Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Class Skills for Ride Variations (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=57431)

Angela2013 January 15th, 2017 07:41 PM

Class Skills for Ride Variations

I am not sure how to do this. I have divided ride into separate categories.

Ride is for land-based. Then I have Ride (Aerial), Ride (aquatic), etc.

Needed to add a script that if Ride is a class skill it makes the others class skills as well.

Aaron January 16th, 2017 08:17 AM

Well, looking at the task list in debug, it looks like there is a script that runs at Final 1000 called "Assign Helper.ClassSkill based on ClassSkill tags on Hero" and another which runs at Final 20000 called "Calc skClsSkBon". So I think what you need to do is add an eval script on your new skills which checks for the presence of Helper.ClassSkill on the normal Ride skill (skRide) between those points. If it is present, have the skill assign Helper.ClassSkill to itself as well.

ShadowChemosh January 16th, 2017 11:08 AM

Based on Aaron's timing information. Just do this:
Code:

~ If Ride is a class skill so are we
perform hero.childfound[skRide].pulltags[Helper.ClassSkill]

I assume the next question will be how to do that. :)

The above is a little different from what Aaron said. It just pulls the Helper.ClassSkill tag from the Ride skill if present. If not present then your new skill won't become a class skill either.

Angela2013 January 17th, 2017 08:40 AM

While I used the script you had with Aaron's Final 20000 and Ride (aquatic) showed up as a class skill. Now using a human fighter with 10 for all stats, I test it out. Add 1 point to Ride and the modifier is 4, add 1 point to Ride (aquatic) and the modifier is 1.

Mathias January 17th, 2017 08:51 AM

You say "Final/20000" - does that mean that your script is AT Final/20000, and not before then?

If two scripts are at the same time, it's random which one will run first (but it will generally be consistent for a particular character, as long as that character stays loaded).

Angela2013 January 17th, 2017 09:56 AM

You were right it had to be between 1000 and 20000. So I put it at Final 2000 and it worked out right. The only hiccup (not much of a one), as the variant Ride skills have to be added manually when you go to choose them they are not blue as the other class skills. This is not too big a problem.

Mathias January 17th, 2017 10:01 AM

Just curious, why not use the editor for this?

There's an option on the skills tab labeled "Class skill if X is a class skill? - why not use that, instead of the script?" There's also an option called "Must add manually?" that you've apparently checked - why not uncheck that?

Angela2013 January 17th, 2017 10:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
These is what I get for leaping without looking.

It was there all the time on the skills.

Everything is perfect now.

ShadowChemosh January 17th, 2017 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mathias (Post 241751)
There's an option on the skills tab labeled "Class skill if X is a class skill?

I didn't know that existed either actually. I do very little with skills. Even the Community Pack adds only like 3 skills total I think. :o

Mathias January 17th, 2017 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 241758)
I didn't know that existed either actually. I do very little with skills. Even the Community Pack adds only like 3 skills total I think. :o

It was added for the Artistry and Lore skills in Pathfinder Unchained (and I'm the one who added those rules), but I had forgotten about it, myself - I was looking at the skills tab because Angela2013 mentioned having to add these skills manually, to look up what settings would change that, and that's when I was reminded of that option.