Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Hero Lab Online Discussion (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   Campaign Theater - players seeing too much (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=64173)

Shadowfoot April 10th, 2020 04:15 PM

Campaign Theater - players seeing too much

I have a PF NPC with Mage Armor and False life on them. This is visible to my players. Is this expected?
I'm okay with the idea that there are visible effects on the adversaries, but would prefer they are not revealed until the players attempt to identify them.

rob April 10th, 2020 07:55 PM

We're aware of this one and have it on the short list to be addressed. We've got a chunk of the work done to resolve it, but it's not quite all in place yet.

Shadowfoot April 10th, 2020 09:37 PM

Thanks Rob.

danyray April 11th, 2020 01:05 PM

In the same way, do you plan to make it possible to hide the race of monster. Some name spoil what the players face prior to identification. A togle like the off camera / on camera would be nice. Not identified / Identified.

rob April 11th, 2020 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danyray (Post 287754)
In the same way, do you plan to make it possible to hide the race of monster. Some name spoil what the players face prior to identification. A togle like the off camera / on camera would be nice. Not identified / Identified.

Our first step is sanitizing the display for players in the general case, which will constitute omitting the alignment and buffs from npcs.

Hiding the race is another step, but it's more complicated, since it's not about actually hiding it. It's really about replacing it with an alternate term on an optional basis. So that will entail a bit more work.

Jamz April 20th, 2020 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rob (Post 287757)
Our first step is sanitizing the display for players in the general case, which will constitute omitting the alignment and buffs from npcs.

Hiding the race is another step, but it's more complicated, since it's not about actually hiding it. It's really about replacing it with an alternate term on an optional basis. So that will entail a bit more work.

In the VTT world we use GM name vs Player name. And can default Player name on new creatures to "Creature 431" (random number)

So a "2nd" name and ability to swap/show GM name on ID would be nice. But all easier said than done, right? :)

danyray April 24th, 2020 05:13 AM

An other tihng we remark in last night game is that the player have access to the "all" tab showing monster "off camera" to them. I pointed them to the correct tab, but I think the "All" tab shoudn't be available from the player side?

dacoobob April 24th, 2020 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danyray (Post 288102)
An other tihng we remark in last night game is that the player have access to the "all" tab showing monster "off camera" to them. I pointed them to the correct tab, but I think the "All" tab shoudn't be available from the player side?

Agreed, players should only be able to see the "On Camera" tab imo.

rob April 24th, 2020 12:01 PM

That sounds like an oversight on our part. I'll make sure this gets on the team's radar. It certainly doesn't hurt to file a bug report, too. :)

danyray April 24th, 2020 12:35 PM

Done, thanks Rob