Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Pathfinder Community Packs (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=51966)

HavocXIII June 13th, 2015 07:13 PM

How does the "weapon range increase" permanent adjustment work? Actually a lot of the permanent adjustments that should select a specific weapon don't give me any options to choose from.

Fenelthin June 14th, 2015 02:53 PM

(posted wrongly. my apologies)

Fenelthin June 14th, 2015 03:00 PM

Problem loading the 3PP

I'm having an odd issue that I'm sure is quite easy to solve. But, I've read through the forums and ReadMe a few times and find myself at an impasse.

I had to factory reset my laptop but I managed to back up my portfolios folder for HL. After I reinstalled and reactivated, I went back and downloaded the 3PP thinking that would get me back to being able to load my characters. Most recently, I've been playing an Elan Aegis, but when I went to load him in HL, it said all the sources were missing.

I tried re-downloading and importing the 3PP, reactivating my license just in case, restarting HL a couple times to no avail. The items aren't listed in the Configure Hero list of sources for me to activate either. So, when I go to look at the list of classes in HL, no Death Mage, no Dragon Rider & no Aegis.

I feel dumb and lost.

ShadowChemosh June 14th, 2015 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HavocXIII (Post 210745)
How does the "weapon range increase" permanent adjustment work? Actually a lot of the permanent adjustments that should select a specific weapon don't give me any options to choose from.

Do you mean the "Weapon Range Increment" as I can't find any adjustment called "Weapon Range Increase".

If so you add it to your character and from the Dropdown select the weapon you wish to change its Range Increment. Then set the counter to a + or - the value you wish to do. So if you wanted a Dagger to be 15ft you would add a "dagger" to your character. Then on the adjustment select that Dagger and set the counter to "+5".

ShadowChemosh June 14th, 2015 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fenelthin (Post 210794)
I'm having an odd issue that I'm sure is quite easy to solve. But, I've read through the forums and ReadMe a few times and find myself at an impasse.

I had to factory reset my laptop but I managed to back up my portfolios folder for HL. After I reinstalled and reactivated, I went back and downloaded the 3PP thinking that would get me back to being able to load my characters. Most recently, I've been playing an Elan Aegis, but when I went to load him in HL, it said all the sources were missing.

I tried re-downloading and importing the 3PP, reactivating my license just in case, restarting HL a couple times to no avail. The items aren't listed in the Configure Hero list of sources for me to activate either. So, when I go to look at the list of classes in HL, no Death Mage, no Dragon Rider & no Aegis.

I feel dumb and lost.

My guess is your getting an "Error" message when you load Pathfinder. Once that happens HL goes into Safe Mode and does not load any .user files (ie Packs).

So restart HL and Pathfinder. If you get any error messages RIGHT click and select copy on the window. Then past the errors here and we can see if we can figure out what is going on.

thanks

Fenelthin June 14th, 2015 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 210796)
My guess is your getting an "Error" message when you load Pathfinder. Once that happens HL goes into Safe Mode and does not load any .user files (ie Packs).

So restart HL and Pathfinder. If you get any error messages RIGHT click and select copy on the window. Then past the errors here and we can see if we can figure out what is going on.

thanks

You called it. Here's the error message:

The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

The following errors occurred:

Syntax error in 'eval' script for Thing 'rCBAshGian' (Eval Script '#1') on line 2
-> Non-existent thing 'raAshDisea' used by script
Syntax error in 'pre-requisite rule' script for Thing 'tmAP80CadC' on line 1
-> Non-existent thing 'tmZomJuju' referenced by script

HavocXIII June 14th, 2015 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 210795)
Do you mean the "Weapon Range Increment" as I can't find any adjustment called "Weapon Range Increase".

If so you add it to your character and from the Dropdown select the weapon you wish to change its Range Increment. Then set the counter to a + or - the value you wish to do. So if you wanted a Dagger to be 15ft you would add a "dagger" to your character. Then on the adjustment select that Dagger and set the counter to "+5".

Err yes it was increment sorry about that. Maybe it's just the iPad version but it doesn't give you a dropdown with that one or a number of other ones that should.

ShadowChemosh June 14th, 2015 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fenelthin (Post 210797)
You called it. Here's the error message:

The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

Syntax error in 'eval' script for Thing 'rCBAshGian' (Eval Script '#1') on line 2
-> Non-existent thing 'raAshDisea' used by script
Syntax error in 'pre-requisite rule' script for Thing 'tmAP80CadC' on line 1
-> Non-existent thing 'tmZomJuju' referenced by script

So this looks like you installed the GM Pack not the 3PP Pack and don't have the minimum requirements for it. So start HL and go to "Tools->Manage Third Party Updates" and see if you have installed the GM Pack instead of the 3PP Pack. If so delete the GM Pack and then download and install the 3PP Pack fresh.

ShadowChemosh June 14th, 2015 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HavocXIII (Post 210798)
Err yes it was increment sorry about that. Maybe it's just the iPad version but it doesn't give you a dropdown with that one or a number of other ones that should.

You are correct the iPad has a bug in it. This is an official LW bug actually as only on the iPad does an adjustment NOT have the dropdown.

I will report that. Until its fixed you will need to put the adjustment on the "adjust" tab instead. :(

Update: I have put in an official bug report about this issue and a several others dealing with Adjustments and they way they are getting displayed on the iPad and iPad only.

Fenelthin June 16th, 2015 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 210799)
So this looks like you installed the GM Pack not the 3PP Pack and don't have the minimum requirements for it. So start HL and go to "Tools->Manage Third Party Updates" and see if you have installed the GM Pack instead of the 3PP Pack. If so delete the GM Pack and then download and install the 3PP Pack fresh.

That did it! Thank you so much!

ShadowChemosh June 16th, 2015 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fenelthin (Post 210898)
That did it! Thank you so much!

Sweet! Glad its working! :D

direinsomniac June 17th, 2015 09:08 AM

Every time I try to download the 3pp Community Pack, Hero Lab crashes.

Shadow, I sent the latest crash report to you via email, since it is apparently too long to post here.

ShadowChemosh June 17th, 2015 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by direinsomniac (Post 210979)
Every time I try to download the 3pp Community Pack, Hero Lab crashes.

Shadow, I sent the latest crash report to you via email, since it is apparently too long to post here.

Ok did see that. So HL has two sides one being the Game system (ie Pathfinder) and the second is the Binary program that runs on Windows/Mac.

The dump you sent me was from the Binary Program side which I can't do anything about. I can help with the Game System side only.

Anytime Hero Lab software does not start then you need to email LW support@wolflair.com

Quintain June 17th, 2015 06:21 PM

Shadow, how would you like me to direct questions regarding the use of the SourceTree software?

I have a couple files that I have modified that I'd like to commit and push to the master source. Unfortunately, I'm having what I think is less than good luck doing so.

Dwayne June 17th, 2015 07:29 PM

Any plans to add the kingdom building books from Legendary Games? Ultimate Rulership would be great.

Musrum June 18th, 2015 12:36 AM

Quote:

File: COM_3PPPack_PathOfWarEx - Tags.1st (line 20) - Tag Group 'DarkFocus' - Referenced tag group 'Discipline' does not exist
File: COM_3PPPack_PathOfWarEx - Tags.1st (line 25) - Tag Group 'PoWFreeMan' - Referenced tag group 'Discipline' does not exist
Any idea with this one?

TheIronGolem June 18th, 2015 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Musrum (Post 211026)
Any idea with this one?

That's my stuff so I'll take a look at it tonight, but in the meantime I'd speculate that maybe you didn't enable Path of War along with Path of War Expanded? It's complaining because the PoWEx package is trying to use a tag group defined in the vanilla PoW package and not finding it.

catman123456 June 18th, 2015 09:18 AM

Elemental flux error

1 Attachment(s)
The ranger animal companion is showing having the feat. Even when nothing is selected.

TheIronGolem June 18th, 2015 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catman123456 (Post 211042)
The ranger animal companion is showing having the feat. Even when nothing is selected.

Added to the bug list. Freaking Elemental Flux never stops vexing me...

ShadowChemosh June 18th, 2015 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quintain (Post 211007)
Shadow, how would you like me to direct questions regarding the use of the SourceTree software?

I have a couple files that I have modified that I'd like to commit and push to the master source. Unfortunately, I'm having what I think is less than good luck doing so.

If you can post to the Standards Thread in the User forum that would be great. Provide as much detail/pics as you can as I have a better chance of helping then. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dwayne (Post 211011)
Any plans to add the kingdom building books from Legendary Games? Ultimate Rulership would be great.

Yes I have the PDF's but have not had time yet to look at adding any of it or really reading it in depth yet. But I would like to... :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Musrum (Post 211026)
Any idea with this one?
File: COM_3PPPack_PathOfWarEx - Tags.1st (line 20) - Tag Group 'DarkFocus' - Referenced tag group 'Discipline' does not exist
File: COM_3PPPack_PathOfWarEx - Tags.1st (line 25) - Tag Group 'PoWFreeMan' - Referenced tag group 'Discipline' does not exist

I tested the 3PP Pack on my iPad with a fresh download/install and it worked fine so that means I didn't screw up making the Pack. So my suggestion on a fix is to download the 3PP Pack again fresh and let it install. Sometimes the installer or download gets messed up. See if that helps. If not I can walk you through manually loading that file.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheIronGolem (Post 211040)
That's my stuff so I'll take a look at it tonight, but in the meantime I'd speculate that maybe you didn't enable Path of War along with Path of War Expanded? It's complaining because the PoWEx package is trying to use a tag group defined in the vanilla PoW package and not finding it.

For info .1st files load before anything else and don't care about "Sources". So the tags should load without issues. Meaning most likely somehow the file itself "COM_3PPPack_PathOfWarEx - Tags.1st" didn't install correctly from the package. :(

The last crazy thing would be for some reason his system is loading the files backwards and loading "COM_3PPPack_PathOfWarEx - Tags.1st" before loading COM_3PPPack_PathOfWar - Tags.1st file. Which I have no idea why it would do that...

Vorgen June 19th, 2015 02:28 AM

I get that problem about the Path of War tags all the time. In order to fix it, I move the following lines out of COM_3PPPack_PathOfWarEx - Tags.1st:

Code:

<!--The DarkFocus tag group is used to denote disciplines that have been selected by the Harbinger's Dark Focus ability-->
  <group id="DarkFocus" name="Dark Focus Disc."
    inherit="Discipline">
  </group>

<!--PoWFreeMan indicates that maneuvers from the tagged discipline can be readied without counting against the normal maneuver count (such as with the Harbinger capstone ability)-->
  <group id="PoWFreeMan" name="Free Maneuvers"
    inherit="Discipline">
  </group>

And copy them into COM_3PPPack_PathOfWar - Tags.1st. (note the absence of Ex) I don't know why this works, but I know it does.

ShadowChemosh June 19th, 2015 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vorgen (Post 211092)
I get that problem about the Path of War tags all the time. In order to fix it, I move the following lines out of COM_3PPPack_PathOfWarEx - Tags.1st:

Code:

<!--The DarkFocus tag group is used to denote disciplines that have been selected by the Harbinger's Dark Focus ability-->
  <group id="DarkFocus" name="Dark Focus Disc."
    inherit="Discipline">
  </group>

<!--PoWFreeMan indicates that maneuvers from the tagged discipline can be readied without counting against the normal maneuver count (such as with the Harbinger capstone ability)-->
  <group id="PoWFreeMan" name="Free Maneuvers"
    inherit="Discipline">
  </group>

And copy them into COM_3PPPack_PathOfWar - Tags.1st. (note the absence of Ex) I don't know why this works, but I know it does.

What kind of computer are you on? Windows Mac? Version? Do you have another language setup?

It should be loading PathOfWar FIRST as PathOfWarEx comes AFTER in standard ASCII sorts.

Vorgen June 21st, 2015 11:42 PM

I'm on ubuntu linux and I'm running Hero Lab through WINE. If file listing order is an issue, here is the list of my Path of war-related files in the order they appear on my computer when sorting by name:

Code:

COM_3PPPack_PathOfWar - Adjustments.user
COM_3PPPack_PathOfWar - Archetypes.user
COM_3PPPack_PathOfWar - Classes.user
COM_3PPPack_PathOfWar - Components.str
COM_3PPPack_PathOfWar - Editor.dat
COM_3PPPack_PathOfWar - Equipment.user
COM_3PPPack_PathOfWarEx - Adjustments.user
COM_3PPPack_PathOfWarEx - Classes.user
COM_3PPPack_PathOfWarEx - Feats.user
COM_3PPPack_PathOfWarEx - Helper Things.user
COM_3PPPack_PathOfWarEx - Maneuvers.user
COM_3PPPack_PathOfWarEx - Tags.1st
COM_3PPPack_PathOfWar - Feats.user
COM_3PPPack_PathOfWar - Helper Things.user
COM_3PPPack_PathOfWar - Manuevers.user
COM_3PPPack_PathOfWar - Martial Traditions.user
COM_3PPPack_PathOfWar - Procedures.user
COM_3PPPack_PathOfWar - Skills.user
COM_3PPPack_PathOfWar - Tags.1st

After doing some searching, it seems that ubuntu linux ignores spaces and non-alpha-numeric characters when sorting files by name, so all Ubuntu sees is this:

Code:

COM_3PPPack_PathOfWarAdjustments.user
COM_3PPPack_PathOfWarArchetypes.user
COM_3PPPack_PathOfWarClasses.user
COM_3PPPack_PathOfWarComponents.str
COM_3PPPack_PathOfWarEditor.dat
COM_3PPPack_PathOfWarEquipment.user
COM_3PPPack_PathOfWarExAdjustments.user
COM_3PPPack_PathOfWarExClasses.user
COM_3PPPack_PathOfWarExFeats.user
COM_3PPPack_PathOfWarExHelperThings.user
COM_3PPPack_PathOfWarExManeuvers.user
COM_3PPPack_PathOfWarExTags.1st
COM_3PPPack_PathOfWarFeats.user
COM_3PPPack_PathOfWarHelperThings.user
COM_3PPPack_PathOfWarManuevers.user
COM_3PPPack_PathOfWarMartialTraditions.user
COM_3PPPack_PathOfWarProcedures.user
COM_3PPPack_PathOfWarSkills.user
COM_3PPPack_PathOfWarTags.1st

That's why it puts the Path of War "Ex" files after "COM_3PPPack_PathOfWar - Equipment.user" and before "COM_3PPPack_PathOfWar - Feats.user". And that different sort behavior messes up loading these files on ubuntu linux.

Wow. So obscure.

Farling June 21st, 2015 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vorgen (Post 211316)
I'm on linux and I'm running Hero Lab through WINE. If file listing order is an issue, here is the list of my Path of war-related files in the order they appear on my computer when sorting by name:

Code:

This looks like WINE might be presenting the 8.3 version of each name (remember DOS?) rather than the full filename! (or even that WINE is removing the " - " from the filename.)

This would need to be raised as a bug with the WINE team.

ShadowChemosh June 22nd, 2015 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vorgen (Post 211316)
I'm on ubuntu linux and I'm running Hero Lab through WINE. If file listing order is an issue, here is the list of my Path of war-related files in the order they appear on my computer when sorting by name:

Code:

After doing some searching, it seems that ubuntu linux ignores spaces and non-alpha-numeric characters when sorting files by name, so all Ubuntu sees is this:

Code:

COM_3PPPack_PathOfWarAdjustments.user
COM_3PPPack_PathOfWarArchetypes.user
COM_3PPPack_PathOfWarClasses.user
COM_3PPPack_PathOfWarComponents.str
COM_3PPPack_PathOfWarEditor.dat
COM_3PPPack_PathOfWarEquipment.user
COM_3PPPack_PathOfWarExAdjustments.user
COM_3PPPack_PathOfWarExClasses.user
COM_3PPPack_PathOfWarExFeats.user
COM_3PPPack_PathOfWarExHelperThings.user
COM_3PPPack_PathOfWarExManeuvers.user
COM_3PPPack_PathOfWarExTags.1st
COM_3PPPack_PathOfWarFeats.user
COM_3PPPack_PathOfWarHelperThings.user
COM_3PPPack_PathOfWarManuevers.user
COM_3PPPack_PathOfWarMartialTraditions.user
COM_3PPPack_PathOfWarProcedures.user
COM_3PPPack_PathOfWarSkills.user
COM_3PPPack_PathOfWarTags.1st

That's why it puts the Path of War "Ex" files after "COM_3PPPack_PathOfWar - Equipment.user" and before "COM_3PPPack_PathOfWar - Feats.user". And that different sort behavior messes up loading these files on ubuntu linux.

Wow. So obscure.

Well that would be the cause then. I have already taken steps to prevent this "load" order issue in the next release this month. So going forward you shouldn't have to make file changes after you load. I forgot about those running on Linux and was only thinking of files running on Windows/Mac.

Will keep this in mind for future additions. :)

Quintain June 28th, 2015 06:44 AM

I'm getting the following error with the 'Blue' race in Ultimate Psionics when trying to add the alternate Racial trait of 'Goblinoid Camoflage'.

Tag group 'AbReplace' does not possess tag 'raBlueRepl' that is copied from group 'RaReplace'
Location: 'eval' script for Component 'CanRepRaAb' (Eval Script 'Forward RaReplace') near line 21

psych777 June 28th, 2015 07:32 AM

doing it with the Kinslayer and Psionic Prodigy as well.
it looks like it is referencing a 'Blue' version of the Repletion ability...but i can't find that anywhere so either its been removed or hiding somewhere i can't find...

edit: looks like the Blue race is pointing to the Elan Repletion...maybe there were separate ones before...

ShadowChemosh June 28th, 2015 09:43 AM

The Blue and Elan ARTs have been fixed in the last commit. I also went through all the UP races and fixed them quick also.

Quintain June 29th, 2015 06:14 PM

Is anyone working on the archtypes for the tactician?

Silveras July 1st, 2015 06:48 PM

Hey Shadow, it looks like the new 11.7 official package has a clash with the Community tags... I am sure you're planning to prep a new Community release anyway, but here's what I'm seeing:

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeroLab

File: COM_BasicPack - Tags.1st (line 86) - Tag Group - Duplicate record encountered ('DragonAge')

ShadowChemosh July 1st, 2015 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silveras (Post 211940)
Hey Shadow, it looks like the new 11.7 official package has a clash with the Community tags... I am sure you're planning to prep a new Community release anyway, but here's what I'm seeing:

Thanks. Finally just got onto the fourms and see the new update. It's way too late now to get all the Packs created/Packaged up tonight. Sorry it will have to wait until tomorrow night. :(

Sinlesssoul July 1st, 2015 07:44 PM

Please hurry Shadow!! Your loyal hero lab members need you :)

Silveras July 1st, 2015 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 211942)
Thanks. Finally just got onto the fourms and see the new update. It's way too late now to get all the Packs created/Packaged up tonight. Sorry it will have to wait until tomorrow night. :(

Not a big issue for me, and I figured that by posting what I saw at least some people would be warned and wait until you have a chance to prep an update.

While I am at it, I commented out that tag group in the file (as I expect it would only be needed if I am using the Community Bestiaries.. and I am not. That led to another:

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeroLab
File: COM_BasicPack_ShadowChemosh - Equipment.user (line 233) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('ioGoodberr')

I also commented out that, and was able to load my working portfolio without further errors.

Krothos July 1st, 2015 10:16 PM

I received an duplicate error regarding DragonAge, which I'm assuming is caused by the "new" tag LW is now using in their Bestiaries.

TobyFox2002 July 2nd, 2015 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krothos (Post 211950)
I received an duplicate error regarding DragonAge, which I'm assuming is caused by the "new" tag LW is now using in their Bestiaries.

That and Goodberry from the ShadowChemosh's Equipment file, if you comment out the relavant xml code using notepad or notepad ++ the files work fine. I think they are working on the issue.

Ezekiul05 July 2nd, 2015 10:16 AM

I tried that

I tried commenting out the problem code but once it got to the point of modifying more than four files I gave up the will to keep going

ShadowChemosh July 2nd, 2015 12:42 PM

The following Packs have been updated. For details click the links:
Highlights:
1) Fixed load error with Pathfinder v11.7
-File: COM_BasicPack - Tags.1st (line 86) - Tag Group - Duplicate record encountered ('DragonAge')
-File: COM_BasicPack_ShadowChemosh - Equipment.user (line 233) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('ioGoodberr')

2) More Path of War Expanded archetypes and maneuvers added! :D

3) "Master of Many Styles" archetype for the Unchained Monk added.

4) More feats and equipment from Races of Eberron added!

5) Ultimate Psionics - New feats and archetypes added!

Daijin July 2nd, 2015 01:16 PM

File: COM_GMPack_Frumple - Adjustments.user (line 283) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('pJump')

This file is dated 2/25/15. Is it part of the packs or is it something needing removed :confused:

mao x yang July 2nd, 2015 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daijin (Post 212002)

File: COM_GMPack_Frumple - Adjustments.user (line 283) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('pJump')

This file is dated 2/25/15. Is it part of the packs or is it something needing removed :confused:

a workaround to use untill Frumple can fix it

is to re name it jump + 10 and to make the id p jump10 don't forget to test and save it!

ShadowChemosh July 2nd, 2015 06:39 PM

The following Packs have been updated. For details click the links:
Highlights:
1) Fixed load error with Pathfinder v11.7
-Fixed: "File: COM_GMPack_Frumple - Adjustments.user (line 283) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('pJump')"