Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Realm Works Discussion (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Content Store and DnD 5e (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=57510)

bnickelsen January 24th, 2017 03:17 PM

Content Store and DnD 5e

Is there any info out there on what LW can or plans to offer related to 5E

SRD?
Core books?
Supplements?
Adventures?
Nothing?

I already own every book published for 5E, and I own everything published for Fantasy Grounds. Now I am willing to spend more to get it in RW.

How ever if there will not be official content then I want to get started right away building it myself.

kbs666 January 24th, 2017 03:25 PM

There has been no official announcement and LWD is only able to offer SRD content for HeroLab at this time.

daplunk January 24th, 2017 03:25 PM

This question is on a couple of peoples minds...

Quote:

Is there going to be a license with WOTC.

bnickelsen January 24th, 2017 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daplunk (Post 242445)
This question is on a couple of peoples minds...

Just makes me wonder why the import part is locked down for 5E.

the_redbeard January 24th, 2017 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnickelsen (Post 242450)
Just makes me wonder why the import part is locked down for 5E.

I've not been able to test import because I have nothing to import. But I have set my game system to 5e (because it is). Are you saying I can't import if I'm set to 5e? Or ?

kbs666 January 24th, 2017 06:47 PM

LWD says they are changing the format of the 5e realm and that letting people share 5e realms would cause problems once the changes are implemented so they have locked down the 5e realm from sharing.

mazzy January 24th, 2017 08:48 PM

I believe some substantive changes were still pending for D&D5E to more closely match what Wizards have in place in regards to their structure, which is why they've delayed the ability to import/export 5e realms. I believe they'll be lifting that restriction this week (last I heard that is). I'm patiently waiting as well since all my campaigns are set in 5e, and then it's gonna be all systems go!!

craghammer January 25th, 2017 04:51 AM

5E would be very welcome indeed. Modules and adventures mostly, as the core rulebooks are one everyone's table (I assume).
My biggest fear for WOTC issued RW material is the cost. I looked at what they were going to charge for Fantasy Grounds, and it is appaling.
But first and foremost I want RW to launch the updated 5E game system definition so I can export and import stuff!

Btw., are there any exports (by users) shared with the community? "For personal use only" :)

Dr_Automaton January 25th, 2017 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by craghammer (Post 242486)
Btw., are there any exports (by users) shared with the community? "For personal use only" :)

Probably a question you shouldn't be asking. You're basically asking someone to violate WotC's copyright on LWD's public forums.

I'd suggest waiting until the Content Market is up to see what 5E materials are available. After that, the community can probably put out a user-created version of the SRD if we don't get anything official.

daplunk January 25th, 2017 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by craghammer (Post 242486)

Absolutely there are exports...

I have the MM, PHB, DMG, POTA, SKT and HOTDQ entered and exported.

No you can't have it.

And while we are at it... my interactive map of Faerun. No one can have that either. That's right people, stop messaging me, money won't change my mind.