Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Realm Works Discussion (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Integrate Ready-Made Content Into Your World - Coming in 2016? (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=60600)

Tersival April 27th, 2018 04:39 PM

Integrate Ready-Made Content Into Your World - Coming in 2016?

The "Integrate Ready-Made Content Into Your World" link on the Features list from the Realm Works homepage leads to a page announcing a Content Market Coming in 2016.

Do I need a time machine to reach an alternate timeline?

Am I missing a link somewhere to show me what is in the Content Market?

Did it never happen?

A healthy list of ready made products that could be imported to Realm Works would be a very attractive feature, but for a pricey product (as a DM tool) a "feature" page that clearly hasn't been updated in at least two YEARS is not a good sign.

Jujutsuka May 4th, 2018 06:45 PM

You really do not want the answer to this question.

daplunk May 4th, 2018 10:39 PM

No the content market is not out yet. Last update we have is that they have content ready to sell but need to have the Pathfinder Content ready as part of the launch. The Pathfinder stuff has a requirement set by Paizo to use an API to log into their web services to check for ownership of a Paizo PDF before you can buy Paizo content on RW (and other 3rd party tools). There is a problem with that and LWD are awaiting an update from Paizo. But Paizo are busy working on Pathfinder 2.0 and rebuilding their website and the months they are passing peacefully by.

Tharmiones May 5th, 2018 02:42 PM

Parts of that answer might alienate you.

EightBitz May 5th, 2018 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tharmiones (Post 266247)
Parts of that answer might alienate you.

How so? I thought it was an even-handed, level-headed, informed reply.

GThiel May 6th, 2018 01:27 PM

Maybe if someone is going to Paizo Con they can corner the staff and see if they can "tickle" an answer out of them as to what the hold up is. :-)

dungeonguru May 6th, 2018 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EightBitz (Post 266249)
How so? I thought it was an even-handed, level-headed, informed reply.

I'm thinking it might have to do with the peacefully passing by portion. The CM delay keeps getting portions of the RW community riled up about semi-monthly. Daplunk is the best thing LW has going for the RW community and project at this point and takes way too much flak, but even he's let slip a few times that the competing projects are catching up.

Personally, I've had to step away from RW and move over to a competitor that doesn't have all the CM functions I need, but does have all the mechanics in an easily searchable format from all the major game systems I run for a reasonable price and I've gained a lot of time back to devote to story rather than pre-game day data entry.

daplunk May 6th, 2018 05:08 PM

Oh that was intended as sarcasm lol

gloranphile May 6th, 2018 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dungeonguru (Post 266257)
Personally, I've had to step away from RW and move over to a competitor that doesn't have all the CM functions I need, but does have all the mechanics in an easily searchable format from all the major game systems I run for a reasonable price and I've gained a lot of time back to devote to story rather than pre-game day data entry.

Pray tell, what competitor are you using? I've pretty much given up on RW except as a "reference bank" of content.

dungeonguru May 7th, 2018 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gloranphile (Post 266262)
Pray tell, what competitor are you using? I've pretty much given up on RW except as a "reference bank" of content.

I decided to go with a combo of Fantasy Grounds and Onenote/Word (since Onenote was installed free on the laptop) and my dropbox account.

After re-evaluating how my players view content there is no way I could force them to look at a player view or even visit a dedicated campaign website (most of my players are 40+, so old school) so sharing my own documents (not purchased PDFs, but actual campaign notes) on dropbox is enough. Each one of them gets a folder shared only to them if I need to grant one of them any additional info.

As far as the other things, FG supports custom calendars, the big two (5e and PF) and many other game systems, the monster and spell libraries are fast and easily searchable, and the core rulebooks are in a format that's easy to flip through. Since I happen to have a cheap 2nd laptop, I can display the map or any images to a dedicated client that shows on a large TV next to the game table. It has a combat/initiative tracker built in and if you use the built-in spell/dice rolling from a laptop it automagically can do all your monster combat rolls for you, or you can set it to handle manual rolling at the table.

And, it grants me the flexibility to go full VTT in the future if I need to.

The downside is that I still need a tool like Hero Lab to really create characters or NPCs with classes, and there is a little bit of manual process to create your own NPCs if you don't use stock monster stats. It also doesn't have a true player view without a 2nd client.

I do however believe that FG might fix those issues going forward.

The BIGGEST SELL is that Doug (the owner) and the community host a dedicated youtube channel that they call Fantasy Grounds Fridays that they use to keep their community engaged and informed. Something that RW could easily replicate but doesn't seem to want to.