Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Creating the Agile weapon quality in the editor (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=40176)

Broven March 3rd, 2013 05:25 PM

Creating the Agile weapon quality in the editor

I'm very new to using the editor. I was wondering if someone would be willing to walk me through the steps to create the Agile weapon special quality.

I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

ValaraukarU March 3rd, 2013 06:33 PM

for me I added an item power. Just use one of the existing weapon powers as a base for creating the item power. Then I edited it to agile for all descriptions. I was too lazy to figure out the script to take the highest bonus of strength or dexterity, so instead I just added a Weapon Attack Bonus and Weapon Damage Adjustment on the character for the selected agile weapon. Set the adjustment for the poper difference between dex and str and was done.

ShadowChemosh March 3rd, 2013 09:28 PM

With the new tags that where recently added this is really easy to script actually.

So go to the "Item Power" tab in the Editor and just do a new (blank). Then Price (equivalent bonus) is "1". Requirements is set to "Melee weapons".

Then the script looks like this (Pre-Attributes/10000):
Code:

~ No Weapon Finesse feat then get out now!
doneif (hero.tagis[Hero.Finesse] <> 1)
~ Assign Damage uses Dex or Str tag to weapons parent
perform parent.assign[DamageOpt.aDEX]

DamageOpt - if you want to use the higher of Str or the new attribute for damage.

We use Parent here as the Parent is the Gizmo which is where the Weapon is actually stored. So we simply assign to are parent the tag that says use Dex for damage.

ValaraukarU March 4th, 2013 05:34 AM

Thanks Shadow, works great.

Broven March 4th, 2013 04:16 PM

Yep, that works great. Thank Shadow. And thanks for the explanation as well. Very helpful!

raptortamer January 19th, 2014 08:50 PM

Iv been trying to do this at the moment, and i dont really understand i have never scripted before and im not really looking to learn much but i want to do this, to simpilfy things can some one elabrate on shadows discription for me :c im lost

Aaron January 20th, 2014 07:37 AM

What part is confusing you?

raptortamer January 20th, 2014 11:26 PM

when it says (Pre-Attributes/10000) not sure what that means or where the script he posted actually goes also i have no idea how to tag gizmo as a parent im really sorry >.<

ShadowChemosh November 29th, 2014 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raptortamer (Post 174399)
when it says (Pre-Attributes/10000) not sure what that means or where the script he posted actually goes also i have no idea how to tag gizmo as a parent im really sorry >.<

Sorry I missed this question SO long ago but as I recently got questions about this thread I figure I may as well complete the info for others.

The above info assumes you have created a .user file and by going to "Tools->Show Editor". Then gone to "Equipment->Item Power" in the editor.

Then do a new (blank). Then Price (equivalent bonus) is "1". Requirements is set to "Melee weapons".

You have to add the "script" that is the most important. In the top Right corner click on "Eval Scripts" and add a new eval script.

Set the Phase to Pre-Attributes and Priority to 10000. Then copy the "Code" that follows into the "Script:" section.
Code:

~ No Weapon Finesse feat then get out now!
doneif (hero.tagis[Hero.Finesse] <> 1)
~ Assign Damage uses Dex or Str tag to weapons parent
perform parent.assign[DamageOpt.aDEX]

Press "OK" and save. Then click on "Test Now!" on the top left corner to get it to compile.