Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed. (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   [Bug Reports] Skaven (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=13212)

Rushputin June 9th, 2011 02:34 AM

[Bug Reports] Skaven

There are some problems with the Common Magic Items are priced for Skaven:

There are a number of differences between the pricing of the items in the BRB and the Skaven army book, and it appears that the lowest cost, regardless of source, is being used. This is incorrect: the cost listed in the armybook needs to be used (pg 172).

In the case of the Biting Blade and the War Banner, the Skaven army book cost is lower than the BRB cost, so the correct cost is being used.

The Sword of Striking, Sword of Battle, and Enchanted Shield are undercosted by 15, 5 and 5 points, however.

Yobtar June 9th, 2011 06:31 PM

I have no idea how these changes are being implemented into the files as i havent messed with points cost in forever. Hopefully Ultra can sort this bug and the other bug with packmasters and master moulder with rat ogres out

UltraPrime June 9th, 2011 09:38 PM

I'll get on it! Not sure how these have changed, though.

Yobtar June 10th, 2011 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UltraPrime (Post 57042)
I'll get on it! Not sure how these have changed, though.

Woot! You da man!!!

Yobtar November 20th, 2011 08:19 AM

Currently AB lets you mount a Warlord on a Warlitter or on a Rat Ogre Bonebreaker and then lets you mount one of those onto a Brood Horror. Doesn't seem correct to be able to ride a mount on a mount.
Also shouldn't the Brood Horror option only be showing if you have "Allow Forge World" or "Allow Warhammer Forge" enabled?

UltraPrime November 28th, 2011 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yobtar (Post 66024)
Currently AB lets you mount a Warlord on a Warlitter or on a Rat Ogre Bonebreaker and then lets you mount one of those onto a Brood Horror. Doesn't seem correct to be able to ride a mount on a mount.
Also shouldn't the Brood Horror option only be showing if you have "Allow Forge World" or "Allow Warhammer Forge" enabled?

Fixed

Yobtar December 9th, 2011 06:38 PM

This may seem odd but can we have the hyphen removed in Warp-Lightning Cannon? I included it because that is how it is listed in the bestiary of the army book but I now getting requests to have it removed.
Thanks!

UltraPrime December 9th, 2011 11:25 PM

Done :)

Rageaholic May 1st, 2012 05:08 AM

When I mount a warlord on a bonebreaker his wounds still show as 3.
Monstrous cavalry (which the warlord becomes once mounted on the bonebreaker) use the highest wounds of either the rider or mount. As the bonebreaker has 4 wounds the model should have 4 wounds.

UltraPrime May 1st, 2012 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rageaholic (Post 81526)
When I mount a warlord on a bonebreaker his wounds still show as 3.
Monstrous cavalry (which the warlord becomes once mounted on the bonebreaker) use the highest wounds of either the rider or mount. As the bonebreaker has 4 wounds the model should have 4 wounds.

Fixed for next release.

Glirhuin September 6th, 2012 02:55 AM

Hi there,

When I add a Chieftain and equip him with a Armour of Silvered Steel, his Armor Save bonus change from 5+ to 4+. It should change from 5+ to 2+, no ?

Thanks,
Glirhuin

Yobtar September 6th, 2012 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glirhuin (Post 91783)
Hi there,

When I add a Chieftain and equip him with a Armour of Silvered Steel, his Armor Save bonus change from 5+ to 4+. It should change from 5+ to 2+, no ?

Thanks,
Glirhuin

This was a previously reported bug that was fixed according to this post http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=12819. It has also been listed in many other threads if using the search function but was working properly at some point in time in the past.
I have no idea why it has reappeared but something must have been changed in either the magic item or the Skaven file.

The bug, which also appears on the Skaven warlord (I just checked) comes from the chieftain and the warlord both coming with heavy armor and the way their coding interacts with the Armors coding.

Hopefully Ultra can get this straightened out again post haste.

UltraPrime September 6th, 2012 09:39 AM

I'll sort this again. Probably something to do with my PC exploding...

Yobtar September 6th, 2012 10:10 AM

You let the smoke escape your computer?

Guess you didnt know they run on smoke?

Once it escapes you gotta go get a new one!

Yobtar September 20th, 2012 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glirhuin (Post 91783)
Hi there,

Thanks,
Glirhuin

Any luck with this fix yet?

/bump

Yobtar October 23rd, 2012 05:43 PM

/bump to draw UltraPrime's attention

UltraPrime October 23rd, 2012 10:37 PM

Arghhhh! I did this, why is it not working again? Back to the drawing board!

UltraPrime October 23rd, 2012 11:15 PM

Story time!

Now, I knew I'd addressed this problem in the past, but it wasn't specifically for Skaven. I fixed the issue, and checked it was working properly on a few armies. When it seemed to be working, I smiled and moved on. Skaven, being near the bottom of the list of armies, was never reached, but I assumed if it was working with others, there would be no reason it didn't work for them.

What it boiled down to was how AB was dealing with preselected armour. For everyone except the Skaven Warlord and Chieftain, it gave the no armour save unless the preselected armour was selected, so when a different piece of armour was selected this line of code was ignored. But not our two Skaven friends! For some reason, their code was the reverse - the preselected armour save was hard-coded into their stats, and it was modified if another piece of armour was selected.

This simple reversal of stats conflicted with how the Armour of Silvered Steel was implemented, causing an error with just these two characters.

Short version - it works now, just re-download the file :D

Yobtar October 24th, 2012 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UltraPrime (Post 96951)
Story time!

Now, I knew I'd addressed this problem in the past, but it wasn't specifically for Skaven. I fixed the issue, and checked it was working properly on a few armies. When it seemed to be working, I smiled and moved on. Skaven, being near the bottom of the list of armies, was never reached, but I assumed if it was working with others, there would be no reason it didn't work for them.

What it boiled down to was how AB was dealing with preselected armour. For everyone except the Skaven Warlord and Chieftain, it gave the no armour save unless the preselected armour was selected, so when a different piece of armour was selected this line of code was ignored. But not our two Skaven friends! For some reason, their code was the reverse - the preselected armour save was hard-coded into their stats, and it was modified if another piece of armour was selected.

This simple reversal of stats conflicted with how the Armour of Silvered Steel was implemented, causing an error with just these two characters.

Short version - it works now, just re-download the file :D

You, SIR, are the man!

Yobtar October 30th, 2012 08:59 PM

The armour of silvered steel bug has been fixed but now warlords and chieftains are starting out with a 4+ armor save. Should be 5+ for just heavy armor.
Also their armor saves are not being shown in the unit panel listed above the list.

UltraPrime October 30th, 2012 11:49 PM

Fixed the armour save bug for 2.50.

Now, the save not being shown in top panal has just opened a whole new issue! I've only just noticed that this effects all characters with pre-selected armour, not just Skaven!

This means I will have to completely change how I deal with this situation. Or not show armour saves in top panal. As I've also just noticed that some of the saves shown aren't even correct, I think I'm leaning towards the latter.

Yobtar May 6th, 2013 08:41 PM

Not a huge issue, but on the roster print out it lists scurry away and sin multiple times for units that have those special rules.

EdSteiner May 7th, 2013 05:43 AM

Will correct for 2.59

dusty1481 August 28th, 2013 04:35 PM

Skaven special characters missing!!!

Can someone please fix this?

EdSteiner September 4th, 2013 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dusty1481 (Post 164379)
Can someone please fix this?

More details as SIN, SA are rules almost that Skaven army models have. Some expections

lschantz December 1st, 2013 04:14 PM

Question and point issue

Packmaster Skweel Gnawtooth is only 100 points, he is listed as 108 and do you plan on entering forge world models for the Skaven Wolf Rats and the Exalted Vermin Lord?

EdSteiner December 2nd, 2013 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lschantz (Post 171087)
Packmaster Skweel Gnawtooth is only 100 points, he is listed as 108

Fixed for 2.68

Quote:

Originally Posted by lschantz (Post 171087)
Do you plan on entering forge world models for the Skaven Wolf Rats and the Exalted Vermin Lord?

Looking at it as Xmas holiday project

Yobtar December 3rd, 2013 06:50 PM

pg 104 of the skaven rulebook.

"upgrade packmaster to Skweel for 100 points."

wouldn't you have to buy the packmaster first then upgrade him?

That was my train of reasoning hence the 108 points cost.

With the current AB file you just pay 100 for him and not for a packmaster

EdSteiner December 3rd, 2013 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yobtar (Post 171308)
pg 104 of the skaven rulebook.

"upgrade packmaster to Skweel for 100 points."

wouldn't you have to buy the packmaster first then upgrade him?

That was my train of reasoning hence the 108 points cost.

With the current AB file you just pay 100 for him and not for a packmaster

Yobtar, darn'it your right, I remember I made that same notation myself. I just forgot about it. Yes base troop cost + 100 is 108. Noted for correction in mid month bug fix.

lschantz December 4th, 2013 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EdSteiner (Post 171310)
Yobtar, darn'it your right, I remember I made that same notation myself. I just forgot about it. Yes base troop cost + 100 is 108. Noted for correction in mid month bug fix.

That make sense, I had not thought about that before. Thanks for the clarification.

TheGodEmperor July 3rd, 2014 04:44 PM

The Doomwheel misfire table is absent.
A bit of nitpicking: The Giant's special attacks table is an option where relevant, but that of the Hell Pit Abomination is absent, as is the Hell Pit Abomination's "Too Horrible to Die" table, and the "misfire table" (if memory serves it's called the "Lurching Horror table).

Thanks.

TheGodEmperor July 3rd, 2014 04:44 PM

*Double Post* Please Ignore.

EdSteiner July 3rd, 2014 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGodEmperor (Post 186719)
The Doomwheel misfire table is absent.
A bit of nitpicking: The Giant's special attacks table is an option where relevant, but that of the Hell Pit Abomination is absent, as is the Hell Pit Abomination's "Too Horrible to Die" table, and the "misfire table" (if memory serves it's called the "Lurching Horror table).

Thanks.

Will get a my friend's skaven book and code this out. I didn't do the skaven dataset back in the day, and don't play them so I never knew it wasn't there.

Yobtar July 4th, 2014 05:04 AM

I intentionally excluded it so as not to include all the rules needed to play a Skaven army and for the fact that the "misfire" tables and the THTD table are large and would consume a vast amount of space on the roster printout.

EdSteiner July 4th, 2014 02:39 PM

Ah thank you Yobtar for that update. I think I might add only the page cite.

naloth July 13th, 2014 07:16 PM

These aren't bad just misleading. I've had a few people that took them to imply they had abilities that they don't:

Assassins show the benefit of an additional CCW (extra attack) even when equipped with a magic weapon or magic shield. Furthermore if you take any armor (mostly magical shields), the 4+ ward from dodging disappears.

In the short description for Skavenbrew says it affects the character and his unit. The longer description says unit only (which should be correct) and not characters.

Yobtar July 15th, 2014 05:42 PM

He s correct. I missed the character exclusion in Skavenbrew and the whole Assassin thing may have been beyond my talents at the time.

Can you please fix these Ed?

EdSteiner July 15th, 2014 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yobtar (Post 187700)
He s correct. I missed the character exclusion in Skavenbrew and the whole Assassin thing may have been beyond my talents at the time.

Can you please fix these Ed?

Noted to be fixed

legallytired October 7th, 2014 11:13 AM

Warplock Engineers

As of the 2.82 updates, warplock engineers can no longer take Arcane Items for some reason.

DragonCrafter October 7th, 2014 11:37 AM

Cannot Add Arcane Item to Warlock Engineer

If you make a Skaven Warlock Engineer a Level 1 or Level 2 wizard, it will still not allow arcane items to be selected.

(note that this was working prior to the recent update)