Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Hero Lab Online Discussion (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   Announcement about Subscriptions (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=63802)

marroon69 February 14th, 2020 05:45 AM

Update to Group

So if I just renewed my license for a year will I be able to add group licensing on to it? Please say yes....

dacoobob February 14th, 2020 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marroon69 (Post 285923)
So if I just renewed my license for a year will I be able to add group licensing on to it? Please say yes....

i don't work for LW but i'd be pretty shocked if there's not a mechanism to upgrade an existing regular license to one of the new group options after they come out. in fact it might just be an add-on feature to your standard license, that would make the most sense from a business perspective imo.

ronlugge February 15th, 2020 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GougedEye (Post 285910)
Hopefully I'm wrong, but I'm betting that the most we can expect is an announcement of how group licensing will work at some unspecified future date rather than any sort of implementation by the 24th.

Hopefully I'm wrong, because without this, it's basically useless to me as a forever DM.

I really hope you're wrong too, because getting my groups into this would be awesome.

KazMx February 17th, 2020 07:10 PM

We're still waiting I guess, I'm not extending my license until I knwo for sure. LWD? Are you there?

Hitchhiker February 20th, 2020 08:19 AM

I am really on the fence about renewing my subscription, and I am waiting to hear the announcement about group purchases. Has there been any further word?

Shadowfoot February 20th, 2020 01:13 PM

I've set up my account with Auth-Renew every 12 months. I expect to be able to add the group licence to that. I have 6 players at my table so hopefully, it won't be too much.

Koro76 February 22nd, 2020 10:07 PM

So...supposedly we were supposed to hear something about the upcoming subscription models before the 24th, and it's 1hr until the 23rd PST. Anything yet?

Hitchhiker February 24th, 2020 05:22 AM

Well if there was I missed it, oh well. One of the groups that I GM for was even asking me if I was going to renew the subscription. I was waiting until the announcement was made. In usual Lonewolf manner, missed another self-imposed deadline. Not really surprised.

ronlugge February 24th, 2020 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koro76 (Post 286201)
So...supposedly we were supposed to hear something about the upcoming subscription models before the 24th, and it's 1hr until the 23rd PST. Anything yet?

I honestly assumed they meant by the end of today, so they've got a few hours yet..

Please tell us something soon...

dacoobob February 24th, 2020 02:40 PM

the account and licensing system is currently down for maintenance until 5pm Pacific, i'm guessing that's a good sign...?