Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Witch Question (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=43570)

yo!! April 14th, 2013 11:24 AM

Witch Question

OK, so I'm trying to build a witch...

Firstly, I choose +1 Spells Known when I level. Where is that "+1 Spells Known" being recorded at? If I go to the Witch tab, and look at the "Spells" section, the numbers don't change?

Second, when I click on Familiar's Spells (aka, all the spells I know) it lets me select as many as I want. There's no counter that lets me know how many I can actually learn. I guess this second point is more of a bug report than a question...

Thanks

Umarian April 14th, 2013 11:37 AM

#1 - On the Adjust tab, under "Other Adjustments" you need to select "Spells known" and add it to your character. Then you can select the class and level to be added to. **Edit: Looking at the Human Witch FCB, it adds to the number of spells in your book, not to the number you can cast per day. The above steps would add to the number cast per day. You can just add the Known spell to the spell book without having to add the "Spells Known" adjustment.**

#2 - This is known and on their To-Do list. For now the player has to be honest and not add more than they should.

yo!! April 14th, 2013 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Umarian (Post 153548)
#1 - On the Adjust tab, under "Other Adjustments" you need to select "Spells known" and add it to your character. Then you can select the class and level to be added to. **Edit: Looking at the Human Witch FCB, it adds to the number of spells in your book, not to the number you can cast per day. The above steps would add to the number cast per day. You can just add the Known spell to the spell book without having to add the "Spells Known" adjustment.**

#2 - This is known and on their To-Do list. For now the player has to be honest and not add more than they should.

Thanks for the speedy reply. It basically sounds like I will just need to keep track of how many spells I can learn, correct?

Umarian April 14th, 2013 12:32 PM

Yep. There are so many ways that your character can gain new spells for their book, that trying to figure out which ones you get at leveling and which you get from other places is not easy to track. Maybe someday in the future, but I doubt it is high on the list to be done.

ShadowChemosh April 14th, 2013 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Umarian (Post 153548)

Yea this is not true. This is not a bug. As a witch or wizard can add a unlimited number of spells you can't enforce a value. My witch could add spells via scrolls another witch at any time at any level.

So how could HL do anything when the only time there is a limitation is during character creation? The second the game starts their is no limit.

thedarkelf007 April 14th, 2013 09:31 PM

About the only thing Realm Works can do is add an information field so the player can state where they received the spell.

this would be useful in my games.