Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Hero Lab Discussion (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Cannot Install PDF plug-in (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=53741)

icantfallasleep September 2nd, 2015 12:50 PM

Cannot Install PDF plug-in

I keep getting a "Setup has detected that a product which uses PDF plug-in is currently running. Please close all products that use the pdf plug-in before you attempt to install this updated version."

I searched the faqs and the forum for answers. I only know how to report pathfinder bugs.

Please advise.

icantfallasleep September 2nd, 2015 12:51 PM

For anyone else wondering, I got this working by closing Hero Lab and running the executable with Hero Lab closed.

ShadowChemosh September 2nd, 2015 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icantfallasleep (Post 215109)
For anyone else wondering, I got this working by closing Hero Lab and running the executable with Hero Lab closed.

Yep that is the answer. Though it has come up many times so I am surprised a forum search didn't find it.

The other solution is people download it from the website and run it with HL closed.

Alteregoist April 23rd, 2019 11:39 AM

Quote:

Bumping this older post. The latest update did not allow me to update without closing Hero Lab and then using the still active "want to retry" box to retry and successfully update.:cool:

Rone April 23rd, 2019 12:36 PM

Alteregoist, are you suggesting a workaround or are you still unable to use the PDF plug-in?

If you need help, please submit a report to support@wolflair.com and Customer Support will take care of you.

Thanks!

charlieluce April 23rd, 2019 02:37 PM

Yeah, this one is evergreen: Start the update, get the error, close Hero Lab, finish the update.

Is there even a download page available anymore?

ScottGamer April 23rd, 2019 04:28 PM

I updated to HL 8.8h and PDF plug-in 1.7. I'm getting the same error when I try to install PDF plug-in 1.7. I tried the work-around above, but when I start HL I get an error that says the program cannot start because pdflib.dll is missing. HL starts after I dismiss that, but I can't save a character as a PDF.

I uninstalled PDF plug-in v1.7 and re-installed v1.6 (Windows 7 users, it's C:\ProgramData\Hero Lab\download\pdfcanvas16_win_install.exe ). That works.

I have emailed a report to support@wolflair.com .

Farling April 24th, 2019 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottGamer (Post 278373)
I updated to HL 8.8h

Is 8.8h the 64-bit beta version?
Scrap that - I saw the 8.8h is available today.

Rone April 24th, 2019 06:27 AM

Hey all, our apologies for the inconvenience. We're looking into this issue now.

Lexin April 26th, 2019 12:27 PM

Quote:

Where is the executable hiding? I've looked in (all) my 'download' subdirectories and it doesn't seem to be there. It doesn't seem to be hiding in the Herolab subdirectory, either. So where is it?