Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - d20 System (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Version 5.3 of the d20 System data files are now available! (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=50798)

Colen September 22nd, 2014 02:20 PM

Version 5.3 of the d20 System data files are now available!

Hi everyone,

Thanks again to Tim Shadow, an update is now available for the d20 data files! This update includes the following changes:

Enhancements & Changes
  • Added missing values to the Base Summary tab including: BAB, Size, and Reach.
  • In-Play tab has been re-worked to better organize the display. Sections have been renamed including "Charges" to "Tracked Resources", "Charges" broken out to "Activated Abilities", and "Equipped Weapons and Armor" moved to the bottom. This makes d20 match Pathfinder layout and gives more flexibility. See "Data File Authoring" on notes on how to work with the new layout.
  • Added an "other" gender option, allowing you to enter a custom gender for the character.

Bug Fixes
  • The following races were getting double bonuses from having a climb speed: Fiendish Dire Rat, Lizard.
  • The Formian race was not correctly bootstrapping the Damage Resistance, Sonic ability.
  • The Halfling Racial save bonus was incorrectly stating that the bonus to all saves was +2 (instead of +1) in the description.
  • The Elf (Drow) race stated gets a +2 to all saves vs spell like abilities/spells, actually only gets that bonus to Will saves.
  • The Whale races lacked a special stating -4 Listen/Spot penalty if their Blindsense is negated.
  • The Lizardfolk race was gaining the Common language by default.
  • The Druid's Wild Shape ability was not using the hTotal field to generate its name and description, so adding charges to it would not cause the name to change.
  • Updated all the Druid class abilities with the full text from the SRD.
  • The Paladin's Smite Evil ability was not using the hTotal field to generate its name and description, so adding charges to it would not cause the name to change.
  • Updated all the Paladin class abilities with the full text from the SRD.
  • Paladin Smite Evil can now be activated on the In-Play tab.
  • The Shot on the Run feat had an incorrect pre-req, stating it needed a BAB of +1 instead of +4.
  • The Glove of Storing was not a container.
  • The Scabbard of Keen Edges was not a container.
  • Attempt to access field 'cSpellExpr' that does not exist for thing fixed for races that have Racial Spells like the Solar.
  • Fixed the "Monster Classes" that where setup with Racial Spells like the Pixie.
  • Werewolf template was not taking into account the base animals BAB. See "Data File Authoring" notes on full details of change.
  • The turn/rebuke setting on the Cleric tab was not being set correctly for non-neutral clerics and clerics of non-neutral deities.

Data File Authoring
  • Tags that control settings on the In-Play tab have been re-worked.
  • Helper.CustCharge - Allows for user entered text to be entered on the In-Play tab under "Tracked Resources".
  • Helper.ClSpecChg & Helper.ShowCharge - Both work the same now so that we are backwards compatable. Going forward only Helper.ShowCharge should be used which forces a Thing to show up on the In-Play tab under "Tracked Resources".
  • Helper.ClSpecChg - This is tag is deprecated and should no longer be used. Please use "Helper.ShowCharge" instead. While it will continue to work on existing Things the editor's "Class Special" tab will not show "Show in Tracked Resources list?" unless you have the the Helper.ShowCharge tag assigned.
  • Helper.ShowActAb1 & Helper.ShowActAb2 - Show on Activated Ability section of the "In-Play" tab. These tags get applied to the pick if the hName1 or hName2 field text is not empty before Final/50000. You should not assign these yourself in scripts. You can use them if you need to find an ability that has an activation or not.
  • Usage.? - Usage tags are for abilities that are usable a specific number of times in a given period. In example a paladin smite is usable 1/day at level 1. To mimic this now you would set a "Base Charge" field[hTotal].value to a one and place a Usage.Day tag onto the Class Ability. This will cause HL to display "Smite Evil (1/day)" on the Specials and In-Play tab. Note I added a drop down of the Usage Tags inside the editor to make this easy to use. This tag is dynamic which means you can add/create your own new tags.
  • #totalcharges[] - New macro added for easy adding to a Things hTotal field. This is the same as doing hero.childfound[#pick].field[hTotal].value.
  • Turning.Turn and Turning.Rebuke - These new tags can be assigned to the xTurning ability when it gets bootstrapped. This tells the xTurning special ability if our class Turns or Rebukes undead. This is assigned by the Paladin class in example as it can only Turn Undead. The cleric class assigns either Turn/Rebuke tags to the xTurning helper before Post-Attributes/50000. For a working example look at the cleric class special "Turn / Rebuke Undead".
  • Turning.? - This tag will get forwarded from the xTurning helper Thing to the hero at Post-Attributes/50000. This allows feats to easily test for the specific type of Turning that a character can do in a pre-req. In example hero.tagis[Turning.Turn] <> 0 would test to make sure a character can Turn Undead.
  • LycanForm procedure has been enhanced to accept a new parm called "v_BAB" that allows setting the base attack bonus of the Lycanthrope's base animal form. So in example the Werewolf would set this value to +1 as that is the BAB of a natural wolf. This bonus is applied in all three forums.
  • Magic Items (Potions, Rings, Rods, Staffs, Wands, and Wondrous items) can now be tagged with "Helper.Helper" tag to cause them not to display on the Magic tab list as selectable.
  • Editor tabs for (Potions, Rings, Rods, Staffs, Wands, and Wondrous items) has changed with a new option called "Helper Thing Only?" that will assign "Helper.Helper" when check marked.

Sendric September 23rd, 2014 06:18 AM

Awesome! Thanks Shadow and Colen!

Sendric September 23rd, 2014 06:25 AM

I see you fixed the Scabbard of Keen Edges and the Glove of Storing, however, the Portable Hole remains unmarked as a container (fixed in the community set, though).

Also, with the addition of the Turning.? tags, for which I am grateful, I am running into a situation where feats of the Divine category have a pre-determined pre-req of Turn Undead. However, some of these feats require only Rebuke Undead. Is it possible to turn off a feat's automatic pre-req so that I can replace it with one that looks for the Turning.Rebuke tag instead? This feature exists on weapons (Don't generate pre-requisite?).

Sendric September 23rd, 2014 07:12 AM

The Paladin's mount does not seem to be getting Improved Speed or Command as special abilities as the Paladin rises in level.

ShadowChemosh September 23rd, 2014 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 193702)
The Paladin's mount does not seem to be getting Improved Speed or Command as special abilities as the Paladin rises in level.

Thanks for the bug report.

ShadowChemosh September 23rd, 2014 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 193696)
I see you fixed the Scabbard of Keen Edges and the Glove of Storing, however, the Portable Hole remains unmarked as a container (fixed in the community set, though).

Thanks for the bug report!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 193696)
Also, with the addition of the Turning.? tags, for which I am grateful, I am running into a situation where feats of the Divine category have a pre-determined pre-req of Turn Undead. However, some of these feats require only Rebuke Undead. Is it possible to turn off a feat's automatic pre-req so that I can replace it with one that looks for the Turning.Rebuke tag instead? This feature exists on weapons (Don't generate pre-requisite?).

So my thought was that Hero.TurnUndead (I think that is the tag) is still assigned to the Hero which is what the feat is looking for with background scripts. Then you would add a second specific pre-req that is "hero.tagis[Turning.Rebuke] <> 0" with an error message. So if no xTurning on the character the player will get two error messages. If they have xTurning but its Turn Undead they will only get one error message.

So the background script says "Yes I have Class Ability Turn Undead" and then you can add logic to look specifically for Turn Undead or Rebuke Undead.

That was my thought. If that is not working out then we can take a second look.

Sendric September 23rd, 2014 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 193722)
So my thought was that Hero.TurnUndead (I think that is the tag) is still assigned to the Hero which is what the feat is looking for with background scripts. Then you would add a second specific pre-req that is "hero.tagis[Turning.Rebuke] <> 0" with an error message. So if no xTurning on the character the player will get two error messages. If they have xTurning but its Turn Undead they will only get one error message.

So the background script says "Yes I have Class Ability Turn Undead" and then you can add logic to look specifically for Turn Undead or Rebuke Undead.

That was my thought. If that is not working out then we can take a second look.

Ok. I can work with that. Thanks.

Kendall-DM September 26th, 2014 09:56 AM

Did you add a xSmiteEvil special, because now I'm getting a duplicate with the one I made?

EDIT: Nevermind, I guess you added it for charges, while mine was just as an ability. Collision repair for me!

ShadowChemosh September 26th, 2014 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kendall-DM (Post 193980)
Did you add a xSmiteEvil special, because now I'm getting a duplicate with the one I made?

EDIT: Nevermind, I guess you added it for charges, while mine was just as an ability. Collision repair for me!

Cool all good? As you saw I did add one to the CORE files (xSmiteGood & xSmiteEvil). This issue should not come up very often except with a few of the core classes/feats. As I can't actually add anything past the stuff in the SRD to HL.

Just a note that once I add in real creature Types and Subtypes I could "maybe" clash with the community stuff. I will try my best to use a different Unique ID so that Things can be transitioned over to Types/Subtypes as the community has time.

Something for you guys to be thinking about is new mechanics that are needed to support something in a book. While I can't add the "data" I can add the functionality.

Kendall-DM September 26th, 2014 02:42 PM

There wasn't an xSmiteEvil in the CORE stuff before now. I know, I added mine, now I have two, yours and the one I created. It's an easy fix, since I think that both do the same thing. It's all good, this will happen as things get cleaned up, and that is a good thing indeed.