Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Realm Works Discussion (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Sync grayed out - Sync not available with your current account level. (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=59661)

joepacelli December 1st, 2017 10:59 AM

Sync grayed out - Sync not available with your current account level.

I've not used Realm Works in awhile. I've only dabbled in it and just started to seriously start using it. I purchased it sometime in May when the Content Market was supposedly being released shortly (but that's beside the fact).

I've been putting in the data for Scarred Lands Setting and my Sync button is disabled. If I hover over it it states:
"Sync not available with your current account level. Upgrade to enable syncing"

I've looked all over Realm Works and can't find out what my current level is or how I would upgrade to anything,

I purchased the GM version of this so I'm confused as to why this is disabled all of sudden.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
Joe

daplunk December 1st, 2017 12:28 PM

Interesting. We all know this is how it should work in the future but the requirement to pay to use sync is still frozen to my knowledge. I would be logging a fault.

kbs666 December 1st, 2017 02:58 PM

Just checked mine as well. I'm still able to sync normally. You must have a bug.

To the best of my knowledge the only people with RW without access to cloud storage are certain people who bought a lower tier in the Kickstarter. You'd know if that was you.

joepacelli December 1st, 2017 03:43 PM

I didn't purchase RW as part of Kickstarter. I purchased this past year in May after waiting for the Content Market and believing it was close to release back in May.

I just start to actually use it and noticed the Sync not working. Now even if this correct, I can't find anyplace within the application that tells me my account level or even how to upgrade.

daplunk December 1st, 2017 03:48 PM

That's because all the subscription stuff is frozen. No one is paying it currently. It's meant to be turned back on about the same time that the content market goes live though so hopefully sometime soon. It's a bit of a catch 22 ;) we get to start buying content but we have to also start paying the subscription fee if we are going to use the server sync.

Vargr December 1st, 2017 03:54 PM

For what it is worth:

- I just checked my RW and I am able to sync as well.
- I have never seen any mentioning of account level within the application.

You could try renaming your preferences.xml file.

Rename it so you can get it back afterwards just in case.

You can find it here: C:\Users\~your_username~\AppData\Roaming\LWD Technology, Inc\Realm Works

RW should rebuild the preference file and give you a clean one with default settings.

I don't know if it will make any difference, but it might be worth a try.

joepacelli December 4th, 2017 04:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vargr (Post 259661)
For what it is worth:

- I just checked my RW and I am able to sync as well.
- I have never seen any mentioning of account level within the application.

You could try renaming your preferences.xml file.

Rename it so you can get it back afterwards just in case.

You can find it here: C:\Users\~your_username~\AppData\Roaming\LWD Technology, Inc\Realm Works

RW should rebuild the preference file and give you a clean one with default settings.

I don't know if it will make any difference, but it might be worth a try.

Tried it and still the same results.
Sync is greyed out for the one Realm I was working on

ErinRigh December 4th, 2017 05:01 AM

That's crazy Joe, log a bug for sure, hope it gets straightened out soon

Valdacil December 4th, 2017 10:08 AM

Same for me. I just purchased RW last week and I think I was able to sync when I first purchased it. Sync is disabled for me. I tried copying my realm to another name, and Sync is disabled for that realm also.

Buyaka December 6th, 2017 12:45 AM

Same for me as well. Yesterday evening all was still fine. This morning greyed out with the same message about the account level.

I was also not part of the kickstarter, but bought RW this year at some point. I mean it would at least make sense to give us the opportunity to buy additional clould service.