Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Savage Worlds (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Savage Worlds Deluxe and Deadlands (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=15462)

CapedCrusader December 30th, 2011 02:45 PM

Savage Worlds Deluxe and Deadlands

OK, we have a small collision.

Savage Worlds Deluxe has adopted the "Succor" Arcane Power from the Fantasy Companion. Deadlands has a similar power, with a slight difference (caster can't use it on themselves).

Since SWD is the base, we've used the unique ID powSuccor for Savage Worlds Deluxe. This causes a conflict with Deadlands as written, since it uses powSuccor for it's version. Again, since SWD is the core rule set, we decided that it should get the use of the unique ID, and Deadlands should change. We wouldn't normally do this, but the version of the power adopted into the base rules was a different version than the one in Deadlands.

So, when loading the new Savage Worlds Deluxe version of Hero Lab, in order to use the Deadlands data file, my suggestion would be to alter Deadlands and it's associated files to use powSuccorD or something like it. I'll leave it up to Dartnet to decide what to use, since he's (to my knowledge) the largest contributor to the Deadlands datafile.

The update should be available soon...

THX472 January 1st, 2012 08:09 PM

What about the Guts skill? It looks like the SWD update doesn't allow Guts, but it should be a skill in Deadlands. How can it be enabled for Deadlands? Make a copy of it with a unique id and set it for the Deadlands source only?

dartnet January 1st, 2012 08:32 PM

Do it sir.

CapedCrusader January 1st, 2012 08:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
No, we allowed for that. There's a new tab in the editor called Setting Adjustments. Here's one for Deadlands that will enable the Guts skill for it. Put this in the directory with your DLR.user file.

THX472 January 2nd, 2012 12:30 PM

That worked thanks CapedCrusader.

MRex21 January 7th, 2012 05:34 PM

I tried this. It didn't work.

Suggestions?

MRex21 January 7th, 2012 06:36 PM

I tried something different. I removed DLR.user and Deadlands.user files and put in DLR_Setting_Adjustment.user and the data files compiled fine.

But now...there are no Deadlands specific Hindrances or Edges. It's all the generic SW stuff. Did I do something wrong? As far as I can tell the addition of the user file did nothing. What I mean is...I see the 'Deadlands' and 'Harrowed' check boxes during the character configuration, but nothing in the program changes.

CapedCrusader January 7th, 2012 09:54 PM

The user file had all of the content. The file I'm aware of is the DLR.user file. I'm not familiar with the Deadlands.user file.

The reason the check boxes are still there is likely because there is still something from the Deadlands source hanging around and keeping the header alive.

If you PM me your email address, I'll send you a version of the DLR.user file that should solve the compilation problem. With that and the Deadlands Setting Adjustment file in place, the Guts skill should work. Let me know if it doesn't.

MRex21 January 7th, 2012 10:59 PM

PM sent.