Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   PFS Boons? (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=65539)

Pooptickler March 15th, 2021 01:58 PM

PFS Boons?

So there's a thing here to put PFS Boons on your character, but I'm not really sure what to do with it.
I want to put the Ghoul Bloodline on a Bloodrager, mostly to see how it works, but I can't see any options after clicking on it in my Configure window.
What do I do?

Minous March 15th, 2021 03:07 PM

Where is that boon from, and what does it say?

Pooptickler March 23rd, 2021 04:00 PM

I'm really sorry for the drop, I've been looking all week for the scenario.
Turns out it's a Convention Boon.
Regardless, here you go.
Fighting off Corruption (Ghoul)
Golarion's history is rife with both loathsome evil and the heroic forces that keep villainy in check. Whether you suffer from an ancestral curse that is only now manifesting, a terrible affliction you acquired on an adventure, or a similar malady, your body and soul now struggle against corruption. You may apply this boon at the beginning of a scenario, at which point you immediately gain its penalty. Once per scenario, you can attempt to fulfill one of the associated tasks in any order, though the final task must be performed last. Once you have completed all of the associated tasks, you have cleansed yourself of the corruption, no longer suffer its penalty, and gain the listed benefit.
A PC may only benefit from one Fighting Off Corruption boon.

Ghoul: You engaged in cannibalism or barely survived a case of ghoul fever.
Penalty: Reduce the amount of healing you receive from spells and effects by 1 per die.
☐ Task: Spend an adventure fasting, eating only infrequently enough to stay aive. For the entire adventure, you have the sickened condition. Partway through the adventure at a time determined by the GM, you must attempt a DC 10 Constitution check or DC 20 Will save. If you succeed, you stave off hunger and the urge to eat. If you fail, you compulsively begin eating anything at hand, causing you to fail this task during this adventure.
☐ Task: Defeat an undead creature whose CR is at least 2 higher than your character level.
☐ Final Task: Receive an atonement spell by a good-aligned spellcaster or one whose deity especially reviles the undead.

Completion Benefit: When you take negative energy damage, you reduce the damage taken by 1 point per damage die. You gain a +2 sacred bonus on saving throws to resist the extraordinary and supernatural abilities of undead creatures (+4 against ghoul paralysis). You can cross this completed boon off your Chronicle sheet to change any bloodrager or sorcerer bloodlines you possess to the ghoul bloodline (Pathfinder RPG Monster Codex 60) or undead bloodline.

Pooptickler March 23rd, 2021 04:01 PM

I guess I should have also just asked "how do I add non-legal bloodlines?".

Minous March 23rd, 2021 04:47 PM

So you can add any bloodline you want, if you have the hero lab source, and the Community Pack has an adjustment for making it legal (to get rid of the warning message)

Pooptickler March 23rd, 2021 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minous (Post 294364)
So you can add any bloodline you want, if you have the hero lab source, and the Community Pack has an adjustment for making it legal (to get rid of the warning message)

Really?
I didn't see that, where is it?

Minous March 23rd, 2021 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pooptickler (Post 294365)
Really?
I didn't see that, where is it?

Both Ghoul and undead bloodlines are actually legal for use. The Ghoul bloodline is sorcerer only though. Undead is on both lists.

Pooptickler March 23rd, 2021 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minous (Post 294366)
Both Ghoul and undead bloodlines are actually legal for use. The Ghoul bloodline is sorcerer only though. Undead is on both lists.

Alright, so is there a way to put a Ghoul Bloodline on the Bloodrager?
Is it the vanities thing?
What do I do?

Minous March 24th, 2021 03:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pooptickler (Post 294367)
Alright, so is there a way to put a Ghoul Bloodline on the Bloodrager?
Is it the vanities thing?
What do I do?

The Ghoul Bloodline isnt available for a bloodrager, just the undead line. All that boon does is give you a free instant retraining. (for that aspect of the boon)