Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - d20 System (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Community Created 3.5 D&D data set.... (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=11584)

Sendric April 18th, 2016 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dami (Post 228202)
I had this happen quite a while back. The "3.5 - Dungeon master Guide.user" file should be deleted, it was meant to be removed/replaced by an earlier update. The "DMG 1" file stays.

Yea, sorry. That's my fault. At some point, I started forgetting to include the empty files which would have removed all the old files. Anyone going to an old system that hasn't been updated in while should probably consider removing the old community set files before updating to the new set.

kalima32 May 4th, 2016 03:37 PM

It would appear that the update for the "Practiced Spellcaster" feat from either the Complete Divine, or Complete Arcane packs isn't functioning properly. When selected for a wizard spell-casting class it creates validation errors that show as though you don't have correct levels for you bonus feats.

Sendric May 5th, 2016 04:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kalima32 (Post 229240)
It would appear that the update for the "Practiced Spellcaster" feat from either the Complete Divine, or Complete Arcane packs isn't functioning properly. When selected for a wizard spell-casting class it creates validation errors that show as though you don't have correct levels for you bonus feats.

I'm not sure this problem is specific to the feat. Can you describe how to reproduce the issue and/or attach your portfolio so I can see how this error occurred?

Dami May 5th, 2016 04:46 AM

The Feat is working fine in my portfolio - I have a Wizard/Fighter using his Fighter levels to boost Wizard. Note that the feat only gives you extra "Caster Levels" not actual Wizard levels, so you don't gain extra bonus feats or extra spells.

Wheels May 7th, 2016 03:18 PM

Hello everyone.

Has anyone done weretouched master in 3.5? I've been trying to get it into hero lab but i think it's a little out of my league.

Any help is appreciated.

ty all

Balroghunter May 13th, 2016 07:19 AM

Noob questions

Hey guys, I'm a long-time HeroLab user, but I've never tried any of the community mods until now. Looking to resurrect an old Eberron game, so I did some reading on the forums and added the link on the first page to get the awesome community content. Now I'm getting all manner of duplicate errors. Any tips on how to get rid of the errors and get a clean set?
Thanks for your patience as this is my first go round with this.

ShadowChemosh May 13th, 2016 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balroghunter (Post 229588)
Hey guys, I'm a long-time HeroLab user, but I've never tried any of the community mods until now. Looking to resurrect an old Eberron game, so I did some reading on the forums and added the link on the first page to get the awesome community content. Now I'm getting all manner of duplicate errors. Any tips on how to get rid of the errors and get a clean set?
Thanks for your patience as this is my first go round with this.

Only way that could be happening is if you already had .user files installed manually. Or you created your own stuff.

If its your own stuff you will have to rename your unique IDs. If you manually installed files from the past. I would recommend deleting all the .user files and installing the community addon again.

kalima32 May 25th, 2016 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 229271)
I'm not sure this problem is specific to the feat. Can you describe how to reproduce the issue and/or attach your portfolio so I can see how this error occurred?

Best way to repro the error is to create a 7th level cleric, then when you add 3 levels of another class and select the practiced spellcaster feat, and then select "cleric" from the drop down, it zero's out your caster level on the class page.

I will get a copy of the portfolio posted with the error.

Sendric May 26th, 2016 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kalima32 (Post 230186)
Best way to repro the error is to create a 7th level cleric, then when you add 3 levels of another class and select the practiced spellcaster feat, and then select "cleric" from the drop down, it zero's out your caster level on the class page.

I will get a copy of the portfolio posted with the error.

Not necessary. I was able to reproduce it. Thank you. It looks like this is only an issue with the version from Complete Arcane. Frankly, I'm not sure where there are two versions anyway. There should only be one. For now, use the one from Complete Divine. That should solve your problem. Thanks for the report.

Hengist June 14th, 2016 11:46 AM

Hello,

I'm thinking of purchasing the d20 since I see that there is a community mod for the 'splat books'. Now I keep coming across what splat books are in the works, but is there a list somewhere of all the books that are in the mod currently and a link to the download?

Thank you for your patience.

Sendric June 15th, 2016 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hengist (Post 230976)
Hello,

I'm thinking of purchasing the d20 since I see that there is a community mod for the 'splat books'. Now I keep coming across what splat books are in the works, but is there a list somewhere of all the books that are in the mod currently and a link to the download?

The link and instructions for download can be found in the very first post of this thread. As for a list of what's available, there really isn't one. Most of the 3.5 books have had at least some content entered. Very few have had all content entered however. If there's something specific you are looking for, I can tell you whether it's there, and if not I can add it to the to-do list.

ShadowChemosh June 15th, 2016 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hengist (Post 230976)
Hello,

Your best way of testing this out is to load up HL in demo mode and then install the Community Addon. You can't save characters or print them in demo mode but you can play around and make some characters to get a feel for everything.

You can even make full use of the editor tools to add your own custom content. Heck I used HL initially for 9 months in demo mode before buying. I had been burned too many times by character creation software. But now I can't imagine gaming or running games without it. :) :D

Hengist June 20th, 2016 10:50 AM

What I'm looking for specifically is the Human, Elf Paragon class from Unearthed Arcana, the Stormsinger from Frostburn, the Radiant Servant of Pelor (Complete Divine?), the Bloodhound, the Elf Universalist Wizard Variant out of Races of the Wild and the Shadowdancer. I'll check out the first post of the thread to find the Add-on. Thanks

Sendric June 20th, 2016 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hengist (Post 231171)
What I'm looking for specifically is the Human, Elf Paragon class from Unearthed Arcana, the Stormsinger from Frostburn, the Radiant Servant of Pelor (Complete Divine?), the Bloodhound, the Elf Universalist Wizard Variant out of Races of the Wild and the Shadowdancer. I'll check out the first post of the thread to find the Add-on. Thanks

Everything except the Elf Universalist Wizard Variant is currently included in the community set. I'll add this to the to-do list.

Hengist June 21st, 2016 12:56 PM

Stormsinger isn't actually present

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 231172)
Everything except the Elf Universalist Wizard Variant is currently included in the community set. I'll add this to the to-do list.

Unless I'm missing something in the Prestige Class drop down menu, Storm singer isn't included either. Storm Talon is present, though.

Out of curiosity, any plans on a World of Greyhawk variants (Suel, Flan, Valley Elves, etc) for d20?

Sendric June 22nd, 2016 04:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hengist (Post 231213)
Unless I'm missing something in the Prestige Class drop down menu, Storm singer isn't included either. Storm Talon is present, though.

Out of curiosity, any plans on a World of Greyhawk variants (Suel, Flan, Valley Elves, etc) for d20?

Sorry. I must have skipped over that one. I'll add it to the to-do list.

I don't currently have a plan for World of Greyhawk. It would be pretty far down the list right now.

Dark Lord Galen June 22nd, 2016 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Collective Quotes
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hengist (Post 231213)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 231230)
.........Don't currently have a plan for World of Greyhawk. It would be pretty far down the list right now.

I have been assembling this for the WOG based on varied Racial modifications for my own campaign. I am not certain if that "fits" the idea of variant here however.

Hengist June 22nd, 2016 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 231230)
Sorry. I must have skipped over that one. I'll add it to the to-do list.

I don't currently have a plan for World of Greyhawk. It would be pretty far down the list right now.

Danke.

Macht nichts. Just curious.

Illyahr July 28th, 2016 04:57 PM

I have noticed that Uncanny Dodge has been consolidated under a single special to account for different sources adding up to Improved Uncanny Dodge. Is there any plan for doing this for Evasion as well? Two different sources of Evasion usually stack into Improved Evasion.

Sendric July 29th, 2016 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illyahr (Post 232729)
I have noticed that Uncanny Dodge has been consolidated under a single special to account for different sources adding up to Improved Uncanny Dodge. Is there any plan for doing this for Evasion as well? Two different sources of Evasion usually stack into Improved Evasion.

That would be a core issue. Shadow has been going through the various base classes and updating them. To my knowledge, he hasn't gotten to Rogue yet, but it's possible that when he does he will consolidate the Evasion specials. I don't know that for fact though.

ShadowChemosh July 29th, 2016 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 232738)
That would be a core issue. Shadow has been going through the various base classes and updating them. To my knowledge, he hasn't gotten to Rogue yet, but it's possible that when he does he will consolidate the Evasion specials. I don't know that for fact though.

I most likely will. Been trying to do the classes in order so Cleric was just finished/updated after Barbarian. This does mean Rogue is down the list a bit.

I am going to apologize here now. As real life is kicking my butt and I have not finished the last round of changes Colen asked me to do. So the d20 official Release with all the deities and Cleric changes is really late. Sorry.... :(

Dark Lord Galen July 29th, 2016 12:20 PM

It is all Good Shadow,
we all have suffered with that annoying interference known as the "Real World"overshadowing the more important realms... :D

Keep up the good work!:cool:

LilithSidhe August 12th, 2016 12:01 PM

Races of Destiny - Missing Spells

Hello, I'm trying to add the spell 'Friendly Face' from Races of Destiny to my Bard Spells in d20 (D&D 3.5). It's not listed. I have the Community packages with just about everything checked under Configure Hero to look for it
(including Races of Destiny) and it's still not listed. Please advise where
it is? Thank you.

LilithSidhe August 12th, 2016 12:07 PM

Gestalt - Rogue/Bard for d20 (3.5)

Hi, How do I create a Gestalt class for d20 (D&D 3.5)? Rogue/Bard? I have the Community Package with that option selected in the Configure Hero.

I spent most of the day on the forums and can't figure it out. I'm not a techy so I'm going for easy but effective and hoping not to spend all day at it. Thanks!

Sendric August 15th, 2016 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LilithSidhe (Post 233369)
Hi, How do I create a Gestalt class for d20 (D&D 3.5)? Rogue/Bard? I have the Community Package with that option selected in the Configure Hero.

I spent most of the day on the forums and can't figure it out. I'm not a techy so I'm going for easy but effective and hoping not to spend all day at it. Thanks!

Gestalt classes are actually not properly supported in d20. A few have been entered into the community set as Variant Classes, but not the rogue/bard. There is, however, a Clerical Rogue and a Clerical Bard that maybe you could look at to determine how to make a Rogue/Bard gestalt. Unfortunately, if you are looking to make a gestalt character, it's unlikely to be easy but effective at this time.

Illyahr August 26th, 2016 02:00 PM

There is hardly anthing in the Oriental Adventures file. Mind if I fill it in a bit? Some of the stuff in it is actually really good.

heinrich_krebs August 27th, 2016 08:02 AM

Hi,

I'd apprechiate if someone would fill in Summon Undead III to V.

Also, could someone implement the Thunderlance spell as a weapon. That would be awesome.

Dami August 28th, 2016 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heinrich_krebs (Post 233921)
I'd apprechiate if someone would fill in Summon Undead III to V.

The Summon Undead spells I through V all exist in the community "Spell Compendium" user file.

Sendric August 29th, 2016 04:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illyahr (Post 233905)
There is hardly anthing in the Oriental Adventures file. Mind if I fill it in a bit? Some of the stuff in it is actually really good.

Feel free. Don't do the spells, though. That's something that will be done later as part of the process of updating all spells to the new format.

Sendric August 29th, 2016 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heinrich_krebs (Post 233921)
Also, could someone implement the Thunderlance spell as a weapon. That would be awesome.

I will add this to the list of requests. In the future, please indicate source material.

Sendric August 29th, 2016 04:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dami (Post 233939)
The Summon Undead spells I through V all exist in the community "Spell Compendium" user file.

For some reason these spells were only tagged to one class each. I have resolved this. All Summon Undead spells are now properly tagged and available to all classes who get them.

Illyahr September 7th, 2016 12:16 PM

What is your take on semi-official errata? The writer of the Shadowcaster class from Tome of Magic released an update after a bit of playtesting to make it a bit less clunky.

heinrich_krebs September 8th, 2016 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dami (Post 233939)

I used the search and only got level I and II

Sendric September 8th, 2016 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heinrich_krebs (Post 234350)
I used the search and only got level I and II

The fix will be available with he next release.

Sendric September 8th, 2016 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illyahr (Post 234334)
What is your take on semi-official errata? The writer of the Shadowcaster class from Tome of Magic released an update after a bit of playtesting to make it a bit less clunky.

I don't have a strong opinion. I tend to lean towards errata as a general rule.

If people who actually play this class tend to use the errata then we should use that. How much of a change to the class is it?

Illyahr September 15th, 2016 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 234353)
I don't have a strong opinion. I tend to lean towards errata as a general rule.

If people who actually play this class tend to use the errata then we should use that. How much of a change to the class is it?

Not too much. Everyone I know recommends using it. The only big changes are to how bonus feats work and deleting the Path prerequisite tags.

Use this link: http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthr...by-Mouseferatu

Mousferatu is the writer of the class so the fix is as close to official as WotC is going to get on it.

Sendric September 16th, 2016 04:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illyahr (Post 234635)
Not too much. Everyone I know recommends using it. The only big changes are to how bonus feats work and deleting the Path prerequisite tags.

Use this link: http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthr...by-Mouseferatu

Mousferatu is the writer of the class so the fix is as close to official as WotC is going to get on it.

Then I'd be fine with making the change.

heinrich_krebs September 19th, 2016 12:59 PM

According to http://alcyius.com/dndtools/classes/ruathar/index.html the Ruathar class should increase spellcasting on every level.

Dami September 20th, 2016 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heinrich_krebs (Post 234770)
According to http://alcyius.com/dndtools/classes/ruathar/index.html the Ruathar class should increase spellcasting on every level.

That's been brought up before. You might like to look at this thread to fix it.
http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=21659

heinrich_krebs September 20th, 2016 12:53 AM

Good to know.
However those were from 2012. Shouldn't someone have fixed the files by now?