Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HLO - Pathfinder 2nd Edition (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Should I buy PF2 HLO (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=63968)

gandalf970 February 28th, 2020 05:31 AM

Should I buy PF2 HLO

I am on the fence about buying this. It seems there are a lot of errors and fixes needed. Should I wait a while until they fix these?

I am just getting into Pathfinder 2, but I have been playing most RPG's for 40 years. I don't mind sheeting it, but this might help my players. Let me know your thoughts.

Toblakai February 28th, 2020 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gandalf970 (Post 286462)
I am on the fence about buying this. It seems there are a lot of errors and fixes needed. Should I wait a while until they fix these?

I am just getting into Pathfinder 2, but I have been playing most RPG's for 40 years. I don't mind sheeting it, but this might help my players. Let me know your thoughts.

It is worth buying. I haven't really noticed any problems in my play.

Shadowfoot February 28th, 2020 02:45 PM

I agree with it being worth buying. It makes it so much easier setting up characters and the only issue I have with one of the 6 characters my players have has an easy workaround.

Alewis February 28th, 2020 02:58 PM

Certainly worth it. Not as good as classic Hero Lab but it's still the best we got.

dacoobob February 28th, 2020 03:03 PM

there's some bugs still, and not all the promised features are implemented yet, but imo the product is worth paying for at this point. and LW has been very responsive with bugfixes, releasing updates several times a week and new features every few weeks.

HLO is definitely very useful as-is, and getting better all the time.

charlieluce February 28th, 2020 05:51 PM

I would agree with the other posts; while it's got bugs, UI issues, printout issues, and lots of features on the to-do list, I'm still glad to have it to do the characters for my players.

Banpai February 29th, 2020 04:47 PM

It honestly depends on where and how you want to use it, and how reliable your internet connection is.

talsharien March 1st, 2020 01:43 AM

If you play or GM pathfinder 2 then the simple answer is yes. Is it flawless?, no. But it is improving all the time and well worth a shot.

thaX March 1st, 2020 08:49 PM

That depends on what you want with the purchase.

I have held back as my want for a character generator aid, as HLC was, is still somewhat on the back burner as the online character builder and inplay product is still paramount. I had hoped that a good character sheet printout would have been implemented by now, using the character sheet page or have the option to buy the character sheet portfolio to use instead of the minimalist sheet that is printed onto PDF now that has basic info and nothing from the Organized play at all. (Starfinder still has the Stamina and HP transfersed, I believe)

Still waiting for the offline use and for the web portal app to come up to par to the original program they had for previous licenses. Eventually, I will buy it, but it isn't there yet.

numbat1 March 2nd, 2020 03:14 PM

For me, I find it a valuable tool both as a GM and as a player.
There are aspects of HLC I like more and there are aspects of HLO I like more. I recognize how hard LWD is working to improve this tool and appreciate all their efforts. In the meantime, I also enjoy the functions currently available and find them very useful.