January 21st, 2013 09:09 AM

We received this report through our support email address, so I wanted to pass it along to you:

When I choose Warhammer Fantasy, Lizardmen army at any point range, I choose Stegadon and it shows Giant Bow attached to it. But when I choose Skink Chief and add a Stegadon to him, the Giant Bow is no longer listed in the Stegadon's abilities. I do believe the Giant Bow remains even though the Skink Chief is added. It's no problem for me to fix it myself, I just thought you guys should know for futur reference. Thanks a lot for this amazing software!

EdSteiner January 21st, 2013 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mathias (Post 122963)
We received this report through our support email address, so I wanted to pass it along to you:

When I choose Warhammer Fantasy, Lizardmen army at any point range, I choose Stegadon and it shows Giant Bow attached to it. But when I choose Skink Chief and add a Stegadon to him, the Giant Bow is no longer listed in the Stegadon's abilities. I do believe the Giant Bow remains even though the Skink Chief is added. It's no problem for me to fix it myself, I just thought you guys should know for futur reference. Thanks a lot for this amazing software!

Thanks for the message

Fixed for 2.52

richw March 5th, 2013 10:07 PM

Stegadon Mount bug
 
Hi,

Thanks for the hard work on these data files - I use them frequently and appreciate them!

For the Lizardman army - if I take a Skink Chief or a Skink Priest and give them a Stegadon mount, it is counting the points correctly against the hero points pool. However, it is also using up a rare slot.

A hero riding a Stegadon mount shouldn't count as a rare choice.

Thanks again!

EdSteiner March 10th, 2013 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richw (Post 140920)
Hi,

Thanks for the hard work on these data files - I use them frequently and appreciate them!

For the Lizardman army - if I take a Skink Chief or a Skink Priest and give them a Stegadon mount, it is counting the points correctly against the hero points pool. However, it is also using up a rare slot.

A hero riding a Stegadon mount shouldn't count as a rare choice.

Thanks again!

Fixed for 2.55

richw March 13th, 2013 10:30 PM

Thanks very much!

Infyrna July 12th, 2013 09:39 AM

Staff of the Lost Sun
 
Hi

When I choose staff of the last sun as a magical weapon on my skink chief and then give him a spear I get an error (Magical weapon + normal) but the staff counts as a short bow so I should be able to take a mundane CC weapon.

Thanks

EdSteiner July 13th, 2013 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Infyrna (Post 160809)
Hi

When I choose staff of the last sun as a magical weapon on my skink chief and then give him a spear I get an error (Magical weapon + normal) but the staff counts as a short bow so I should be able to take a mundane CC weapon.

Thanks

Fixed for 2.62

EdSteiner August 13th, 2013 11:58 AM

Coding Report: 95% of it works fine, its just making it locking out some the Slann stuff challenging. Expect on time Sep release 2.63.

hardyworld August 27th, 2013 12:39 PM

Thank you so much!
 
Thank you so much for your continued support! I really appreciate it! Armybuilder would be worthless without you!

For my old 7th Edition lists how do I keep those from updating to the new LM rules? (total n00b question I know, a link to the right thread is probably the answer)

EdSteiner August 27th, 2013 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hardyworld (Post 164286)
Thank you so much for your continued support! I really appreciate it! Armybuilder would be worthless without you!

For my old 7th Edition lists how do I keep those from updating to the new LM rules? (total n00b question I know, a link to the right thread is probably the answer)

Hard print then before updating to the new dataset.

naloth September 1st, 2013 06:10 AM

New LM list
 
First off, thanks for the new update. I've been going through and I testing out things and mostly it looks very good.

I did notice a few things:
-It would be nice if the Slaan with the 8 sig spells displayed like the loremaster does.
-A mounted scar vet on a carn that chooses a shield and spear gets an "x" that would imply a bad weapon combination
-Terradons/Ripperdactyl's are T3 so the rider's T should be ignored. Same with the 2 wounds. This currently isn't set properly in either the unit selection after you select them.
-MC across various armies generally show the proper total when you select the unit (putting a - by the mount info) though it's inconsistent if they display the rider or the highest S when looking at the top pane for selection.

EdSteiner September 1st, 2013 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by naloth (Post 164565)
First off, thanks for the new update. I've been going through and I testing out things and mostly it looks very good.

I did notice a few things:
-It would be nice if the Slaan with the 8 sig spells displayed like the loremaster does.
-A mounted scar vet on a carn that chooses a shield and spear gets an "x" that would imply a bad weapon combination
-Terradons/Ripperdactyl's are T3 so the rider's T should be ignored. Same with the 2 wounds. This currently isn't set properly in either the unit selection after you select them.
-MC across various armies generally show the proper total when you select the unit (putting a - by the mount info) though it's inconsistent if they display the rider or the highest S when looking at the top pane for selection.

-It would be nice if the Slaan with the 8 sig spells displayed like the loremaster does. - Will review
-A mounted scar vet on a carn that chooses a shield and spear gets an "x" that would imply a bad weapon combination - Fixed for 2.65
-Terradons/Ripperdactyl's are T3 so the rider's T should be ignored. Same with the 2 wounds. This currently isn't set properly in either the unit selection after you select them. - Fixed for 2.65
-MC across various armies generally show the proper total when you select the unit (putting a - by the mount info) though it's inconsistent if they display the rider or the highest S when looking at the top pane for selection. - I agree and will modify and scan for other occurrences for 2.65, This will require some background coding but I think I can find a way to make the 'Available Unit' section display the adjusted To/Wo as well.

Infyrna September 10th, 2013 12:48 AM

Skink Chief
 
Hi,

When I give a skink chief a spear both the javelin and blowpipe are then greyed out. I should be able to still take either with the spear since it is a melee weapon and the blowpipe/javelin are ranged weapons.

Regards
Brandon

EdSteiner September 10th, 2013 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Infyrna (Post 165214)
Hi,

When I give a skink chief a spear both the javelin and blowpipe are then greyed out. I should be able to still take either with the spear since it is a melee weapon and the blowpipe/javelin are ranged weapons.

Regards
Brandon

WF8 Lizardmen pg 89. Entry: Skink Chief: "May be armed with one of the following."
Extra Hand..........2 (unless mounted)
Blowpipe.............6
Lustrain Javalin....2
Spear.................2

That means the model cannot take more then one of these choices reguardless if one is a melee and one is a ranged weapon. Unless the term "May take one means more then one".

Infyrna September 10th, 2013 11:22 PM

Ahh, I took that statement as those were the valid options he could choose from not that he could only choose ONE of them.

Thanks Ed

Kaervek23 September 11th, 2013 12:37 AM

Just noticed when giving my Temple Guard the Jaguar Standard, in the book it is listed at 50 points, in Army Builder it is only listed at 25 points.

EdSteiner September 11th, 2013 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Infyrna (Post 165302)
Ahh, I took that statement as those were the valid options he could choose from not that he could only choose ONE of them.

Thanks Ed

We aim to please so tell me where to shoot :) On a more serious note: Keep trying to break the files, I will keep trying to fix them.

Ed

Infyrna September 11th, 2013 11:55 PM

Well then I have a new question for you. If I take a Slann priest and give him the discipline "Wandering Deliberations" how do I link all the signature spells to him. I tried selecting each signature spell one at a time but I get an error saying "Too many lores".

Brandon

EdSteiner September 12th, 2013 04:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Infyrna (Post 165400)
Well then I have a new question for you. If I take a Slann priest and give him the discipline "Wandering Deliberations" how do I link all the signature spells to him. I tried selecting each signature spell one at a time but I get an error saying "Too many lores".

Brandon

Yes, this is still an outstanding issue, I have yet to solve. Expect it for the oct release to be solved. I have gone at it two different ways one mirroring the high elf route, failed. One fresh code I thought would work, failed. So back to the drawing board.

Infyrna September 12th, 2013 05:27 AM

Ye it is a bit of a hard one to code, I was quite surprised I could actually select from 3 different lores before I got the error.

EdSteiner September 13th, 2013 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Infyrna (Post 165411)
Ye it is a bit of a hard one to code, I was quite surprised I could actually select from 3 different lores before I got the error.

Well check out 2.64 and add the Discipline then you can use it to select add all spells plus lore attributes. Enjoy <o

Infyrna September 15th, 2013 10:05 PM

Hi I tried it out and now I can pick 4 of the signature spells before I get an error:
Unit 'Slann Mage-Priest': Only spells from one 'Lore' may be selected.
This is with Wandering Deliberations selected.

EdSteiner September 16th, 2013 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Infyrna (Post 165747)
Hi I tried it out and now I can pick 4 of the signature spells before I get an error:
Unit 'Slann Mage-Priest': Only spells from one 'Lore' may be selected.
This is with Wandering Deliberations selected.

Select the wandering deliberation then go to it on your roster to add the spells using it not your core spell list. The spell are part of the item/upgrade not character base character listing, try that

Slann-Priest
Wandering Deliberations
Sword of Striking

Select the item it adds to your character to find its spells.

Let me know if that works

Infyrna September 17th, 2013 04:57 AM

Ok got it, thanks Ed :)

hardyworld October 5th, 2013 03:57 PM

Lizardmen Big Reporting
 
Jaguar Standard is listed for 25 points in the armybuilder, it should be 50 points.
War Banner is listed for 25 points in the armybuilder, it should be 35 points.

EdSteiner October 5th, 2013 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hardyworld (Post 167086)
Jaguar Standard is listed for 25 points in the armybuilder, it should be 50 points.
War Banner is listed for 25 points in the armybuilder, it should be 35 points.

Corrected for 2.66


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:18 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® - Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
wolflair.com copyright 1998-2016 Lone Wolf Development, Inc. View our Privacy Policy here.