Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   can not delete items in iOS app (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=61473)

Golo October 25th, 2018 02:14 PM

can not delete items in iOS app

As of the latest update I cannot delete Classes, Feats, alternate racial features, items spells or any other feature in-app so. So If I add the wrong thing I have to start over because I can not remove anything.

I can delete portfolios, I also have this problem in the 5e portion of the app.

It is easy to reproduce. add a class level and then try to remove it. nothing happens after you click on delete or swipe left for delete.

Dami October 25th, 2018 11:16 PM

Submit a bug report. LW may not see a forum post.

Azhrei October 26th, 2018 06:08 PM

Update the app. I found this problem in beta build 812 and reported it and it appears to be fixed in build 815 (which I'm now using).

LucasVon October 26th, 2018 10:40 PM

Same issue here, this started out of nowhere. Already on build 815. Tried deleting the app, reinstalling, restarting the iPad... nothing works.

Lackoffocus October 27th, 2018 07:28 AM

I have found as a temporary fix is to reactivate the License before you open the character you need to edit.

soulcougher73 October 28th, 2018 07:04 AM

I have this problem also with latest update.

Loughron October 28th, 2018 04:20 PM

Exactly the same issue just reloaded from App Store as well.

Azhrei October 28th, 2018 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LucasVon (Post 272105)
Same issue here, this started out of nowhere. Already on build 815. Tried deleting the app, reinstalling, restarting the iPad... nothing works.

Oh. :o

Sorry, it works for me. I wonder what the difference is between our two setups...?

LucasVon October 28th, 2018 10:21 PM

After talking to Ryan from Support, looks like using the delete button is what's causing the issue. Besides not working itself, it stops other things from working, like the swipe to delete, and (at least in my case), the Night's Rest button.

Worked around it by restarting the app, reloading the portfolio and only using the swipe to delete function.

Hopefully it'll be fixed in the next patch!

Adam.Ormond November 1st, 2018 06:56 AM

In addition to deletion not functioning and needing to restart the iPad app, I've noticed that deleting spells sometimes does not work correctly. Based on the behavior, it appears to be an array indexing issue. For instance, I will choose to delete the 5th spell from the top, but a pop-up will appear asking if I want to delete the spell immediately below it. If I click "OK", the spell described in the pop-up is deleted, not the spell I initially selected.

Rone November 2nd, 2018 10:06 AM

The Apple team has approved our latest Update Build for the Hero Lab iPad App to Version 8.7.3, and that this Update should resolve the frustrations, lock-ups, and freezing that occurs when trying to Delete a variety of Character Selections.

Go ahead and boot up your iPad, get it Updated and you should be good to go. We very much appreciate your patience while we worked on the BUG, and that you bothered to reach out and Report the problem.

Do let us know if you run into any issues. Thanks again!