Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Realm Works Feature Requests (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   Move Snippets up or down (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=53738)

Venger September 2nd, 2015 08:04 AM

Move Snippets up or down

Hello
Sorry if this has been posted before.

It would be nice to be able to move a snippet up or down, you know, just in case you write something new, or pasting in from a PDF and then realize it would be better suited up higher or lower in the order, kind-of-thing

Cutting and pasting is not a problem though having "move snippet" could make rearranging text fun and easy to do

That's my 2 bits.... oh and.... I like RW, and will continue using it for my campaigns.

THANKS!

Silveras September 2nd, 2015 08:32 AM

You can drag and drop snippets up and down, within a section or between them.

I usually "grab" it by the "Reveal" bubble, myself.

MNBlockHead September 2nd, 2015 08:33 PM

Maybe it is my OCD nature, but I don't like clicking on the bubble and risk changing the reveal setting. I just click and hold on the gray space below the bubble to move snippets around. Perhaps it goes without saying, but this only works when you are in edit mode.

Venger September 3rd, 2015 09:00 AM

Oh!! Yes I see! Awesome!

Ok then this post may be deleted...

Thanks!

Farling September 3rd, 2015 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MNBlockHead (Post 215152)
Maybe it is my OCD nature, but I don't like clicking on the bubble and risk changing the reveal setting.

Clicking on the bubble accidentally be undone by clicking on the button again. The changed state of the bubble isn't seen by anyone else until you sync the realm up to the server.

MNBlockHead September 3rd, 2015 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farling (Post 215176)
Clicking on the bubble accidentally be undone by clicking on the button again. The changed state of the bubble isn't seen by anyone else until you sync the realm up to the server.

Yeah, but that's an extra click. And what if I don't notice it. I'll stay comfortably in the gray. :-)

Vargr September 3rd, 2015 08:39 PM

I believe LW is aware of the "move by the orb and un-intentionally change the state"-problem.

I believe it is on their list of minor things that gradually will be addressed.

MNBlockHead September 4th, 2015 02:48 PM

Not sure what they need to address, you can click on the gray area below the orb. No need to click on the orb. Maybe add a "grip" graphic somewhere to make it more obvious that you can grab and drag.

Vargr September 4th, 2015 10:36 PM

@MNBlockHead:

It is more that it is easy to do it wrongly and I believe there is a human tendency to grab the orb rather than the "nothingness" next to it.

Actually I was confounded by it and reported it as a bug :-)

Anyhow, as I stated, one of the minor things that would be neat to have addressed but which in no way should be prioritized. I imagine they will be tinkering in that corner of the machine room one day doing something unrelated and then they might hammer that nail all the way in. :-)

Acenoid September 5th, 2015 01:05 AM

You can also do the same "drag" operatio using the "wrench" on the right side of the snippet? No "reveal" problems here. However I would like to have shortcuts to move the snippets up down :)