Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   Race Coding assistance (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=56723)

Mjolnirh October 5th, 2016 06:28 AM

Race Coding assistance

I am Creating the Githzarei as a player race.
in the version I am using you choose one of the following as innate psionics at 1st level feather fall, jump, or shield and then one of the other two at 3rd level.

Fist question:
for the bootstrap condition count:Classes.Ranger >= 3
what is the value for all classes ie. count:Classes.all >= 3 or count:Classes.any >= 3

second question how do i code those choices as picks when those level requirements are met?

TheEnthusiast October 6th, 2016 07:39 PM

From the authoring Tutorial:

if (#totallevelcount[] >= 3) then
do something
endif

I didn't quite understand the second question. The player gets to choose a spell? Or are you asking how to add them once he gets the level?

Mjolnirh October 7th, 2016 03:49 AM

They are innate psionic abilities. At first level they choose one of the thee choices. Then at 3rd one of the remaining 2.

ShadowChemosh October 7th, 2016 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mjolnirh (Post 235810)
They are innate psionic abilities. At first level they choose one of the thee choices. Then at 3rd one of the remaining 2.

This would be better served by using Custom Abilites assigned to your class. Then setup the Custom Ability array values of zero = 1, two = 2 on your Class Helper.

That will be WAY easier than using bootstrap conditions.

Mjolnirh October 7th, 2016 11:53 AM

Great! I'll give that a shot thank you :)

Mjolnirh October 11th, 2016 06:53 AM

for some reason (#totallevelcount[] >= 3) didn't work out in the bootstrap condition, however (count:Classes.? >= 3) works, I found that in the varient racial trait tab, Devils tongue for the Tiefling uses the method I was looking for.

Thanks for your Help!! :)

Hollis October 13th, 2016 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mjolnirh (Post 236022)
for some reason (#totallevelcount[] >= 3) didn't work out in the bootstrap condition, however (count:Classes.? >= 3) works, I found that in the varient racial trait tab, Devils tongue for the Tiefling uses the method I was looking for.

Thanks for your Help!! :)

The condition on a bootstrapped item is a tag expression, not a script. Macros can only be called from a script.

Mjolnirh November 4th, 2016 07:18 PM

Coding assistance

trying to add a text value to a text field in an eval script

if (#totallevelcount[] >= 7) then
hero.child[iThaas].field[wDamExtra].text["plus 1d6 radiant"]
endif

can't seem to get this to parse

I also tried

hero.child[iThaas].field[wDamExtra].text = hero.child[iThaas].field[wDamExtra].text = "plus 1d6 radiant"

Mergon November 4th, 2016 07:55 PM

This is the macro for extradamage also:

#extradamage[target weapon,damage text,source's name]

Mjolnirh November 4th, 2016 08:43 PM

if (#totallevelcount[] >= 8) then
#extradamage[hero.child[iThaas], " plus 1d6 radiant", field[thingname].text]
endif

Brilliant! Thank You Mergon!