Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Realm Works Discussion (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Fonts, bold and indents not saving? (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=57551)

Lanmalchior January 27th, 2017 08:45 PM

Fonts, bold and indents not saving?

Hello and thanks for any help. I am new to the program and could only stand about 2 hours of reading and videos before I had to start tinkering, so I apologize if I missed something obvious.

I am copy and pasting some info from a pdf file and I am bolding some parts, indenting others by hitting [enter] to make sure it has a line break and then hitting the space bar twice.

I've also changed the font, and not to anything weird, just 11 point Times New Roman, by selecting individual parts and also but doing a ctl-A and changing it all. I've also tried dumping things into Notepad that I get from the pdf with a ctl-v and then doing doing a ctl-a, ctl-c to select all and copy it before pasting into RW.

Now when I save changes using ctl-E or by clicking on something out and choosing yes if it asks if I want to save, I see it revert back to previous fonts or unbolding, etc right before my eyes. It doesn't always seem to do it and while writing this I tried it a few times to see if I could give more info and it didn't do it, but when I copied a paragraph that was in Time New Roman 11 and tried pasting it into a new item (sorry, don't remember all the terms) it pasted with part of it in Tahoma 11 point, and some in Tahoma 9 point. *shrug* Weird!

Is there a way to set a default font type and size and why am I getting such odd results. It doesn't ruin by info, but it drives my OCD nuts. Thanks for any help.

I am running a clean install of Windows 10 I just installed 2 days ago, if that matters.

Lanmalchior January 27th, 2017 08:54 PM

OMG, I just went back to some of the things after creating a new item and things changed back again including fonts and indentations and a spelling error! I work under these crazy conditions. It's like OCD writer torture!

daplunk January 27th, 2017 08:58 PM

Something is wrong here. This is not normal.

ErinRigh January 27th, 2017 09:01 PM

When i copy-paste from word it occasionally changes the fonts but not after i format it in RW...odd

AEIOU January 27th, 2017 09:30 PM

I almost always strip all formatting, convert to RW default of Tahoma and change to RW default font size. I've only experience stuff like you are experiencing when I try to paste formatted text into RW. Your mileage may vary.

kbs666 January 27th, 2017 09:50 PM

I've had really bad results with pasting from PDF if I didn't strip all formatting first. What the op is describing sounds a lot like some of the stuff I dealt with back when I tried that.

lordarcheron January 28th, 2017 07:00 AM

I had those issues too and have noticed if the text has new lines with only CR (carriage return) or LF (line feed) it get messed up with formatting, but mostly CR as far as I remember.
If CR+LR are both present as a new line it works fine.
Many texts I have copied over CTRL+C has only CR or LF but not CR+LF.

The invisible paragraph for those is the symbol similiar to the Enter-Key at the keyboard. (Making a new line with SHIFT-Enter will show the same symbol too).
Try to change those new lines with a normal "enter".

I hope I am not completely wrong with that new line stuff. :-)
( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newline )

jflevesque January 28th, 2017 07:16 AM

If I may add something more, I'm not sure how RW stores spaces, but HTML rendering strips all spaces except 1. So if you are aligning stuff using spaces, that will probably not work.

For the formatting issue, I don't remember experiencing that. But I also strip all formatting when pasting from PDF, using the special paste (Ctrl+Alt+V) and using the Unformatted text as a single paragraph option.

daplunk January 28th, 2017 12:08 PM

Come to think of it I practically never paste with formatting. My default option is to strip formatting. You can set default size and font in the settings then which applies to the whole realm.

Exmortis January 30th, 2017 05:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I have had lots of weird issues with formatting in RW.

I always use the CTRL+ALT+V when pasting to strip all formatting to default.
Sometimes after I am done, I cannot actually apply any formatting to text, its greyed out. the entire ribbon. Even if I save it is still greyed out, I have to actually go to another topic, then back again, enable editing and then I can apply formatting.

My worst issue, which still happens is the formatting of text I did not highlight. I would have to video my work, every time to get it on camera, but essentially I have a screenie of what happened, which I can show.

I highlighted the red circled text "sleeping drug."
I then applied BOLD + RED TEXT formatting.
But the second red circle I show what was actually formatted.
The formatting was applied to the word "in", in a totally different snippet.
This happens from time to time, used to be so much I just auto corrected it on the fly. Now its rarer and catches me off guard.

This was after many saves, I apply formatting last, and I use it liberally:
RED TEXT + BOLD + UNDERLINE = trap, hostile entity, or something dangerous.

This helps GM see the dangers quickly in the topic.

PURPLE TEXT + BOLD + ITALIC = Item of value.

This helps high light them for the GM. This is especially great for stat blocks, where a GM might easily miss the magic items an enemy may posses or use on the party.