Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Realm Works Discussion (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Excited for Realm Works (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=12706)

Street March 27th, 2011 06:06 AM

Excited for Realm Works

I have been searching some time for a good campaign designer and organizer. Looks like Realm Works may just be the product I have been looking for. Integration with Hero Lab is most excellent news.

One feature I do not see listed is multi monitor support. Is that planned? It would be nice to display certain information to the players on a separate monitor, sort of a fog of war thing. On that subject, I see no mapping utility or provisions listed.

I am looking forward to the beta starting up.

chiefweasel March 28th, 2011 07:19 AM

yup all good things, but cant throw them all in the one product on release. i think LW can get to some of them later on. as for mapping, i am getting into this as well. i know that d20pro uses HL characters and can do fog of war and such. but at present i think they only user d20 3.5 information so it doesnt support pathfinder.

i plan to use Fractal Mapper (a great product i have been using for year) and use a fog "layer". as players move into the different sections, i will delete certion parts of the map. its just my workaround.

DthShdw March 28th, 2011 11:50 AM

I've used Fractal Mapper as well, wonderful tool. Extra bonus is that you can actually print up room details similar to adventure modules to help keep things organized when running the game. Really hoping Realmworks will (eventually) be able to do the same. I'm under no illusions that it'll be 100% up to expectations right off. In some ways, I wouldn't *want* it to be, mostly due to the horrible volume of bugs it'd likely be ridden with.

chiefweasel March 30th, 2011 10:08 AM

Is Realm Works sort of slated for a Gen Con release? Just curious, thanks.

Kendall-DM March 30th, 2011 01:52 PM

Reports conflict, the newsletter referred to early summer, and then to a GenCon release, which if I'm not mistaken, is late summer. So, who knows?

chiefweasel March 31st, 2011 11:31 AM

Gen Con is early August, i'll be there a day early myself.

Mythanthor April 8th, 2011 05:54 AM

Realm Works is exactly what I have been looking for. I will put my hand up for Beta testing :)

McTaff April 21st, 2011 04:56 AM

Spamalot!

Silveras May 2nd, 2011 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefweasel (Post 53912)
i know that d20pro uses HL characters and can do fog of war and such. but at present i think they only user d20 3.5 information so it doesnt support pathfinder.

The user community has been quite active in generating data sets for Pathfinder.

ogexam May 3rd, 2011 09:26 AM

The data files for Pathfinder for d20Pro are on the help website.

There are four files you need to copy to the campaign folder and you will be operating using the Pathfinder files.

Plus the user community have generated a lot of other helpful files. One being the entire beastiary!

edit: here is a link of using Pathfinder in d20Pro

chiefweasel May 4th, 2011 09:41 AM

they are also available at www.cheeseweasel.net