Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   (Drop Dead Studios) Spheres of Power: Official Support Thread (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=55344)

wdmartin June 20th, 2016 02:31 PM

Any reason the SoP files aren't available through LWD? I mean, I'm fully capable of downloading and installing 'em, it's just considerably less convenient.

TheIronGolem June 20th, 2016 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmartin (Post 231175)
Any reason the SoP files aren't available through LWD? I mean, I'm fully capable of downloading and installing 'em, it's just considerably less convenient.

We did have some discussion with LWD about distributing SoP through their channels, but in the end they decided not to go that route with us. I do not know what prompted that decision, but I'm sure they had their reasons. And they were kind enough to let me use their forums for a support channel.

TheIronGolem June 25th, 2016 08:45 PM

I've just posted version 1.6, which fixes various bugs that I've been finding through bug reports and work on SoPEx.

As usual, be careful of updating right before you run a game.

Lord Magus June 26th, 2016 07:25 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Bug encountered right after updating. My SoP setup just has the Community files as other add-ons, no. other .user files.

BTW, would it be possible for the update files we download to have version numbers, so that they don't overwrite the previous versions when a new download is available? That would help rolling back in case of a major bug. Thanks!

EldritchWeaver June 26th, 2016 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Magus (Post 231368)
Bug encountered right after updating. My SoP setup just has the Community files as other add-ons, no. other .user files.

BTW, would it be possible for the update files we download to have version numbers, so that they don't overwrite the previous versions when a new download is available? That would help rolling back in case of a major bug. Thanks!

Looks like as if there is a dependency to the Expanded Options test file from the main file somewhere. Either that dependency needs to be cut or reversed by moving the appropriate content from the EO to the main file.

TheIronGolem June 26th, 2016 09:23 AM

That is indeed what happened. I have posted a fixed version of 1.6, so if you download that and re-compile then it should work.

Lord Magus June 26th, 2016 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheIronGolem (Post 231373)
I have posted a fixed version of 1.6, so if you download that and re-compile then it should work.

Indeed! Thanks a lot!

cantroy July 1st, 2016 05:03 PM

Is NICsopSpSt from this file? I see that it doesn't exist, didn't load the data files.

More info.. I remove Spheres from my addons and it compiles, so something is calling this function in the 1.6 file

It is in the components file, line 1246.. hmmm And removing it didn't quite help, now I have a SoPSphPtf references non existant panel option /sigh... help! We game on Saturday.. at least that laptop still has 1.5.. I won't upgrade it yet, for sure.

TheIronGolem July 1st, 2016 05:20 PM

I just posted 1.7 to fix this issue. There were a couple of files I had accidentally added to a previous release, and mistakenly thought I could remove from 1.6 without a problem. Oh, well.

In related news, Expanded Options is feature-complete and now in testing. No hard date yet for release but it should be soon.

dereth66 July 1st, 2016 06:47 PM

Thank you very very much, i am also looking forward to the expanded options, so far i love the spheres of power, only game so far i like more has been shadowrun but it is fading fast, Thank you